SGA: Maximize your Light Level when decrypting engrams (Destiny)

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Thursday, September 17, 2015, 04:08 (3176 days ago)

Higher Light Level = better gear, it seems this time.

One good way to do it is to decrypt one engram at a time and equipping it in case it ups your Light Level. I was struggling to get past 200 and broke-ass, now I'm at 220ish with 51 Legendary Marks.

This does seem to work.

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Thursday, September 17, 2015, 04:21 (3176 days ago) @ ZackDark

It's just sad seeing a blue engram decode to a higher light level then the new exotic helmet you just bought.

This does seem to work.

by Monochron, Thursday, September 17, 2015, 04:22 (3176 days ago) @ unoudid

It's just sad seeing a blue engram decode to a higher light level then the new exotic helmet you just bought.

Yeah I have been holding off on buying things. The important stats aren't clear enough for me to start dumping currency just yet.

This does seem to work.

by ProbablyLast, Thursday, September 17, 2015, 04:50 (3176 days ago) @ unoudid

You can infuse the year two exotics, right?

Correct

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Thursday, September 17, 2015, 12:11 (3176 days ago) @ ProbablyLast

- No text -

This does seem to work.

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Thursday, September 17, 2015, 10:34 (3176 days ago) @ unoudid

Or in my case, getting a green Axiom Coven that I've been making fun of for a whole year, and finding it easily stronger than your fully upgraded, yellow bar'd, ETHERIC LIGHT'ED Ascendant Legendaries and/or Exotics!

This does seem to work.

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Thursday, September 17, 2015, 11:11 (3176 days ago) @ Morpheus

Or in my case, getting a green Axiom Coven that I've been making fun of for a whole year, and finding it easily stronger than your fully upgraded, yellow bar'd, ETHERIC LIGHT'ED Ascendant Legendaries and/or Exotics!

I'm just really happy that my Blade boots for my titan are useful again. Even if they are only green.

worked for me

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Thursday, September 17, 2015, 11:21 (3176 days ago) @ ZackDark

had saved up about 20 engrams in my inventory last night. Decrypted 1 at a time, checked it and equipped if it was higher. I managed to go from 226 to 245 light. I think that there was only a handful that were actually lower than what i had equipped, and it was always less than 5 attack/defense lower.

worked for me

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Thursday, September 17, 2015, 12:12 (3176 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

had saved up about 20 engrams in my inventory last night. Decrypted 1 at a time, checked it and equipped if it was higher. I managed to go from 226 to 245 light. I think that there was only a handful that were actually lower than what i had equipped, and it was always less than 5 attack/defense lower.

This is pretty much what I did. went from 241 to 273 last night over a few hours of playing.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread