PSA: Ghost Scanning Tip! (Destiny)

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Thursday, September 17, 2015, 14:34 (3176 days ago)

A couple times now, the Ghost has beeped while I was running through the Dreadnaught and I’ve stopped to find out what he wanted to scan but had trouble determining what he’d locked onto (especially when things were up high or down low). At some point, I realized that the Ghost actually looks at whatever he wants to scan when you approach the object, as seen in the video below. He also seems to look at the scan point of the object, so that should help if you’re having trouble getting him to scan something.

Update: Added a post on the /r/DestinyTheGame subreddit.

He beeps?

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Thursday, September 17, 2015, 14:39 (3176 days ago) @ Beorn

- No text -

Yeup

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Thursday, September 17, 2015, 14:42 (3176 days ago) @ Kermit

I don’t have it recorded, but there’s an audio cue and his icon flashes in the top right corner when you get near something that can be scanned.

Yeup

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Thursday, September 17, 2015, 14:47 (3176 days ago) @ Beorn

I don’t have it recorded, but there’s an audio cue and his icon flashes in the top right corner when you get near something that can be scanned.

Do we know if he beeps/shows up when he wants us to do anything else? Like materials or chests?

There's a small noise. I didn't notice it either.

by Funkmon @, Thursday, September 17, 2015, 14:42 (3176 days ago) @ Kermit

People kept talking about it, but I never heard it. His picture shows up in the top right when he wants you to scan something, and he will beep. Like a computer in a movie beep, not like an alert beep.

it's a quite little trill.

by CougRon, Auburn, WA, USA, Thursday, September 17, 2015, 14:46 (3176 days ago) @ Funkmon

It's not as quite as the 'A Chest is near' sound. I think it sounds when you are approaching or receding from a scanable object. I only seem to notice it when I'm leaving.

by DreadPirateWes, Thursday, September 17, 2015, 17:05 (3176 days ago) @ CougRon

think only headphone wearers will be able to hear it?

by Anton P. Nym (aka Steve) ⌂ @, London, Ontario, Canada, Thursday, September 17, 2015, 18:52 (3176 days ago) @ DreadPirateWes

No, I go with 5.1 speakers and I hear it. It is subtle, though. (The visual cue should help folks even with not-so-great audio.)

-- Steve is admittedly more likely to note the Ghost's dialog sillhoutte appearing before noting the tone than the reverse.

Hallelujha!

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Thursday, September 17, 2015, 15:07 (3176 days ago) @ Beorn

- No text -

Mind blown!

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Thursday, September 17, 2015, 15:29 (3176 days ago) @ Beorn

At some point, I realized that the Ghost actually looks at whatever he wants to scan when you approach the object,

That is awesome :D

Thanks for the tip!

That is pretty cool

by yakaman, Thursday, September 17, 2015, 15:59 (3176 days ago) @ Beorn

I'm glad they've given the ghost something of an active purpose (as opposed to passive, cut-scene stuff). Makes it feel more relevant.

And, to compliment the scanning, a patrol with so many nooks, crannies, and hidden gems.

Well designed, this.

10 Q

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Thursday, September 17, 2015, 23:56 (3176 days ago) @ Beorn

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread