Raid advice if you please *no spoilers* (Destiny)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Thursday, September 24, 2015, 13:51 (3155 days ago)

Look at my warlock. (Caveat: I don't know why this link shows me as 265--I'm really at 287.)

I've got 180+ marks so I need to buy something. I'm lacking on Legendary Specials (like my sidearm, though), so I'm considering buying a sniper or shotty. Any recommendations? Maybe I should stick to the strike playlist tonight and see what drops. I'm close to ranking up in Crucible.

What would you do to prepare?

Raid advice if you please *no spoilers*

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Thursday, September 24, 2015, 13:59 (3155 days ago) @ Kermit

I haven't run the raid yet, but I've gotten a lot of nice drops from the Heroic playlist. It's worth running a lot in my opinion.

by bluerunner @, Music City, Thursday, September 24, 2015, 14:04 (3155 days ago) @ Kermit

A good sniper would be more useful than a shotgun. I can think of a few places where my snipers saved me. Solar would probably be the best flavor.

At 287 you should be fine. My 290 Hawkmoon was dropponents enemies pretty quick.

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Thursday, September 24, 2015, 14:05 (3155 days ago) @ Kermit

I've got 180+ marks so I need to buy something. I'm lacking on Legendary Specials (like my sidearm, though), so I'm considering buying a sniper or shotty. Any recommendations? Maybe I should stick to the strike playlist tonight and see what drops. I'm close to ranking up in Crucible.

I think a sniper would be an excellent purchase.

by squidnh3, Thursday, September 24, 2015, 14:05 (3155 days ago) @ Kermit

Hopefully this doesn't qualify as a spoiler, but you get normal loot drops in the raid (blues, greens). It's reasonable to assume that as you progress, you'll get some drops at a higher light level than you currently are, just as during normal play.

This is true

by Kahzgul, Thursday, September 24, 2015, 14:56 (3155 days ago) @ squidnh3

I got about 12 blue engrams and 1 legendary just learning and beating the first real encounter. Hopefully we get past the second one tonight!

I'd go for a high impact sniper.

by ProbablyLast, Thursday, September 24, 2015, 14:11 (3155 days ago) @ Kermit

- No text -

Been avoiding snipers lately. Will change strategy. Thanks!

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Thursday, September 24, 2015, 14:15 (3155 days ago) @ ProbablyLast

- No text -

by TheeChaos @, Thursday, September 24, 2015, 14:28 (3155 days ago) @ Kermit

Sniper would be the way to go, then a good LMG if you could swing it.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, September 24, 2015, 14:30 (3155 days ago) @ Kermit

Look at my warlock. (Caveat: I don't know why this link shows me as 265--I'm really at 287.)

Sniper. Definitely a sniper…

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, September 24, 2015, 14:42 (3155 days ago) @ Kermit

I'm at 287 (288 with my Sword, but I don't see that being all that useful). Hit me up if you see me online, I'll run strikes with you.

The only Sniper I have is Hereafter at 290, but it's Arc. I think all of my useful things are Arc or Void, maybe I'll luck into some decent Solar stuff today.

I dunno why yet, but my friend said to get the arc sword

by Kahzgul, Thursday, September 24, 2015, 14:57 (3155 days ago) @ Kermit

Apparently arc + sword is good for something. I've yet to see evidence of the value over any other sword, though.

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Thursday, September 24, 2015, 14:59 (3155 days ago) @ Kahzgul

Apparently arc + sword is good for something. I've yet to see evidence of the value over any other sword, though.

I know nothing about the raid, but I'm guessing it's because you fight enemies that attack with void and solar a lot, which you can block more effectively with your sword.

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Thursday, September 24, 2015, 15:33 (3155 days ago) @ Kahzgul

Odd, I was told yo get any sword but the Arc sword.

Honestly though, none of them seems to be any better than the others.

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, September 24, 2015, 15:39 (3155 days ago) @ someotherguy

Odd, I was told yo get any sword but the Arc sword.

Honestly though, none of them seems to be any better than the others.

I was thinking the Void Sword would be the best because it seems that more enemies deal Arc and Solar damage. On the other hand, Minotaurs are the only real Void shielded enemies that are prevalent, so you're kinda screwing yourself there.

I picked Solar, because fuck Tortured Captains.

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Thursday, September 24, 2015, 15:29 (3155 days ago) @ Kermit

As others have mentioned, a high impact sniper rifle will come in very handy. A decent machine gun is useful as well.

Aside from gear, I have 1 other piece of advice, since I think your group is going in blind:

The combat sections of this raid seem are very carefully designed for 6 people. Keep that in mind as you're figuring out how to handle each encounter. If anyone in the group ever finds themselves without something to do, you're missing something :)

Thanks!

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Thursday, September 24, 2015, 16:02 (3155 days ago) @ Kermit
edited by Kermit, Thursday, September 24, 2015, 16:07

Looks like I'm buying this. It's the highest impact I can find.

I appreciate the advice.

EDIT: The one from the Vanguard Quartermaster is solar, which is good.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread