Cayde's Deck (or the hunt for The Ace of Spades). (Destiny)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Thursday, September 24, 2015, 16:15 (3162 days ago)

So the Black Spindle secret mission got me thinking about other hidden secrets hidden throughout the game. One of the most glaringly obvious comes from a find, and carefully placed dialogue from Cayde:

[image]

I started keeping my eye open throughout the Cayde's Stash mission, and have managed to find three cards so far (two Jacks and a Queen, all Spades). It reminds me of the seven Coins hidden throughout the tower, and how a player was rewarded for finding them all.

It's odd that there are duplicates, but there is probably a whole set out there.

Also, when you get into his secret room, he points out that he has stored exotics there. I also noticed that you can skip large chunks of the level through carefully timed jumps. What if you can reach the hidden room quickly, similar to the Black Spindle mission?

"You gotta know where to look."

It may need to be the daily heroic mission

by Kahzgul, Thursday, September 24, 2015, 16:23 (3162 days ago) @ Korny

- No text -

Cayde's Deck (or the hunt for The Ace of Spades).

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Thursday, September 24, 2015, 16:42 (3162 days ago) @ Korny

It reminds me of the seven Coins hidden throughout the tower, and how a player was rewarded for finding them all.

Wait, what? How have I never heard about this? What do you get?

As to the rest of your post, I've often wondered about the room you enter as you pass through the vault door that has been blasted open. It is a large square room with a catwalk on the right side that leads to an exit. But directly across from the entrance there appears to be a hole in the wall. There is some rubble in the water that looks like it could be used as a stepping stone. It might be nothing, or it might be a little room with a new ghost... or maybe something more?

by ChrisTheeCrappy, Thursday, September 24, 2015, 16:46 (3162 days ago) @ Korny

Really kick ass find Korny!

Do you think a full deck, as in 1-A or just the face cards?

by ChrisTheeCrappy, Thursday, September 24, 2015, 16:47 (3162 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

It was the first person who POSTED about it somewhere got something from Bungie.

I was trying to get over there the other day, thinking a Ghost or something had to be in there. Will have to search when it's the daily.

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Thursday, September 24, 2015, 20:56 (3162 days ago) @ ChrisTheeCrappy

You can get over tgere by jumping on the rubble, but I found nothing of interest.

I was killed by the Ace of Spades in Crucible

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, September 25, 2015, 13:48 (3161 days ago) @ Korny

It's available now somehow.

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Friday, September 25, 2015, 14:05 (3161 days ago) @ Cody Miller

It's available now somehow.

It's a Hunter-exclusive quest from the Gunsmith, but you need to be rank 3 with him.

Warlocks get an exotic Scout Rifle, and the Titans get an Auto Rifle.

I wonder if this is a way for the other classes to get one, or a different, similarly-themed exotic...

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Friday, September 25, 2015, 14:05 (3161 days ago) @ Cody Miller

It's the second part of the Hunter-specific weapons quests. Word of advice: Hold on to those blue and purple hand-cannons. It's a fun weapon, but I think I already like Hawkmoon better.

-Disciple

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, September 25, 2015, 14:44 (3161 days ago) @ DiscipleN2k

It's the second part of the Hunter-specific weapons quests. Word of advice: Hold on to those blue and purple hand-cannons. It's a fun weapon, but I think I already like Hawkmoon better.

-Disciple

Good thing I have every legendary hand cannon ever in my vault! Except lord high fixer.

Got mine yesterday

by Kahzgul, Friday, September 25, 2015, 15:14 (3161 days ago) @ Cody Miller

For PvP Hawkmoon is still better (though I've been loving the new SUROS).

For PvE, however... holy crap is that "ace in the hole" perk amazeballs. Every precision kill moves a bullet from your reserve into the chamber. It's insane. This is my new go-to gun for PvE activities.

Can someone with a fully upgraded AoS shoot the cards?

by Pyromancy @, discovering fire every week, Saturday, September 26, 2015, 19:51 (3160 days ago) @ Kahzgul

Ive been wondering if the Firefly or Ace in the Hole upgrades are somehow key, but since AoS is Hunter specific it wouldn't be fair to the other classes...?
Could Firefly light the card on fire? Ive been upgrading a different gun with Firefly on it to experiment.
Could this be a thing that requires a full fireteam? The elevator to get the the top has 3 separately operating stalls with 3 different doors...

Do all 3 stalls work?

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Saturday, September 26, 2015, 19:56 (3160 days ago) @ Pyromancy

I've only ever used the middle one, for some reason.

They all work

by Pyromancy @, discovering fire every week, Saturday, September 26, 2015, 19:58 (3160 days ago) @ ZackDark

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread