Sealing the Blade *Video* [Quest spoilers] (Destiny)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Saturday, October 03, 2015, 14:09 (3121 days ago)

So I managed to finish off the Exotic Sword quest with a group of matchmade randoms. The final step in the quest is to play a special version of the Sunless Cell strike. The strike gets bumped up to a super high difficulty (might have been level 300, if my memory is correct). Lots of majors and elemental shields across all encounters. The good news is the strike is tough, but loads of fun too. Plenty of different shield types within each fight, so you need to be smart and coordinate various weapons/supers with your fireteam.

The real meat of this quest mission comes at the end, during the fight against the Darkblade. Over the course of the battle, 3 major knights will enter the arena. Each knight has a unique name and a different elemental shield: 1 void, 1 solar, 1 arc. You will need to focus your attention on 1 of these knights, based on the sword you are trying to unlock. If you are going for the void sword, the quest hinges on the void-shielded knight, for example.

The quest requires you to kill the Knight that matches the element of your sword AND the Darkblade within 30 seconds of each other. It's simpler than it sounds. You can kill the knights that don't effect your quest at any time just to get them out of the way. From there, wear down the Darkblade until he has a sliver of health left. As you can imagine, things get tricky when you have people in your fireteam who are working on different sword quests!

Here's a video of my fireteam pulling it off last night. I got lucky and was matched with players who were also working towards the Void sword. No voice chat, but we coordinated well together and achieved our goal without too much trouble. My personal highlight is when we get the Darkblade down to a sliver of health: I find the void knight, pop my Celestial Nighthawk golden gun, line up my shot, and nail the thrall standing next to him -____-

It's a fun fight, for sure!

Probably some of the most fun I've personally had.

by LostSpartan, Saturday, October 03, 2015, 14:41 (3121 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

I absolutely loved going through this version of the strike to help my friend get his sword. So many hilarious instances occurred when we went through it, such as a botched invis run through the Shrieker room or the arc knight having a personal vendetta against our other friend on the fireteam just to name a few :)

Sealing the Blade *Video* [Quest spoilers]

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Saturday, October 03, 2015, 14:46 (3121 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

To be fair, that Thrall had it comin' :p

Yeah, I really enjoyed that quest. It's got some tough moments but they're more like Halo 1 Legendary tough where things are stacked against you but good play and teamwork lets you still feel powerful. Plus it made the section in the dark all the more frantic. It's always great fun when everyone turns on the boss with their swords and for a few moments Destiny looks like it's turned into Star Wars! :)

Can you say "overkill"? :D

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Saturday, October 03, 2015, 19:01 (3121 days ago) @ Ragashingo

To be fair, that Thrall had it comin' :p

I had a good laugh :) At least I hit something lol

Yeah, I really enjoyed that quest. It's got some tough moments but they're more like Halo 1 Legendary tough where things are stacked against you but good play and teamwork lets you still feel powerful. Plus it made the section in the dark all the more frantic. It's always great fun when everyone turns on the boss with their swords and for a few moments Destiny looks like it's turned into Star Wars! :)

YES! I've had similar thoughts a few times over the past couple weeks, when a bunch of swords come out of nowhere and Guardians are hacking and slashing everything around. I'm like "I don't know what game this is, but I LOVE IT!"

Congrats, glad you got it done! =)

by slycrel ⌂, Saturday, October 03, 2015, 16:20 (3121 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

- No text -

Thanks!

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Saturday, October 03, 2015, 19:03 (3121 days ago) @ slycrel

Sorry I missed our tentative meetup time. I fell asleep while putting my daughter to bed, didn't wake up until almost 1am. Then proceeded to play Destiny until 4:30am. Then went back to sleep, woke up again at 7:30.

Work has been fun today ;p

ZzzzzzzzZzzzzzzzzzZzzzZzzzzzzzZzzzzZZzzZzZzzzzz

Thanks!

by slycrel ⌂, Saturday, October 03, 2015, 20:15 (3121 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

No worries, I wasn't around either at that time. I had assumed you showed up and did it without me. I feel less bad now. Thanks for the video, very entertaining. =)

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread