Oh FFS, forgot to place my arms day orders last night (Destiny)

by kornman00, Sunday, October 04, 2015, 11:01 (3098 days ago)

If there's one thing I fucking hate in TTK, it's the way arms day ordering works. There's an unsurfaced cutoff (same time as Xur) and the things take up a weapon spot until the next Wednesday.

I wouldn't care about the first part if the latter part wasn't a thing. Instead I have to optimize my gear slots by placing orders before Saturday ends. I don't understand why this was thought to be a good idea. Unless throwing the orders in the inventory didn't allow them to clamp order stacking or whatever. Still doesn't explain not reminding the player 'hey, you can order stuff...place em today or curse our names tomorrow!'

Welp, missed my chance to get the highest impact purple sniper...instead I was raiding and got a freaking raid fusion rifle. I hate fusion rifles.

/rant

I must play wrong.

by cheapLEY @, Sunday, October 04, 2015, 13:46 (3097 days ago) @ kornman00

Like, way, way wrong.

This has never ever been an issue for me. I never have more than like 4 slots taken in any weapon class. My vault isn't full (not even close).

I just feel like I'm doing something way different from everyone else. I try a weapon; if I don't like it, or if I know I won't use it, I just get rid of it.

Also, I think it's very intentional that it's somewhat inconvenient to hold onto the armsday order package for a few days. It's the tradeoff for getting basically free (and actually good) legendaries every week.

What I do

by kornman00, Sunday, October 04, 2015, 14:16 (3097 days ago) @ cheapLEY

* I keep my old year one exotics that I have leveled up
* I keep my old year one raid gear...well one set anyway, if they have raid related perks
* I keep blues that are 280+ since legendary drops can be below this point
* I don't always finish the gunsmith test weapons at once
* I only decrypt engrams on one character at a time (switching when I level up) so those stack pretty fast when I'm not on that character
* oh and I keep most of my hand cannons, no matter the year, because they're my fav weapon

So yeah, don't always have room or it's a pain to keep cycling shit around.

What I do

by cheapLEY @, Sunday, October 04, 2015, 14:57 (3097 days ago) @ kornman00

That just sounds like a pain.

I mean, I get that folks are different. I got rid of most of my Year 1 Exotics, because why keep them? They're available if I ever really want to use them again.

The only Year 1 Raid gear I kept was Fatebringer and Found Verdict. Because again, why bother having it all? It's not doing me any good sitting in the vault.

I'm not judging or talking shit or whatever, I just personally don't get it. If it's not something I'll use, then I delete it. I'll never use the raid gear again. I kept Fatebringer and Found Verdict just because of nostalgia, and it might be fun to pull them back out during VoG at some point. I know the argument can be made for all the Y1 weapons, but at some point you have to make choices. You can't keep everything.

I do keep above 280 weapons to use on my alts when I start playing them, but I also have no problem getting rid of a few if I really need room for something.

What I do

by Claude Errera @, Sunday, October 04, 2015, 15:29 (3097 days ago) @ cheapLEY

That just sounds like a pain.

I mean, I get that folks are different. I got rid of most of my Year 1 Exotics, because why keep them? They're available if I ever really want to use them again.

The only Year 1 Raid gear I kept was Fatebringer and Found Verdict. Because again, why bother having it all? It's not doing me any good sitting in the vault.

I'm not judging or talking shit or whatever, I just personally don't get it. If it's not something I'll use, then I delete it. I'll never use the raid gear again. I kept Fatebringer and Found Verdict just because of nostalgia, and it might be fun to pull them back out during VoG at some point. I know the argument can be made for all the Y1 weapons, but at some point you have to make choices. You can't keep everything.

I do keep above 280 weapons to use on my alts when I start playing them, but I also have no problem getting rid of a few if I really need room for something.

I was happy I had extra stuff lying around in the vault when the Gunsmith quests came along. In fact, I'm low enough on vault stuff that running those same quests on alts is going to be a hassle.

What I do

by cheapLEY @, Sunday, October 04, 2015, 15:38 (3097 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Yeah that's the problem I'm running into right now. I have no Fusion Rifles. ):

Note that legendaries count much more than rares for this.

by slycrel ⌂, Monday, October 05, 2015, 00:20 (3097 days ago) @ cheapLEY

- No text -

Not all Y1s are in Y2 and they need to be lvl' up if bought

by kornman00, Sunday, October 04, 2015, 17:07 (3097 days ago) @ cheapLEY

- No text -

Not all Y1s are in Y2 and they need to be lvl' up if bought

by cheapLEY @, Sunday, October 04, 2015, 17:26 (3097 days ago) @ kornman00

Well, yeah, obviously.

But how often are you going to go back and use Y1 exotics? They're useless for any new content, so unless you're doing vanilla activities, you probably won't be using them.

Year 1 exotics work just fine in the Crucible

by Anton P. Nym (aka Steve) ⌂ @, London, Ontario, Canada, Sunday, October 04, 2015, 23:30 (3097 days ago) @ cheapLEY

- No text -

Year 1 exotics work just fine in the Crucible

by cheapLEY @, Monday, October 05, 2015, 12:12 (3097 days ago) @ Anton P. Nym (aka Steve)

Heh, yeah I did forget about that. I rarely play Crucible (my highest character is only Rank 2), so I always sort of forget about it when talking about gear choices. I don't have a set of "crucible gear" because I don't play it enough for it to matter. I just roll in with whatever I have.

But I do play :p

by kornman00, Monday, October 05, 2015, 20:23 (3096 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Which is another reason I keep the leveled exotics on hand, along with hand cannons and select few Y1 weapons

What I do

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Sunday, October 04, 2015, 16:35 (3097 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I keep a mix of special and heavy weapons so I can switch out as needed for the appropriate burn or combat situation. In my special slot I keep three snipers plus three close range weapons (Sidearms, shotguns, or fusion rifles) for example. Same with Rockets/Machine Guns.

That's exactly what I do

by R41, Sunday, October 04, 2015, 17:59 (3097 days ago) @ cheapLEY

- No text -

Oh FFS, forgot to place my arms day orders last night

by marmot 1333 @, Sunday, October 04, 2015, 14:05 (3097 days ago) @ kornman00

My wifi went down last night and I missed out on the weapons too :(

Oh FFS, forgot to place my arms day orders last night

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Sunday, October 04, 2015, 18:37 (3097 days ago) @ kornman00

Is there some advantage in ordering later in the week? I usually just place my orders on Wednesday or whenever.

Keeping inventory clear

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Sunday, October 04, 2015, 18:39 (3097 days ago) @ Ragashingo

- No text -

Do you use an item manager?

by petetheduck, Sunday, October 04, 2015, 23:06 (3097 days ago) @ kornman00

Using an item manager while you play, or at least for the first few minutes while you're going to orbit and getting started on your activity for the evening, may resolve your inventory issue, as the ease of swapping weapons around is incredible. There's no reason you would need 9 different weapons in a single slot for a single activity..

Do you use an item manager?

by cheapLEY @, Monday, October 05, 2015, 12:17 (3097 days ago) @ petetheduck

Using an item manager while you play, or at least for the first few minutes while you're going to orbit and getting started on your activity for the evening, may resolve your inventory issue, as the ease of swapping weapons around is incredible. There's no reason you would need 9 different weapons in a single slot for a single activity..

I'll admit that I never really got this, either.

I understand folks' thinking in carrying one of every element on every weapon, but really? Every time you run into a solar shield, you stop and switch to a solar sniper or shotgun? It's probably just as fast to just power through it with whatever you're already using, than it is to find a safe spot to open your inventory and switch weapons.

I do use and item manager, and I just try to plan my weapon choices before the activity. If I'm going into a place where I know there will be a lot of Vex Minotaurs, I'll switch so I have at least one Void Weapon. If I know there will be Fallen Captains, Arc. Hive Wizards, Solar.

Otherwise, I just try to make sure that my special and heavy weapons have different elements, that way I'm covered for most situations.

Not ranting but...

by slycrel ⌂, Monday, October 05, 2015, 00:21 (3097 days ago) @ kornman00

...I played for about an hour saturday, didn't even think about this. Previously I played on thursday (raiding) and fully intended to place my orders friday or saturday. I just forgot.

I hit rank 4 as well, so at the least that's 12 marks I'm missing out on. Ah well, easy come easy go.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread