Exotic Sword quests (Destiny)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Sunday, October 04, 2015, 17:01 (3116 days ago)

So, apparently according to reddit, you can get all three at once by transferring 2 other swords from your alt characters to your main after you beat the crucible portion of the quest for the first time. Shaxx will then give you the next step of the quest for the other two swords. You can conceivably finish all three with one run of the strike.

1. Bypasses hadium flake grinding.
2. Bypasses kill grinding
3. No downside!

That's my plan. Anybody else want to hold out with me until all three swords are ready?

Exotic Sword quests

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Sunday, October 04, 2015, 20:10 (3116 days ago) @ Cody Miller

So, apparently according to reddit, you can get all three at once by transferring 2 other swords from your alt characters to your main after you beat the crucible portion of the quest for the first time. Shaxx will then give you the next step of the quest for the other two swords. You can conceivably finish all three with one run of the strike.

1. Bypasses hadium flake grinding.
2. Bypasses kill grinding
3. No downside!

That's my plan. Anybody else want to hold out with me until all three swords are ready?

You still have to get the Hadium Flakes (since you don't get the legendary swords until you have them). The only step you really get to skip on the 2nd and 3rd swords is the 25 crucible kills and 50 major kills. Still worth it though.

You don't even have to wait to skip those steps

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Sunday, October 04, 2015, 21:40 (3116 days ago) @ Cody Miller

And, quite honestly, doing the very last step with all 3 swords is insanity. The hell with that Solar Knight...

by cheapLEY @, Sunday, October 04, 2015, 22:02 (3116 days ago) @ ZackDark

Do regular Fireteam rules apply? If so, get three people with three different swords, have them each focus on their own Knight.

I've not done it, so I don't know how hard they are to kill, but it seems possible.

If you get credit for Fireteam kills like normal, you should get credit for all three knight kills.

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Sunday, October 04, 2015, 22:39 (3116 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Do regular Fireteam rules apply? If so, get three people with three different swords, have them each focus on their own Knight.

I've not done it, so I don't know how hard they are to kill, but it seems possible.

If you get credit for Fireteam kills like normal, you should get credit for all three knight kills.

Two problems:

1. The Knights aren't very hard to kill and you need to keep them alive until just before you kill the boss.
2. Two of the Knights have ranged attacks (one has a boomer, the other can do that lingering fire spitting attack that the Taken Knights can do).

If everyone is going for the same color sword you just kill the other two Knights and the Strike is not all that much harder than normal. But if you needed all three?! You'd be constantly having to avoid the big guy with the ax, and the sword Knight, and the boomer knight, and the flame knight + all the Thrall and Cursed Thrall! I'd probably rather run it three times focusing, one for each color, than try it once for all three.

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Monday, October 05, 2015, 00:28 (3116 days ago) @ Ragashingo

But if you needed all three?! You'd be constantly having to avoid the big guy with the ax, and the sword Knight, and the boomer knight, and the flame knight + all the Thrall and Cursed Thrall! I'd probably rather run it three times focusing, one for each color, than try it once for all three.

Did this the other night with a couple of randos, but only needed two: void and solar. Seriously, that Solar Knight can go right to Hell. It took us at least 5 attempts and we were just about to say screw it and make it two separate runs, but we finally got it. I can't even begin to imagine leaving all three of them alive.

-Disciple

I actually praise RNGesus when he spits fire

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Monday, October 05, 2015, 15:28 (3116 days ago) @ DiscipleN2k

Any second he isn't booming us is a second of peace.

Seriously, he's almost as bad as H2 Jackals once he sets his aim on you...

by SIX min WHISTLE @, Michigan, Monday, October 05, 2015, 00:24 (3116 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I did exactly this with LFG randoms. It is a bitch, but doable. We just had three different swords though. Didn't know about the time saver.

Exotic Sword quests

by bluerunner @, Music City, Sunday, October 04, 2015, 21:48 (3116 days ago) @ Cody Miller

That's been my plan all along. I just need to level up my void sword to get them started.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread