So... mayhem. (Destiny)

by slycrel ⌂, Monday, October 05, 2015, 00:32 (3124 days ago)

I think most people are doing it wrong.

In the same way that trials is very different than regular crucible, so is mayhem.

Having it be the marks rotation for the week I got a chance to play 6-7 rounds this week. It was enlightening.

It reminded me that the really good players in trials don't even look at you half the time before you're dead. They know where you'll be and, with the motion tracker, where you are hiding.

For mayhem, I found that when you ran in a pack of 3-4 then you'd consistently win (unless you ran into a hammer titan, then they'd pretty much wipe out the pack). I was on both sides of this. Teamwork wins matches. Consistently.

It's a bit of a twitch-fest, but it's definitely growing on me. And it's definitely got some strategy to it, moreso than "spam super/grenades". I mean, that helps, but it could be so much better if you coordinated a little.

Next time I run in a group of 3 or more I'd like to try out the sunsinger super that recharges teammates supers. Would be an orb-fest of epic proportions.

So... mayhem.

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Monday, October 05, 2015, 00:48 (3124 days ago) @ slycrel

Pretty sure the Sunsinger's Song of Flames only affects the grenade and melee cooldowns, unfortunately.

So... mayhem.

by slycrel ⌂, Monday, October 05, 2015, 03:42 (3124 days ago) @ Ragashingo

Well that's lame. The tooltip reads:

Song of Flame
While active, Radiance reduces all cooldowns for nearby allies.

If it doesn't work for supers no wonder it never gets used.

Stacks with Hammerbro "faster grenades with full super" perk

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Monday, October 05, 2015, 15:48 (3124 days ago) @ slycrel

The Undying Mind never saw what was coming.

It could, theoretically, create a no-man zone quite easily in Mayhem.

Simmering Flames

by marmot 1333 @, Monday, October 05, 2015, 16:53 (3124 days ago) @ ZackDark

I love it.

If enough Hammerbros pledge to use that...

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Monday, October 05, 2015, 17:01 (3124 days ago) @ marmot 1333

I'd gladly run Song of Flames Sunsinger with them. I wonder how fast we can make a "the floor is lava" situation.

So... mayhem.

by bluerunner @, Music City, Monday, October 05, 2015, 00:49 (3124 days ago) @ slycrel

It made finishing the Jolly Holiday crucible quest pretty quick and easy, especially running as a gunslinger with two 30 second trip mines that recharge really fast. I just sat in the back and lobbed grenades and golden gun shots until it was complete. I knocked out 35% of it in one game. It also made the kills with a shotgun portion easy since ammo regens quickly. I knocked that portion out in 3 games. I hope they bring it back soon because I'm about to start my exotic sword quests and the quick ammo drops would definitely help.

So... mayhem.

by TheeChaos @, Monday, October 05, 2015, 07:44 (3124 days ago) @ slycrel

Mayhem holds up to its name. At first it was very frustrating because the whole idea of crucible is "Stay alive and kill things". Once you get past that and enjoy it for what it is, its very fun.

Also a great place to farm your Void/Arc/Solar kills for the sword bounty.

I thought I'd hate it

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Monday, October 05, 2015, 14:59 (3124 days ago) @ slycrel

But I got a Mark of the Unbroken the other night. As a Striker.

Even when I'm on a losing team, I had a lot of fun wasting my Super to Survive Rockets or Sticky Grenades (and to upset Sunbteakers :p). Plus Lightning Grenades everwhere.

I thought I'd hate it

by marmot 1333 @, Monday, October 05, 2015, 15:39 (3124 days ago) @ someotherguy

Man.. each of your posts lately has at least one great typo and it's like a game to see if I can find it each time.

Sorry :(

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Monday, October 05, 2015, 15:54 (3124 days ago) @ marmot 1333

I usually post from work, on a touchscreen. I should really proof them better before I post but I'm usually in a rush to put my phone away before I get caught ^_^

Related: You people are bad for productivity :p

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread