So, those colony ships are pretty cool. (Destiny)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Monday, October 05, 2015, 04:58 (3125 days ago)

I happened to be fighting my way up to drive off an Echo of Oryx from inside the upper sphere of a colony ship the other day and a couple of things happened.

1. I found a Ghost. :)

2: I stumbled upon a scannable object I hadn't noticed before.[image] Scan the pod along the back of the sphere (directly behind Oryx) and you get this message. If Ghosts were created when the Traveler "died" then there could be a Guardian centuries old... I guess? Or could this be an easter egg referencing a powerful warrior asleep in his cryo tube?

2. There are hundreds of pods visible! [image]Combining the three passenger spheres and each colony ship might have transported a thousand people to a new world complete with a massive amount of cargo and giant cargo shuttles. The shear scale is impressive as is the thought to come up with such a cool arrangement.

Excellent job, Bungie! :)

So, those colony ships are pretty cool.

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Monday, October 05, 2015, 11:32 (3125 days ago) @ Ragashingo

2: I stumbled upon a scannable object I hadn't noticed before.[image] Scan the pod along the back of the sphere (directly behind Oryx) and you get this message. If Ghosts were created when the Traveler "died" then there could be a Guardian centuries old... I guess? Or could this be an easter egg referencing a powerful warrior asleep in his cryo tube?

Pretty sure it's a reference to the Master Chief.

So, those colony ships are pretty cool.

by CommandrCleavage @, USA-Midwest, Monday, October 05, 2015, 12:21 (3125 days ago) @ Ragashingo

Rev and I found this last night when we were finishing up the campaign. We took it to mean those are some sort of guardian 'coffins' lining the walls in there, or some sort of final resting pod.

I love that it might be referencing MC though.

CC

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread