Staring at the Sun: "Strategic Retreat" (Fan Creations)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Monday, October 19, 2015, 14:54 (3105 days ago)

[image]

LOL

by Anton P. Nym (aka Steve) ⌂ @, London, Ontario, Canada, Monday, October 19, 2015, 15:07 (3105 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

- No text -

Staring at the Sun: "Strategic Retreat"

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Monday, October 19, 2015, 16:15 (3105 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Man, all this sun breaker is OP talk is making me feel pathetic given how few people I kill with it.

+1

by Claude Errera @, Monday, October 19, 2015, 16:26 (3105 days ago) @ Vortech

- No text -

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Monday, October 19, 2015, 16:29 (3105 days ago) @ Vortech

Man, all this sun breaker is OP talk is making me feel pathetic given how few people I kill with it.

Ditto, and I even have those gauntlets (immolation fists) that grant Explosive Pyre, so I have tracking & explosive hammers & I still am lucky to get mote than 1-2 kills.

by CougRon, Auburn, WA, USA, Monday, October 19, 2015, 17:59 (3105 days ago) @ dogcow

I've had a few moments but nothing as 'overpowered' as everyone claims. Enough to get me from 6th on the team to 5th or maybe even 4th.

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Monday, October 19, 2015, 18:04 (3105 days ago) @ CougRon

I've had a few moments but nothing as 'overpowered' as everyone claims. Enough to get me from 6th on the team to 5th or maybe even 4th.

Far as I can tell, it rewards being far more aggressive than most of us have trained ourselves to be. You need to rush in to a crowd, spamming that hammer throw. The hammers have so much splash damage that you don't need to hit anywhere close to a target to kill them, and the faster you score your kills the more frequently you'll get your shields back.

+1

by slycrel ⌂, Monday, October 19, 2015, 18:55 (3105 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

I've used Sunbreaker on my titan in PvP for 2 matches total, used the super 3 times. My 2nd time, with most of the class still locked, I killed 4 enemies, one around a corner. I think I killed 2 both the other times, but mostly because I couldn't find anyone, they all ran away. :D

Usually I'm receiving it on the warlock end. Wish I would have gotten a video of the hammer brother playing on the dungeon, standing in the big open space. He popped his super, I was across the room, with him facing my right. I started shooting thinking I had the advantage with 2 other teammates there. He threw 3 hammers and killed 2 guys, one to my hard right, then one to my hard left, before he turned to me and casually hammered me down. I went through a clip and a half with my red death, still didn't kill him.

Hard to judge for sure, but feels a bit OP from over here.

The real problem with sunbreakers?

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Monday, October 19, 2015, 19:32 (3105 days ago) @ slycrel

When you use something like Red Death or Suros and you take damage during health regeneration what happens? On the Sunbreaker it feels like you are basically invulnerable while the bar is still filling back up. If taking additional damage cut the regen short or it acted as if you were immediately healed instead of a delay while it refills I think maybe people wouldn't find the Sunbreaker as OP?

by Claude Errera @, Monday, October 19, 2015, 19:34 (3105 days ago) @ Blackt1g3r

On the Sunbreaker it feels like you are basically invulnerable while the bar is still filling back up.

Yeah... so I wish I recorded gameplay so I could make a montage of my deaths as a Sunbreaker. :)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Monday, October 19, 2015, 19:38 (3105 days ago) @ Claude Errera

On the Sunbreaker it feels like you are basically invulnerable while the bar is still filling back up.

Yeah... so I wish I recorded gameplay so I could make a montage of my deaths as a Sunbreaker. :)

I actually wonder if this specific aspect of the Sunbreaker is a bit buggy. I've seen clear examples of both; Sunbreakers who's health continues to recharge despite taking constant fire, and other examples where incoming fire halts and overpowers the recharge.

Bugs

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Monday, October 19, 2015, 19:51 (3105 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

If that's buggy, that might explain a lot of the dichotomy I'm seeing between all the Sunbreaker hate and the people who play Sunbreaker who never seem to get more than 1 or 2 kills per super.

Bugs and lag. Lag and bugs. Destiny as usual, folks

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Monday, October 19, 2015, 20:01 (3105 days ago) @ Blackt1g3r

;)

But seriously, I have grown into believing most of the really broken shit I see going on in the Crucible is due to lag. It helped to ease the pain.

Bugs and lag. Lag and bugs. Destiny as usual, folks

by Kahzgul, Tuesday, October 20, 2015, 16:21 (3104 days ago) @ ZackDark

;)

But seriously, I have grown into believing most of the really broken shit I see going on in the Crucible is due to lag. It helped to ease the pain.

Yeah, the lag remains an issue. It's better than it was pre-2.0, but the game still lets individual clients dictate where they are and who they hit when shooting rather than rectifying host-side, keeping lag-switching as a viable cheat. Changing the code to handle all collisions by a single host would eliminate lag-switching by everyone except the host, and it would be easy for the game to see that the host frequently lagged and to just stop letting that person host.

Are your perks correct? Because no other super can do this

by Earendil, Monday, October 19, 2015, 18:09 (3105 days ago) @ Vortech

4 body shots from a 310 Hereafter? My Light level was 300, I don't know what his was:
http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Finwe%20of%20Noldor/video/12283182
(Yes, I suck at sniping)

How about a sticky grenade to the face when the shields are gone?
http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Finwe%20of%20Noldor/video/12347003
Did that even scratch him?

Compare that to a golden gun with full shields, the poor bastard.
http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Finwe%20of%20Noldor/video/12347043

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Monday, October 19, 2015, 18:15 (3105 days ago) @ Earendil

Compare that to a golden gun with full shields, the poor bastard.
http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Finwe%20of%20Noldor/video/12347043

LOL!

Nicely done :)

by TheeChaos @, Monday, October 19, 2015, 18:19 (3105 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

to be fair, the sticky grenades for some reason dont do as much damage if you die before they go off. I have been stucky many times, without super, and survived so long as they die before it goes off.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread