Bungie Weekly Update -- November 25th 2015 (Destiny)

by UnrealCh13f @, San Luis Obispo, CA, Wednesday, November 25, 2015, 16:34 (3067 days ago)

"apologies in advance to those that run the single pool"

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Wednesday, November 25, 2015, 16:41 (3067 days ago) @ UnrealCh13f

Maybe have to beat Golgoroth without losing gaze a single time?

Rewards Prediction

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Wednesday, November 25, 2015, 17:28 (3067 days ago) @ Xenos

1 calcified fragment each for Warpriest, Golgoroth, and Daughters.

Oryx kil will start a quest rewarding an exotic, which will require all 50 fragments.

by cheapLEY @, Wednesday, November 25, 2015, 17:28 (3067 days ago) @ Xenos

Is it possible to down him in one round? Use all six pools, one right after the other?

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Wednesday, November 25, 2015, 17:29 (3067 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Is it possible to down him in one round? Use all six pools, one right after the other?

And 4 black spindles.

by Funkmon @, Wednesday, November 25, 2015, 17:37 (3067 days ago) @ cheapLEY

It would be exceptionally difficult. The timing would have to be perfect.

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Wednesday, November 25, 2015, 17:42 (3067 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I would assume so, we usually beat him in 3-4 rounds of single gaze, so I would imagine you can beat him in six pools if you time it right.

Yep

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Wednesday, November 25, 2015, 17:47 (3067 days ago) @ Xenos

Might be tight, though, since stringing gazes carry a bit of an overhead on DPS, because of the switching of roles.

+1

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Wednesday, November 25, 2015, 17:49 (3067 days ago) @ Xenos

- No text -

On Map inequality.

by TheeChaos @, Wednesday, November 25, 2015, 16:59 (3067 days ago) @ UnrealCh13f
edited by TheeChaos, Wednesday, November 25, 2015, 17:05

Even though the numbers show it really didn't matter, Rusted lands was completely unbalanced in Terms of the spawn point of the Zone. If you spawn by the water, and are a super hard core camper, you had a good advantage. I think a better place to put the zone would have been in the special tunnel. Equal chance to get wrecked for both teams.

On Map inequality.

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Wednesday, November 25, 2015, 17:15 (3067 days ago) @ TheeChaos

Even though the numbers show it really didn't matter, Rusted lands was completely unbalanced in Terms of the spawn point of the Zone. If you spawn by the water, and are a super hard core camper, you had a good advantage. I think a better place to put the zone would have been in the special tunnel. Equal chance to get wrecked for both teams.

I think the capture point was perfectly placed, because it helped nudge the balance back towards neutral. The team spawning on Alpha side had favourable positioning. Placing the capture point at B prevented teams from setting up camp at A and just waiting there.

On Map inequality.

by TheeChaos @, Wednesday, November 25, 2015, 17:35 (3067 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

I see what you are saying. And there were matches when my team felt pressured to push into the zone from A because of the timer getting low. It was a good idea. Even though A was the better spawn for the map, having the zone where it did gave the Water spawn a more overall advantage, assuming they were camping. I really hope that map never comes back. I found a few invisible walls when sniping that got really annoying and cost us a few rounds.

On Map inequality.

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Wednesday, November 25, 2015, 19:31 (3067 days ago) @ TheeChaos

It's always fun when people deny the numbers. 'Course, I'm gearing up to do some number denying of my own next week when Bungie inevitably rolls out statistics showing Sunbreakers are underpowered and Ward of Dawn results in more kills than all other Supers combined. Times two.

On Map inequality.

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Wednesday, November 25, 2015, 19:54 (3067 days ago) @ Ragashingo

It's always fun when people deny the numbers. 'Course, I'm gearing up to do some number denying of my own next week when Bungie inevitably rolls out statistics showing Sunbreakers are underpowered and Ward of Dawn results in more kills than all other Supers combined. Times two.

I've recently found the joy of Blessing of Light and Force Barrier + No Backup Plans, a good Shotty, & a Monte Carlo. Don't scare me by telling me this will be nerfed.

Go ahead & nerf the blast radius of those hammers, but please buff the other aspects of the class. Also, why can't Titans blink? c'mon!

On Map inequality.

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Wednesday, November 25, 2015, 20:16 (3067 days ago) @ dogcow

...Also, why can't Titans blink?

They are too dumb to realize that blinking helps the eyes keep moisturized?

^ Win.

by Earendil, Wednesday, November 25, 2015, 20:27 (3067 days ago) @ unoudid

- No text -

:-D

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Wednesday, November 25, 2015, 20:34 (3067 days ago) @ unoudid

As a titan I should be offended, but that was pretty funny.

On Map inequality.

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Wednesday, November 25, 2015, 20:06 (3067 days ago) @ TheeChaos

A quarter of a percent difference. Pretty dang close. You'd be hard-pressed to get balance much closer than that. Those #'s along with people's opinions on one spawn being superior show me that there is a minor benefit to one spawn over the other, but that benefit is pretty dang insignificant.

I wish Bungie would share even more numbers like this. It'd be awesome if they exposed the real-time stats that they have at their fingertips.

On Map inequality.

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Wednesday, November 25, 2015, 20:20 (3067 days ago) @ dogcow

A quarter of a percent difference. Pretty dang close. You'd be hard-pressed to get balance much closer than that. Those #'s along with people's opinions on one spawn being superior show me that there is a minor benefit to one spawn over the other, but that benefit is pretty dang insignificant.

In this specific case, there is a crucial piece of information that would certainly affect these results: the capture point heavily favored B team. I thought this was done intentionally to overcome the spawn advantage on the Alpha side. Pretty clever, if you ask me ;) But again, if we're just talking about the spawn points alone, I think these numbers are misleading.

Not only that

by Earendil, Wednesday, November 25, 2015, 20:30 (3067 days ago) @ dogcow

Any significance there is there starts to quickly become negated by the fact that players are likely to see equal time on both sides. So you not only need to be unlucky enough to fall into that slight percentage, but you'd have to be one of the unlucky ones that only rolls that side.

Not only that

by TheeChaos @, Thursday, November 26, 2015, 13:51 (3066 days ago) @ Earendil

I feel like I spent more time on the water upper side spawn than the other. There were many back to back to back times were my team got the same spawn. It wasn't really a big deal, I just don't think you will ever see "equal" time on each side.

Easy solution I'm baffled they don't do in the first place.

by BeardFade ⌂, Portland, OR, Thursday, November 26, 2015, 02:20 (3066 days ago) @ TheeChaos

The simplest solution is simply to swap spawns each round. No one could complain they got the bad spawn.

Easy solution I'm baffled they don't do in the first place.

by Funkmon @, Thursday, November 26, 2015, 07:42 (3066 days ago) @ BeardFade

I think they don't do this because it becomes difficult to develop strategies after each round. They want you to learn and change how you do things based on your prior game every time, and swapping spawns will lessen the iterative strategizing.

@Mantis actually tweeted about this yesterday...

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Thursday, November 26, 2015, 15:31 (3066 days ago) @ BeardFade

He said:

We haven't said "no" to spawn-flipping, but instead "not yet."

To which I replied:

May I ask "why not"? Is there something about spawn-flipping that is problematic in other ways? Just curious :)

Haven't heard back as of now.

+1

by R41, Thursday, November 26, 2015, 21:34 (3066 days ago) @ BeardFade

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread