Destiny legendary edition is on sale for $35. (Destiny)

by Funkmon @, Friday, November 27, 2015, 00:05 (3072 days ago)
edited by Funkmon, Friday, November 27, 2015, 00:26

Wal Mart and Tarjay appear to have it for cheap as butts. For those looking to get the expansions for cheap or help friends and wives and husbands and kids and second cousins get into the game at the expense of dignity and a paltry $35, get up early tomorrow and head over to Wal Mart.

EDIT: Microsoft store also has it, but with some kind of $10 gift code thing I don't understand.

Will there be any more paid DLC?

by Decom @, Friday, November 27, 2015, 15:40 (3071 days ago) @ Funkmon

I'm interested in getting Destiny, but not if there's going to be more paid (non-cosmetic) DLC in the future. I haven't really been following Destiny news; has anything been announced regarding paid DLC?

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Friday, November 27, 2015, 15:48 (3071 days ago) @ Decom

I'm interested in getting Destiny, but not if there's going to be more paid (non-cosmetic) DLC in the future. I haven't really been following Destiny news; has anything been announced regarding paid DLC?

Nothing yet. Some people think the introduction of cosmetic microtransactions was so that future DLC will be free, but we don't have an official word either way.

thanks!

by Decom @, Friday, November 27, 2015, 15:54 (3071 days ago) @ Xenos

- No text -

by peaksutah, Friday, November 27, 2015, 22:04 (3071 days ago) @ Xenos

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, November 27, 2015, 22:25 (3071 days ago) @ peaksutah

https://www.bungie.net/ko/Forum/Post/170609862/0/0/1

There goes any justification for the microtransactions.

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Friday, November 27, 2015, 23:33 (3071 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Yeah... You don't have the data to say that for certain. For instance: Was the recent Festival of the Lost paid for by people who bought vanilla Destiny? Or The Taken King? Or was that event funded partially or even completely by micro transactions? Will we possibly get more content in the future that we otherwise would have thanks to the addition of micro transactions?

You. Don't. Know.

Best case, we get big TTK style updates along with more themed events, hidden missions, free Crucible maps, and balance updates than we did in the past. Wouldn't that be worth the addition of micro transactions that don't affect you and you don't have to pay for?

I think it was funded by the IRA.

by Funkmon @, Saturday, November 28, 2015, 07:59 (3071 days ago) @ Ragashingo

- No text -

???

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Saturday, November 28, 2015, 08:20 (3071 days ago) @ Funkmon

- No text -

*shrug*

by Funkmon @, Saturday, November 28, 2015, 08:30 (3071 days ago) @ Ragashingo

- No text -

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Saturday, November 28, 2015, 18:11 (3070 days ago) @ Ragashingo

Yeah... You don't have the data to say that for certain. For instance: Was the recent Festival of the Lost paid for by people who bought vanilla Destiny? Or The Taken King? Or was that event funded partially or even completely by micro transactions? Will we possibly get more content in the future that we otherwise would have thanks to the addition of micro transactions?

You. Don't. Know.

They said Everisverse would pay for activities by the Live team. I recall the Live team being given credit for the Festival of the Lost. Seems straightforward to me. Anyway, I have no official word to base this on but I suspect that the emotes won't pay for TTK scale Expansions. Kinda always thought that sounded unlikely. We'll see.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Saturday, November 28, 2015, 19:35 (3070 days ago) @ Ragashingo

Yeah, because the Festival was substantial content. Not.

Speaking of which

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Saturday, November 28, 2015, 19:38 (3070 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Any word on the Red Bull quest?

Speaking of which

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Saturday, November 28, 2015, 19:42 (3070 days ago) @ ZackDark

Any word on the Red Bull quest?

It's a dumb quest for a sparrow. It's stupid. I never finished.

by cheapLEY @, Saturday, November 28, 2015, 21:24 (3070 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Seriously? You do realize that pretty much everyone loved Festival of the Lost right? Is it substantial? No, I guess not. But I'm personally okay with tossing them a few bucks if we continue to get fun little events like that added to the game, or continued regular weapon balancing, or any number of other small, quality of life improvements.

The world isn't black and white; it doesn't have to be one or the other. They're not wrong in saying that microtransactions and paid DLC can co-exist.

It is one more bullet point against Kotaku, though, and continues to show that they basically just make shit up. I still enjoy reading them, because they provide entertainment, but they're clearly not journalists, despite apparently thinking they're god's gift to the industry. I wonder if Bungie/Activision will blacklist them, now. :P

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Saturday, November 28, 2015, 21:33 (3070 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Being blacklisted by games publishers is to me a badge of honor. Obviously the circumstances warrant differing levels of honor, but the bottom line is that you are actually doing your job instead of just acting as PR for the publisher.

by cheapLEY @, Saturday, November 28, 2015, 22:20 (3070 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Being blacklisted by games publishers is to me a badge of honor. Obviously the circumstances warrant differing levels of honor, but the bottom line is that you are actually doing your job instead of just acting as PR for the publisher.

Oh, I couldn't care less whether Kotaku is blacklisted or not. But that whole story they wrote about it was ridiculous, as if they did some sort of admirable journalistic work, when all they did was publish a leaked script for Fallout 4. It wasn't news that Bethesda was working on Fallout 4; everyone already suspected that was true. Publishing leaked documents was just borderline property theft; it wasn't hard-hitting news. Them acting all self-congratulatory and smug about being blacklisted just makes them look like children. They have right to publish whatever, but Bethesda, in turn, have a right to pretend they don't exist. They can't have it both ways.

Agreed.

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Saturday, November 28, 2015, 22:48 (3070 days ago) @ cheapLEY

- No text -

Agreed. :)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Saturday, November 28, 2015, 23:03 (3070 days ago) @ cheapLEY

- No text -

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Saturday, November 28, 2015, 22:47 (3070 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Talk about shifting the goal posts! Care to explain why you've jumped from there not being "any justification" for micro transaction to dismissing my point by now requiring micro transactions pay for "substantial content"?

Thanks for the link!

by Decom @, Saturday, November 28, 2015, 22:34 (3070 days ago) @ peaksutah

- No text -

Digital edition?

by Monochron, Friday, November 27, 2015, 18:17 (3071 days ago) @ Funkmon

I only saw physical discs for 360 and PS3 marked down to $35. Are there digital versions for the current gen available?

For XBL, yes

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Friday, November 27, 2015, 18:24 (3071 days ago) @ Monochron

Not exactly $35, though

It shows as $40 for the Legendary edition and $50 for the Collector's.

Thanks! Good enough!

by Monochron, Friday, November 27, 2015, 18:51 (3071 days ago) @ ZackDark
edited by Monochron, Friday, November 27, 2015, 18:57

Thanks! I'm trying to go as digital as possible with the One.

I wish I could just do the Digital Download version because i already bought it on 360, but it isn't that bad.

A+ Would pay with Cognitive Dissonance again.

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Saturday, November 28, 2015, 18:07 (3070 days ago) @ Funkmon

EDIT: Microsoft store also has it, but with some kind of $10 gift code thing I don't understand.

Gift code meant Gift Card. I walked in, used Apple Pay on my Apple Watch to buy my Destiny and Gift card for 35 bucks. Noticed all the odd looks from employees and shoppers. Walked out to get Fro-Yo.

Next step will be finding a time to use the TTK code in the box, finding an XBONE Sherpa buddy on DBO, and then selling the disk without codes for whatever I can get for it.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread