Daily Heroic Secrets (Spoilers?) (Destiny)

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Friday, November 27, 2015, 19:30 (3072 days ago)

I'm working as Destiny Wiki editor, and I practically have sole responsibility of transcripts and objectives for each mission. I've heard about Dailys with 5 stars having secrets and such, but I've only experienced one--the Promethean Code. I don't even know what the parameters were for that one. So I wanted to ask you guys to post any secret stuff you know of that happens in the Daily Heroics and/or what I need to do specifically to trigger them. That way I can have the accurate information on the story pages! Thanks in advance!

POST EDIT: Also, if anyone's up for it--I noticed Eris Morn says different stuff in nearly every Strike she's featured in. So I'd also appreciate it if two people can come join a strike with me and explore the dialogue pieces in a controlled environment.

Daily Heroic Secrets (Spoilers?)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Friday, November 27, 2015, 21:16 (3072 days ago) @ Morpheus

I've heard about Dailys with 5 stars having secrets and such,

To my knowledge, this is only conjecture. After the secret ending was discovered in the Lost to Light heroic mission, Destiny players started digging through all of the daily heroics looking for similar hidden endings with bonus objectives. The next one that was uncovered was the alternate ending to the mission "Paradox" which lead to earning No Time to Explain.

At that time, some players (myself included) noticed that the Daily Heroic Mission icon in the director was not always the same. Some missions featured a 5-star logo, while others featured a 1-star logo. Both Lost to Light and Paradox featured the 5-star logo, which is what triggered this theory that all "5-star" daily heroic missions would contain some kind of hidden ending that would lead to a unique exotic weapon.

However, Luke Smith all but confirmed that there wasn't much more to discover in terms of missions with hidden endings. On an episode of the Planet Destiny podcast back in October (about 1 week after the Black Spindle was first discovered), they asked Luke if there were more similar secret mission endings and he said "there's a little bit more... I don't want to oversell it, but there's a little more" (I'm paraphrasing, but his words were pretty close to that). Keep in mind this was before we'd uncovered No Time to Explain.

As far as the 5-star vs 1-star logos go, I've also noticed that all missions with the 5-star logo are primary TTK story missions, while the 1-star missions are taken from side quests. So that's probably all it really means.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread