Crota help (Recruitment)

by General Vagueness @, The Vault of Sass, Saturday, November 28, 2015, 16:37 (3044 days ago)

I've been doing Crota's End solo because I've never done it before and I can't get anyone to help. I've been doing it blind except for some questions and research at one point. I figured out (and cheesed) the lamps and the bridge after them, I jumped the oversoul bridge, I killed the ogres, I got through the shrieker shields, and now I'm at Ir Yût. I figured out what I need to do to get to her, but I'm having trouble surviving well enough and doing enough damage to get to her reliably before the death song starts, and when I do get to her before that I die quickly. I assume I have to kill her to proceed. I don't know any of the steps after that, but judging by how close the rock ball thing is, I think the next one is the final fight.

I would love some help completing the raid, even just one person would make a huge difference right now. I don't mind being told how things work at this point, most of the mechanics in both raids so far have been pretty obvious anyway (I haven't done any TTK stuff yet, no spoilers please).

I'm free all the time right now, except that I might have something going on tonight that would be in the 5:30 to 8:00 PM range (Eastern time), and tomorrow night I'm watching stuff from 9:00 to 12:00 PM. If you see me on, please hit me up.

Crota help

by Funkmon @, Saturday, November 28, 2015, 16:44 (3044 days ago) @ General Vagueness

I seem to remember you NOT wanting help last time we talked! :D.

I'll help you now!

Make an FTB event and I'll RSVP. Otherwise I don't sign on much.

Here is how to solo Ir Yut.

Get a gyllenhaal or Taikonaut Dragon's Breath. Two rockets will kill a wizard, one will kill a shrieker. To be safe using DB, blow three on the wizards. You can stand in the room with the shrieker and not leave if you do it quickly.

Next, get on adds. Prepare a high impact sniper, and when she starts singing, just shoot Ir Yut in the face a bunch.

Crota can also be soloed. This is easiest as a defender titan IMO.

Crota help

by General Vagueness @, The Vault of Sass, Saturday, November 28, 2015, 20:50 (3043 days ago) @ Funkmon

I seem to remember you NOT wanting help last time we talked! :D.

What I said was I wanted to see how far I could get solo, and then I'd see if I could do a blind run. I got to the end of the lamps and hit a wall. I asked for help (and I wasn't picky about it being a blind run) from people I chat with, and people on another site, and I did make an FTB event here, and no one signed up or said they wanted to help. After that I focused on Crucible quests and Halo until a week ago when Xûr sold Don't Touch Me, which I thought would make The Stills a lot easier (it did, and several other parts).

Here is how to solo Ir Yut.

Get a gyllenhaal or Taikonaut Dragon's Breath. Two rockets will kill a wizard, one will kill a shrieker. To be safe using DB, blow three on the wizards. You can stand in the room with the shrieker and not leave if you do it quickly.

Next, get on adds. Prepare a high impact sniper, and when she starts singing, just shoot Ir Yut in the face a bunch.

"Get on adds" is way easier said than done, it takes a quite a few seconds just to take down one knight. That's why the next part is also much easier said than done, I couldn't survive (a lot of the time I couldn't get out of the room before the shrieker death blast or the combined fire of the mob got me, on the first or the second shield).

ZackDark and stabbim helped me earlier and there were connection issues, I just have Crota himself left to deal with.

Anyway here's an event: http://destiny.bungie.org/forum/index.php?mode=fireteambuilder&event=1344

Crota help

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Saturday, November 28, 2015, 22:54 (3043 days ago) @ General Vagueness

"Get on adds" is way easier said than done, it takes a quite a few seconds just to take down one knight. That's why the next part is also much easier said than done, I couldn't survive (a lot of the time I couldn't get out of the room before the shrieker death blast or the combined fire of the mob got me, on the first or the second shield).

Yeah, "get on adds" is a bit of a weird advice, IMO. I just kill the necessary Wizards, the Shriekers and some Acolytes IF I need heavy ammo. I'll just hop around like I have Parkinson's until Ir Yût is killable. Maybe drop a tracking grenade or two while hopping. Then I jump to that place I showed you and blast her.

ZackDark and stabbim helped me earlier and there were connection issues, I just have Crota himself left to deal with.

Yeah, sorry about that... We almost had a good routine set on Crota too before I lagged out.

Haha, you crazy fellow

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Saturday, November 28, 2015, 16:48 (3044 days ago) @ General Vagueness

Yeah, I'll help out. Shoot me a message to remind me, though.

Got it done.

by cheapLEY @, Sunday, November 29, 2015, 01:42 (3043 days ago) @ General Vagueness

Along with a 32 PoE. All in all a fun night. It's been a while since I've laughed that hard, so thanks for that. The Ghost of Lawnmower was a particularly delightful moment.

Been off Destiny for a month now, and tonight was a great re-entry and reminder of just how damn fun this game can be.

Got it done.

by General Vagueness @, The Vault of Sass, Sunday, November 29, 2015, 03:11 (3043 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Along with a 32 PoE. All in all a fun night. It's been a while since I've laughed that hard, so thanks for that. The Ghost of Lawnmower was a particularly delightful moment.

Been off Destiny for a month now, and tonight was a great re-entry and reminder of just how damn fun this game can be.

Thank you for that, and everyone that helped with the raid and the 32 and 34 Prison of Elders. I just made an event for next week to do Skolas, hopefully it's just as fun.

Got it done.

by cheapLEY @, Sunday, November 29, 2015, 03:15 (3043 days ago) @ General Vagueness

You guys got 34 done too, then? That's awesome!

I'm definitely down to do Skolas. I haven't hit him in Year 2 yet, so it should be fun. I think I can do it Wednesday, but I'm not totally sure.

The ghost of lawnmower!

by Funkmon @, Sunday, November 29, 2015, 04:41 (3043 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I think anti noob might have come across him on Lockout back in 2005.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread