A look back to 2013 (Destiny)

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Sunday, November 29, 2015, 16:28 (3068 days ago)

So I recently re-read the Kotaku article about the problems Destiny had mid-development and that prompted me to want to look back to the e3 trailers and vidocs from a few years ago.

It's interesting to look back and see all the small changes knowing what we know now. Some things are recycled, some things completely overhauled and some missing completely.

It's still odd to realize that the Destiny you played a year ago (for better and worse) is gone. It no longer exists.

I enjoyed watching these videos again and spotting all the things that are different, from names to animations. I even saw some loot that was just NOW metered out in the TTK, and there is still loot we haven't gotten yet.

At the same time, I did not enjoy seeing Marty and Joe's appearance in these videos and knowing they aren't part of that team anymore.

Still, looking back on these now I'm optimistic about what their plans are to make the next full release the game they intended to give us a year ago.

Enjoy.

A look back to 2013

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Monday, November 30, 2015, 01:36 (3067 days ago) @ Revenant1988

Jones is named Oryx-BNG? Cute.

I miss year 1 warlock gear, mainly the jackets

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Monday, November 30, 2015, 12:23 (3067 days ago) @ Revenant1988

- No text -

That Dead Orbit duffelcoat <3

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Monday, November 30, 2015, 13:03 (3067 days ago) @ kidtsunami

- No text -

I miss the Hunter helms....

by Mid7night ⌂ @, Rocket BSCHSHCSHSHCCHGGH!!!!!!, Monday, November 30, 2015, 14:38 (3067 days ago) @ kidtsunami

...also miss a few hand cannons, TDYK & Sir Issac...RIP

(why ever did I share those things?!?)

Makes me a little sad that no one (going forward) can EVER play those weapons again. Like, EVER. Is it weird to anyone else that an asset like that is basically just thrown away?

I'd love for Bungie to flip a "Throwback Switch" for a special week, bringing back all Y1 gear as drops/saleables. ::dreams::

I miss the Hunter helms....

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Monday, November 30, 2015, 16:11 (3067 days ago) @ Mid7night
edited by Cody Miller, Monday, November 30, 2015, 16:15

I'd love for Bungie to flip a "Throwback Switch" for a special week, bringing back all Y1 gear as drops/saleables. ::dreams::

Also to bring back Dinklage…

I've been saying stuff like this would be a problem from the very beginning. I just played through Megaman 4 yesterday. And guess what? It was exactly how I remember it.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread