Today is a great day *OT* (Off-Topic)

by Avateur @, Wednesday, December 02, 2015, 23:11 (3072 days ago)

Today is a great day *OT*

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Wednesday, December 02, 2015, 23:17 (3072 days ago) @ Avateur

Yeah, I'm stoked. I'm glad that Genndy's finally able to finish the series. From the way he'd been talking about it, he was going to be allowed to do it his way, in the old art style, back when he was in talks to close the series off with a movie.

Although, there were enough hints and moments in the show to piece together how it would end (I always interpreted "Jack and the Traveling Creatures" to be the "final" episode of the series).

I'm just over the moon right now.

Not Surprised.

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Thursday, December 03, 2015, 01:44 (3072 days ago) @ Avateur

EXCITED AS ALL HELL!!! But it's not surprising. ;-)

It's super-thrilling; even as a kid, I knew Samurai Jack was revolutionary, absolute genius and pure history being made.

I'm super excited! I hope we can see so much more of this brilliance. Mako is irreplaceable, but Genndy will have the heart and grace to choose a spiritual successor.

Can't wait, man.

Not Surprised.

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Thursday, December 03, 2015, 05:03 (3072 days ago) @ Morpheus

EXCITED AS ALL HELL!!! But it's not surprising. ;-)

It's super-thrilling; even as a kid, I knew Samurai Jack was revolutionary, absolute genius and pure history being made.

Same. The show had way more heart than most shows of the time, and I can recall episodes (and what made them special and distinct) on a whim. Masterful show.

I'm super excited! I hope we can see so much more of this brilliance. Mako is irreplaceable, but Genndy will have the heart and grace to choose a spiritual successor.

Greg Baldwin (as Mako's understudy for years) took over for Mako on a few occasions (Avatar: TLA and The Legend of Korra, for example), and did a pretty solid job, for what it's worth. I wouldn't be surprised if that's who they get (especially since he already voiced Aku in the Fusionfall game).

Can't wait, man.

I'm rewatching episodes, and the feels are just as strong as ever...

Clone Wars

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Thursday, December 03, 2015, 15:27 (3072 days ago) @ Korny

Makes me want to go back and watch Star Wars: Clone Wars. No not the 3D animated one. That one is ok, but not as good as the 2D animated one by Genndy Tartakovsky. Jump ahead to about 38:50 or so to see mace window destroy a crap ton of droids. :)

And skip to 5:00 to see ARC troopers kicking butt

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Thursday, December 03, 2015, 15:56 (3072 days ago) @ Blackt1g3r

- No text -

Skip to 1:03:00 to see Grievous in all his terrible glory.

by Quirel, Friday, December 04, 2015, 02:06 (3071 days ago) @ ZackDark

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread