Solo Oryx . . . (Destiny)

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, December 03, 2015, 14:05 (3072 days ago)

Kotaku has the story, here's the video:

That's incredible, but holy crap that does not look fun.

Solo Oryx . . .

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Thursday, December 03, 2015, 14:50 (3072 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Interesting! I guess you don't need to bother with the relic if everyone is a sunsinger & you don't kill the ogers until you stagger Oryx.

Solo Oryx . . .

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Thursday, December 03, 2015, 14:53 (3072 days ago) @ cheapLEY

It almost makes my physically sick how much that guy would have to play the raid to find out the little mechanics that are required to beat it solo.

Solo Oryx . . .

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, December 03, 2015, 15:06 (3072 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

To be fair, he gives credit to a lot of other folks for helping him figure things out, so it wasn't all him. He just executed (which is still no small feat!).

My question is . . . when you stagger Oryx, does he just hang out there indefinitely?

Solo Oryx . . .

by ProbablyLast, Thursday, December 03, 2015, 16:37 (3072 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

Yeah, I also get upset when people are that much better than me at a game that I play too much.

Solo Oryx . . .

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, December 03, 2015, 15:37 (3072 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I don't get how he was able to detonate all the corrupted light. They were sometimes pretty far apart, but in the first round they all go off at the same time. How did he detonate them all?

Solo Oryx . . .

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, December 03, 2015, 15:41 (3072 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I don't get how he was able to detonate all the corrupted light. They were sometimes pretty far apart, but in the first round they all go off at the same time. How did he detonate them all?

I'm not sure what you're talking about. In the first round, only three of them detonate, and all three were right next to each other; he was standing in three circles at once. The last one is over by where you go to start the fight and doesn't detonate.

#masterrace

by Earendil, Thursday, December 03, 2015, 16:14 (3072 days ago) @ cheapLEY

- No text -

#masterrace

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Thursday, December 03, 2015, 16:25 (3072 days ago) @ Earendil

I was waiting for someone to say this. I'm actually surprised it took so long. Shame on you Warlocks.

#masterrace

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, December 03, 2015, 18:12 (3072 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

I was waiting for someone to say this. I'm actually surprised it took so long. Shame on you Warlocks.

This is stupid, because Warlock is a class not a race. You can have human warlocks, awoken warlocks, etc.
Plus you know, the term didn't really originate from the best place.

+1 and #Warlock #MostOPClassEvar

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Thursday, December 03, 2015, 18:23 (3072 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

#codywasright

by marmot 1333 @, Thursday, December 03, 2015, 18:26 (3072 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Agreed. I dislike the use of the term. It sounds worse when you don't clarify it with a 'warlock' in front.

Down the rabbit hole: "They're almost always bad guys (as you can't play them as heroes without getting into a motherlode of Unfortunate Implications"

meh

by Earendil, Thursday, December 03, 2015, 18:50 (3072 days ago) @ Cody Miller

This is stupid, because Warlock is a class not a race. You can have human warlocks, awoken warlocks, etc.

Somehow I don't see "masterclass" as conveying the same sort of humor. Since I was going for communication, and you got it, I'm going to stand by it.

To me that's part of the joke. The term as it originates was handed out by people that were narcissistic and wrong beyond belief. Perhaps I am not being sensitive to people that live outside my sub-culture (this is the internet, isn't everyone like me?), but I don't see "master race" being used by anyone that could be taken seriously, or applied to anything in a good way.

I do apologize if I offended anyone.

meh

by marmot 1333 @, Thursday, December 03, 2015, 19:24 (3072 days ago) @ Earendil

I seriously doubt you offended anyone. I just took the opportunity to soapbox a little bit :)

meh

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, December 04, 2015, 00:22 (3071 days ago) @ Earendil

I do apologize if I offended anyone.

No it's no offense. It's actually wonderfully comforting in a way that Nazis are not a problem anymore to the extent that they are jokes.

Warlocks; We're better than you, and we know it...

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Thursday, December 03, 2015, 21:00 (3072 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

[image]

Warlocks; We're better than you, and YOU know it... (FTFY)

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Thursday, December 03, 2015, 21:06 (3072 days ago) @ Korny

- No text -

New Place for Mid to Shoot Ogres?

by talkingorange, Thursday, December 03, 2015, 16:39 (3072 days ago) @ cheapLEY

It looks like a great place for the floaters to be to shoot ogres is on the sisters' platforms. I wonder if it's better to just be up there than running up and down the middle. Also, who knew the Spartan Laser could be so effective?

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, December 03, 2015, 16:43 (3072 days ago) @ talkingorange

It looks like a great place for the floaters to be to shoot ogres is on the sisters' platforms. I wonder if it's better to just be up there than running up and down the middle. Also, who knew the Spartan Laser could be so effective?

Is that not already the common place for floaters to be? That's where I've always opted to stand when I filled the Floater roll. There's not really a downside to being up there, and you can see/shoot everything.

by talkingorange, Thursday, December 03, 2015, 21:10 (3072 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Huh I'd just never seen anyone do that before. Should've expected that it was common practice already 8)

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, December 03, 2015, 22:10 (3072 days ago) @ talkingorange

Huh I'd just never seen anyone do that before. Should've expected that it was common practice already 8)

It might not be. I've only run the raid a handful of times, and it's been well over a month since I have, so what was happening in the few weeks I was running (before the Heroic Raid was even available) might not be even close to what's common now.

I just always liked being up there with my Black Spindle if I was floating (which wasn't very often). It seemed to work well for me.

by TheeChaos @, Thursday, December 03, 2015, 17:56 (3072 days ago) @ talkingorange

I have found in Normal/ No Knight rotations this is applicable. In Hard Mode, if you are doing it the "legitimately" Its really hard to do that. Last HM I ran, we kept having issues with the floaters in the middle dying, then the plate people would also have issues dying in the middle if the relic runner wasn't in the middle soon enough. The difference was Titan Bubble. If you aren't using Titan Bubble (shame on you) then I suppose it makes sense to go up top, since you are equally screwed. But If you want to do the rotation from the middle, the bubble really helps.

On the other side, you could just have everyone go up top after the relic runner is down, we just have alot of trouble with people not making the jump and dying because no one is killing adds, just trying to jump. Also during this interim, the last Light Eater likes to sneak through and sometimes gets an orb.

by talkingorange, Thursday, December 03, 2015, 21:11 (3072 days ago) @ TheeChaos

Yeah, new HM mobs mess everything up ;)

I'm not going to watch this...because reasons... but...

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Thursday, December 03, 2015, 18:27 (3072 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I love that there are those in this community who can figure out how to solo things not meant to be soloed. Fills my inner lone wolf with glee.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread