A Guardian's Scent... (Destiny)

by Mid7night ⌂ @, Rocket BSCHSHCSHSHCCHGGH!!!!!!, Saturday, December 05, 2015, 07:17 (3070 days ago)

While looking for Calcified Fragments tonight, I came across a chest on the very far side of the Mausoleum chasm, which didn't ask for a key; it said "A Scent is the Key" ... curious, but I couldn't hang around too long because 3 invincible Blind Thrall started attacking me, so I had to get outa Dodge.

While wandering around the rest of the Mausoleum, I found one Fragment on a shelf in one of the little side rooms, and while I was looking up the location of another one, I noticed that my screen was going all green and wonky-weird, and there were some seriously crazy voices getting louder, then all of a sudden my screen popped up with a message that said I had acquired "Scent of the Worm", with a 1 minute timer counting down! I immediately remembered the chest, and booked it over to the invisible platforms...but I wasn't quick enough to get to the chest in time; scanning for the platforms slowed me down.

Challenge Accepted.

I spent a couple minutes practicing the jumps, blind (and made sure I was spec'd for Agility and was wearing the Bones), and took to it. I didn't get it on the first try, or the second, or the...you get the idea....but I DID get it, and that's obviously the video I'm sharing. :)

Bonus; The chest has a Calcified Fragment in it! Honest, I didn't know what was in the chest, I forced myself to not Google the contents once I had discovered it. This is one of the few things I can say I discovered for myself without any help from the internet; just plain old playing the game. :D

So how out of touch AM I? How many of you already knew about this, and how many of you already have that Fragment?

A Guardian's Scent...

by BeardFade ⌂, Portland, OR, Saturday, December 05, 2015, 07:24 (3070 days ago) @ Mid7night

I did this a while back. maybe a month or two. It certainly is a challenge though. I got lucky. Some randoms were already jumping on the hidden platforms so I didn't have to pull out my ghost to see them. Made it go much faster, I had 7-8 seconds to spare because of that.

A Guardian's Scent...

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Saturday, December 05, 2015, 09:24 (3070 days ago) @ Mid7night

I know I've seen the chest itself, because I remember the invincible thrall, but I don't think I ever did the rest.

Much easier with your sword out

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Saturday, December 05, 2015, 09:33 (3070 days ago) @ Mid7night

Im one of those weirdos who has 47 fragments on each character, which means I've had to do it three times. Warlock definitely has the hardest time of it.

A Guardian's Scent...

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Saturday, December 05, 2015, 09:33 (3070 days ago) @ Mid7night

So how out of touch AM I? How many of you already knew about this, and how many of you already have that Fragment?

I'd say that 90% of the population had this one two days after the DLC dropped, but hey, congrats on figuring it out on your own! :P

That chest is neat in that sometimes, random people will stop what they're doing to help others get to that chest by standing on the vanishing platforms. One time, Sammy and I saw a guy sitting in the scent room, and we stood on the platforms. Then another guy on his own showed up and stood on another platform. All to help one guy get his fragment. Once he got it, we danced, waved, and went on our way. It's the little moments...

A Guardian's Scent...

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Saturday, December 05, 2015, 14:41 (3070 days ago) @ Mid7night

That's cool that you were able to find it on your own! I had to(and kinda still do) Google nearly everything about this stupid Dreadnaught. Still can't do the Taken Consumption thing.

Too bad the chests are entirely useless. All the work that has to be done to open those special chests and you get quite literally nothing. It's heartbreaking; I don't even bother any more.

A Guardian's Scent...

by Funkmon @, Saturday, December 05, 2015, 19:39 (3070 days ago) @ Morpheus

You get fragments and some ammo synths and engrams.

Fah! Feh! Foosh!!

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Sunday, December 06, 2015, 04:33 (3069 days ago) @ Funkmon

Fragments are the only redeeming quality of those bitter failures!
Synths?! They're just primaries! Rarely specials!
And engrams?! Please!

Holy crap, you memorized the jumps?!

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Saturday, December 05, 2015, 15:02 (3070 days ago) @ Mid7night

I had to have people keeping some key jumps visible, lest my Warlock either fall to death or miss the timer. Congrats, dude! Well done

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread