Sparrow Racing League suggestion (Destiny)

by Avateur @, Sunday, December 06, 2015, 06:06 (3069 days ago)

Death Race. It involves dropping the Sparrow. Expand the racing league beyond the Sparrow. Get Pikes in there.

Sparrow Racing League suggestion

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Sunday, December 06, 2015, 06:51 (3069 days ago) @ Avateur

Death Race. It involves dropping the Sparrow. Expand the racing league beyond the Sparrow. Get Pikes in there.

Three separate threads on the subject, and this warranted a new one?
Kind of a crappy idea too, since you can't boost and shoot at the same time. And if you could, you'd avoid being ahead of anyone, or you'd get blown up.

Sparrows with Mario Kart style powerups would be much better...

by Avateur @, Sunday, December 06, 2015, 12:11 (3069 days ago) @ Korny

Three separate threads on the subject, and this warranted a new one?

Naturally, Trollymunky!

Kind of a crappy idea too, since you can't boost and shoot at the same time. And if you could, you'd avoid being ahead of anyone, or you'd get blown up.

Risk/reward! :D

Maybe in Destiny 2. It'll never happen in this game.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Sunday, December 06, 2015, 15:16 (3069 days ago) @ Korny

Why not play Mario Kart then? It's better than a mini game in Destiny ever will be. I don't think it's supposed to be anything other than an amusing diversion. At some point to be "good" enough would simply mean building a dedicated game. Which there are plenty of.

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Sunday, December 06, 2015, 15:57 (3069 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Why not play Mario Kart then? It's better than a mini game in Destiny ever will be. I don't think it's supposed to be anything other than an amusing diversion. At some point to be "good" enough would simply mean building a dedicated game. Which there are plenty of.

Because Mario Kart's not very fun. I like how Sparrows handle, and it's fun to knock people around with them. The thing about powerups is just to slow down someone in the lead, or to prevent you from being in the lead. You don't need a dedicated kart racer to have some tools at your disposal for strategic use.
Plus, there might be some exclusive goods to get out of it that might help you elsewhere in the game.

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Monday, December 07, 2015, 01:30 (3068 days ago) @ Korny

Because Mario Kart's not very fun.

Finally, somebody said it.

by cheapLEY @, Monday, December 07, 2015, 02:57 (3068 days ago) @ stabbim

Mario Kart 64 was fun! Granted I was eleven when I was playing that, so . . .

Mario Kart Wii was also fun . . . for ten minutes . . . if I was drunk.

by Monochron, Monday, December 07, 2015, 04:13 (3068 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Honestly the new one has been far more fun for me than any of the previous versions. The worlds and everything are so vibrant and the controls feel perfect. *shrug*

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread