Starside Lounge sketchbook winner & runner-ups! *IMGs* (Destiny)

by Leviathan ⌂, Hotel Zanzibar, Wednesday, December 30, 2015, 06:14 (3011 days ago)

In the last Starside Lounge, I offered up a Destiny sketchbook (which I reviewed earlier this year) as a prize for listeners, embellished with an illustration of the winner's Guardian. Firstly, apologies for the delay - holidays and all that! Secondly, I decided to just go ahead and sketch an image of every Guardian that was posted in the thread!

Here are the results!

Breitzen, you've already got a few drawings from me, what's your problem, man?

[image]

Squidnh3, thanks for joining us on the podcast and I thought your Guardian looked very beautiful and mysterious.

[image]

DogCow/Korny, I don't think I've ever drawn someone wearing a mask before - thanks for the challenge! Plus, how could I not draw that handsome guy?

[image]

And finally, the actual Sketchbook goes to Funkmon, with pink cowboy boots proudly atop a dead walker and all. You seemed to have a lot of enthusiasm about the contest and I remember your interest back when I was reviewing the book, too. You also provided a rotating gif of the Guardian which made my job easier!

[image]

(Since this art was made with pencils AND ink, this scan doesn't pick up the lighter pencils well, so this is really just an approximation of what it looks like. Also, I tried to keep it light so as to not bleed through the pages of your new book!)

Also included, Official DBO Bookmark!

[image]

Shoot me or DBO your address sometime Funkmon, and I can send this stuff to you!

Thanks for playing everyone!

Starside Lounge sketchbook winner & runner-ups! *IMGs*

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Wednesday, December 30, 2015, 12:41 (3011 days ago) @ Leviathan

Nice, very nice. :)

Levi's such an overachiever!

by breitzen @, Kansas, Wednesday, December 30, 2015, 12:52 (3011 days ago) @ Leviathan

Sorry Levi! I'm a high maintenance kinda guy ;)

These all look great! Congrats to Funk!

Awesome

by squidnh3, Wednesday, December 30, 2015, 13:26 (3011 days ago) @ Leviathan

Just awesome.

We're all winners.

by Funkmon @, Wednesday, December 30, 2015, 14:21 (3011 days ago) @ Leviathan

I love it when art gets posted, whether it's LEGO figures or fancy drawings by Levi, or music stuff, or Vault of Farce.

But honestly, Dogcow's guy changed my life. Genuinely one of the funniest things I've seen on this forum. I think so many people assumed that would win people didn't even bother posting theirs.

Squid's dude looks epic. Breitzen looks like if Uncle Martin went rogue and started killing stuff, and Dogcow's galactically stupid looking guardian even managed to look cool. 10/10 on all counts!

Mine is perfect, except fighting spider tanks normally looks like this for me, since I try to punch them to death.

[image]

Thanks for the art!

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread