Hippos in Destiny

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Sunday, June 16, 2013, 19:16 (3960 days ago)

So I remember when Halo was originally envisioned as something similar to Destiny way back before Bungie was acquired by MS, Matt said something about looking forward to crashing people's parties by playing as an invincible rampaging Hippo.

I would like to see the equivalent for Destiny :-)

Hippos in Destiny

by electricpirate @, Sunday, June 16, 2013, 19:17 (3960 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Was that the comment he made about wall hugging hippos, or something else?

Hippos in Destiny

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Sunday, June 16, 2013, 19:21 (3960 days ago) @ electricpirate

I think so:

Back in the very early days of Halo's development, before we'd even announced it, everyone at Bungie was very excited about the game. One of the things Bungie people do when they're very excited is come up with all sorts of wacky and impossible ideas and press the developers to include them in the game. My wacky and impossible idea was an easter egg: a hippo for net games that was invulnerable to attack and available only to Bungie employees. That way I could jump into people's games to wreak havoc in style, erupting out of marshes and ponds when nobody expected it and tearing suckers to shreds with my enormous teeth as I galloped gracelessly across the beautiful landscape.

http://forums.bungie.org/halo/archive4.pl?read=82463

(Spoiler: they were the shotgun shells)

Hippos in Destiny

by MrPadraig08 ⌂ @, Steel City, Monday, June 17, 2013, 11:47 (3959 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I think so:

Back in the very early days of Halo's development, before we'd even announced it, everyone at Bungie was very excited about the game. One of the things Bungie people do when they're very excited is come up with all sorts of wacky and impossible ideas and press the developers to include them in the game. My wacky and impossible idea was an easter egg: a hippo for net games that was invulnerable to attack and available only to Bungie employees. That way I could jump into people's games to wreak havoc in style, erupting out of marshes and ponds when nobody expected it and tearing suckers to shreds with my enormous teeth as I galloped gracelessly across the beautiful landscape.

To be fair, this is how I felt using the shotgun on the puny brains coming around the corner.

Hippos in Destiny

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Tuesday, June 18, 2013, 16:12 (3958 days ago) @ Cody Miller
edited by INSANEdrive, Tuesday, June 18, 2013, 16:16

I think so:

Have to say - reading posts from 2001 is pure gold (no pun intended).

Edit: Oh. . . and "Hippos in Destiny" has to be one of the best thread titles ever. I'm not sure why though.

Hippos in Destiny

by Matt, Tuesday, June 18, 2013, 16:05 (3958 days ago) @ Cody Miller

So I remember when Halo was originally envisioned as something similar to Destiny way back before Bungie was acquired by MS, Matt said something about looking forward to crashing people's parties by playing as an invincible rampaging Hippo.

I second that emotion.

-Matt

Hippos in Destiny

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Tuesday, June 18, 2013, 16:14 (3958 days ago) @ Matt

I second that emotion.

-Matt

No doubt due to your hippo fetish and sadistic impulses. ;)

Hippos in Destiny

by Claude Errera @, Wednesday, June 19, 2013, 08:59 (3957 days ago) @ Matt

I second that emotion.

-Matt

That would be one hell of an easter egg.

Hippos in Destiny

by Stephen Laughlin ⌂ @, Long Beach, CA, Monday, June 24, 2013, 04:07 (3952 days ago) @ Matt

I second that emotion.

-Matt

Oh my god, this would be incredible.

Hippos in Destiny

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Tuesday, June 25, 2013, 10:25 (3951 days ago) @ Matt

I think I would die of laughter.

[image]

New Recon = Hippo head?

by General Vagueness @, The Vault of Sass, Saturday, July 06, 2013, 13:57 (3940 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread