Guardian Radio E3 Interview with DeeJ

by roland ⌂ @, Sunday, June 16, 2013, 19:58 (3938 days ago)

The Guardian Radio crew caught up with DeeJ in the E3 Press Room for a relaxed chat about what it's been like showing Destiny to all the fans at E3 as well as what it's been like for the Bungie team to develop this massive new world.

DeeJ answers several questions from the Guardian Radio community regarding multiplayer, and reveals some details on multiplayer voice chat (voice may be optional with non-party players) however, always careful, DeeJ makes sure to tell us that Bungie reserves the right to change this before final release.

http://theguardiansofdestiny.com/#!/2013/06/16/guardian-radio-deej-interview-e3-2013/

Let's trip the wires

by scarab @, Monday, June 17, 2013, 00:28 (3938 days ago) @ roland

of those mines of heart pounding action.

It's official, the landscapes have been seeded to reward the explorer. (As if we thought that they wouldn't be.)

Nevertheless - DeeJ said it so it has been said.

You leave the "tower" you leave the Traveller?

by Monochron, Monday, June 17, 2013, 12:39 (3938 days ago) @ roland

So taking a quote from Deej "If you leave the tower you leave the protection of the Traveler" (or something along those lines). He could have said "last city" there instead of "tower" and that worries me. It seems like the world will be delineated as safe in the tower, and dangerous in the wilderness, with the city left out of the equation.
. . . I hope we can explore the city as well as the tower.

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Monday, June 17, 2013, 12:42 (3938 days ago) @ Monochron

So taking a quote from Deej "If you leave the tower you leave the protection of the Traveler" (or something along those lines). He could have said "last city" there instead of "tower" and that worries me. It seems like the world will be delineated as safe in the tower, and dangerous in the wilderness, with the city left out of the equation.

I think that's more in reference to the fact that the tower is will be where most of the social interaction is. The player spends the majority of their non-combat time in the tower is what I took it to mean.

by TTL Demag0gue ⌂ @, Within the shadow of the Traveler, Monday, June 17, 2013, 14:18 (3938 days ago) @ Monochron

I'm pretty sure I recall a quote somewhere that said the city will be fully explorable.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread