Bungie President Talks Destiny

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Monday, June 17, 2013, 12:09 (3937 days ago)

NowGamer has an article about Destiny and talks quite a bit about MMO related features and how they may be implemented in Destiny.

One of my favorite quotes:

We won’t present you with a situation where you slay the Devil Walker Lord and are glad he’s gone, and then he happens to just be back the next day. If we set you that kind of activity, you’ll actually accomplish it and then move on beyond that task.

[Edit: fixed link]

by biggy ⌂ @, Tinseltown, Monday, June 17, 2013, 14:04 (3937 days ago) @ Xenos

Holy crap, i just found this on GAF and the quote you used is the exact same I was going to use.

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Monday, June 17, 2013, 14:07 (3937 days ago) @ biggy

Holy crap, i just found this on GAF and the quote you used is the exact same I was going to use.

I would say something about great minds, but mine is mediocre at best.

Mediocre minds think alike!

by biggy ⌂ @, Tinseltown, Monday, June 17, 2013, 14:10 (3937 days ago) @ Xenos

I changed the quote so it doesn't look like I just copied/pasted what you said.

hey mastrbiggy

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, June 17, 2013, 14:40 (3937 days ago) @ biggy

You guys usually include a direct link in the news story right. Think you forgot.

hey mastrbiggy

by Claude Errera @, Monday, June 17, 2013, 14:46 (3937 days ago) @ Kermit

You guys usually include a direct link in the news story right. Think you forgot.

He would never forget such a thing. You must have been mistaken.

hey mastrbiggy

by biggy ⌂ @, Tinseltown, Monday, June 17, 2013, 18:36 (3937 days ago) @ Kermit

I figured it didn't matter since there isn't a FP.

It was all a dream, It was all a dream

by MrPadraig08 ⌂ @, Steel City, Tuesday, June 18, 2013, 07:53 (3936 days ago) @ biggy

- No text -

Mediocre minds think alike!

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Monday, June 17, 2013, 23:32 (3937 days ago) @ biggy

I changed the quote so it doesn't look like I just copied/pasted what you said.

By the way, no worries on copying me, do it whenever you want. Despite what it probably seems like sometimes I just share the stories to try and get them out there, do what you want with them :)

by Mr Daax ⌂ @, aka: SSG Daax, Monday, June 17, 2013, 17:40 (3937 days ago) @ Xenos

Thanks for sharing!

I really liked what he had to say about the fiction develpment.

When we started working on the Destiny universe, the first thing we did was to write a fictional background. You start off as you are now, a Guardian of The Tower, defending the wall that surrounds the last bastion of humanity, and the enemies are growing in strength. You start there and you start talking about how you ended up with that one last city, and what happened with peace. We spent years on it, with about eight or nine writers on the team, the editor for sci-fi from Tor is now our managing editor inside the studio, and Joe Staten who has been writing fiction for Bungie for fifteen years has been lead writer on it, and so we have a great team of guys that have just been writing and outlining and tweaking and tuning. We married the concept of the story and the fiction to visual concepts, and that's how we ended up with things looking the way they do. They’re breathtaking. Sometimes I take them home and hang them on my wall. We have them all over the studio, people have our art up as their desktop. It’s about finding that creative line and then we flash it out there, reams and reams of fiction for Destiny that back all aspects of it. The fun piece is when we plan the next story to tell and we go ‘Okay, so here we are, what’s the most exciting thing to pick?’ We pick the images we want, the activities we want, and then we think what stories relate to those and then pull it together.

All of this excites me very much :)

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread