Hey DBO E3 Away Team

by Avateur @, Monday, June 17, 2013, 19:10 (3936 days ago)
edited by Avateur, Monday, June 17, 2013, 19:40

A quick series of questions for you all!

What was the coolest non-Destiny thing you saw at E3? ("thing" can mean game, some crazy outfit, Jason Jones, whatever)

Did you ever get separated from the group, and if so, did you look to the heavens to find Wu towering over all other things to find your way back?

Did Bryan Newman "make this look good" or did he "make this really look good?"

What non-Destiny game for any console got you the most excited to see more of or play?

And finally, if it's even possible to answer this, what one thing from the Destiny gameplay just had you in total awe beyond all the other awes you saw in said gameplay?

I'm glad you all had a great time, and I really want to pre-thank you for what I can only imagine is going to be some really awesome content coming from you all in the coming days/weeks! :D

Hey DBO E3 Away Team

by ncsuDuncan @, Monday, June 17, 2013, 19:53 (3936 days ago) @ Avateur

What was the coolest non-Destiny thing you saw at E3? ("thing" can mean game, some crazy outfit, Jason Jones, whatever).

The SpaceX Dragon capsule was sitting in front of the convention center. It was also neat briefly walking through the show floor after it had closed and almost everyone was gone. More on that later.

Did you ever get separated from the group, and if so, did you look to the heavens to find Wu towering over all other things to find your way back?

Yes, quite often. Thankfully, lighthouses don't move very quickly so catching up was easy.

Who?

What non-Destiny game for any console got you the most excited to see more of or play?

Titanfall. Hands down. Between that and Halo 5 "Halo for Xbox One" my console purchase decision has become really easy.

And finally, if it's even possible to answer this, what one thing from the Destiny gameplay just had you in total awe beyond all the other awes you saw in said gameplay?

SPACE MAGIC. Well, that or the shockwave created by a giant Fallen ship warping into Old Russia. Or the dynamic lighting. Or the... okay, I'll just stop here.

Hey DBO E3 Away Team

by scarab @, Sunday, June 23, 2013, 11:53 (3931 days ago) @ ncsuDuncan

The SpaceX Dragon capsule was sitting in front of the convention center.

OMG, that's even better than Claire from Steps!

Hey DBO E3 Away Team

by biggy ⌂ @, Tinseltown, Monday, June 17, 2013, 21:52 (3936 days ago) @ Avateur

What was the coolest non-Destiny thing you saw at E3? ("thing" can mean game, some crazy outfit, Jason Jones, whatever)

Titanfall. It's really the only non-Destiny thing I got to see. Does Marty count as a non-Destiny thing? In all honesty, the coolest moments were meeting and talking to the Bungie guys and gals and hanging out with Grim, Duncan, Claude and the other community members.

Claude became my E3 lighthouse. Actually, I think I told him that he was the most useful object at E3.

Who?

I'm a big fan of inFamous (well the first game) so I thought Second Son looked pretty cool. MGS5 blew my socks off! Contrast looks neat. I'm not the biggest BF3 fan, but when that tower came down in that multiplayer BF4 demo - well, underwear needed to be changed.

Notables:
-Sunsent Overdrive
-Watch_Dogs
-Fantasia (no idea what it is but it looks cool, but anything that gets people into music is exciting.)
-FEZ 2
-Tom Clancy's Division

Not really a gameplay moment, but when Danny Bulla (thanks Duncan) gave us a 360 view of the surrounding landscape I literally gasped. Also Marty's music.

I'm glad you all had a great time, and I really want to pre-thank you for what I can only imagine is going to be some really awesome content coming from you all in the coming days/weeks! :D

Yes!

Copycat.

by ncsuDuncan @, Monday, June 17, 2013, 22:02 (3936 days ago) @ biggy

Heh, unless you typed those answers without reading my post...

Not really a gameplay moment, but when <insert name> (the guy who worked on RDR) gave us a 360 view of the surrounding landscape I literally gasped.

Danny Bulla is the guy you're thinking of. I agree, that landscape was amazing. It really helped to see that demo on a nice TV instead of a projector screen.

Hey DBO E3 Away Team

by Mid7night ⌂ @, Rocket BSCHSHCSHSHCCHGGH!!!!!!, Monday, June 17, 2013, 22:15 (3936 days ago) @ Avateur

Yes. Jason Jones. Yes.

[image]

LOL, yes, and yes.

AC Black Flag, Watchdogs, GT6, The Order: 1886, Super Mario 3D World

Y'know, the way those birds just dynamically scattered and flew out of the way when the player walked up to them? That was AWESOME!! Take THAT, "Ghosts"!! :P

Seriously though, the prospect of running around in a Skyrim-like-sized environment, but one made by my beloved Bungie, toting some Super Good Advice along with SPACE MAGIC SPACE MAGIC SPACE MAGIC!!! ;)

Hey DBO E3 Away Team

by Claude Errera @, Tuesday, June 18, 2013, 05:12 (3936 days ago) @ Avateur

I looked for that guy EVERYWHERE - I could NEVER see him. :(

Sorry this is late...

by GrimBrother One, Sunday, June 23, 2013, 09:38 (3931 days ago) @ Avateur

The SR-71 outside the science center, along with the aforementioned Dragon capsule. Also, some crazy colored light-floor thing that we discovered walking back to the car one night.

No, I just rode in his pocket the whole time.

neither. He "made this really good look".

Forza 5, Killer Instinct, Halo One, Titanfall, Order 1886, Gran Turismo 6, ACIV: Black Flag, Project Spark

The sheer scale, as well as the interwoven and permeating mystery of it all. Loved turning around and looking out over the cliffs, and the scale of the Fallen ship as it passed overhead.

Thank YOU guys! You are all why we do this! <3
Grim

Hey DBO E3 Away Team

by Stephen Laughlin ⌂ @, Long Beach, CA, Monday, June 24, 2013, 03:27 (3930 days ago) @ Avateur

Cliffy B. (with his girlfriend?) walking up to a random Bungie employee at the front entrance of the Destiny theatre and getting denied. It was beautiful. Someone else recognized him soon enough, but that awkward minute and a half was timeless.

I was only there the last day so I didn't have much time to explore but I liked what I saw of Titanfall, though I'm generally not a fan of the more twitchy and fast-paced shooters.

The moment when the subwoofers really kicked in was absolutely stunning. It was near the end of the demonstration as the Fallen ships drop out of hyperspace, the Russian colony ship collapses in the distance, the shockwave hits and the Fallen ships come roaring overhead. I loved the sound design throughout but that part was totally mental.

Hey DBO E3 Away Team

by GrimBrother One, Monday, June 24, 2013, 06:39 (3930 days ago) @ Stephen Laughlin

It was his wife Lauren, and yes... it was priceless, lol.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread