Oryx Event (Fireteam Builder Events)

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Wednesday, March 16, 2016, 12:02 (2955 days ago)

Just wanted to see what the time frame for tonight would be for those who played yesterday. I know I'm free whenever and ProbablyLast just said he can't play until 10:30 Eastern time. How about everyone else? Also we might need some filler players.

I think Funk is in the same boat, time wise.

by ProbablyLast, Wednesday, March 16, 2016, 13:10 (2955 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

Otherwise I could be on at 10.

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Wednesday, March 16, 2016, 13:22 (2955 days ago) @ ProbablyLast
edited by MacAddictXIV, Wednesday, March 16, 2016, 13:49

Seems we are split. Kermit and I would prefer earlier, but you two can only do later. I don't really care as I'm west coast and everything is early for me. So I will bump it back a little.

by BlackstarBSP, Thursday, March 17, 2016, 10:57 (2954 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

10-10:30 start is fine. I can play for about 2 hours from there.

Oryx Event

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Thursday, March 17, 2016, 11:08 (2954 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

Hey guys, thanks for filling and doing well. I know we didn't finish but that wasn't because we weren't doing the right thing. On that note, Blackstar, I need to see that video of you getting curb stomped by the space bus after trying to do a Michael Jordan impression.

We WILL finish Oryx before Tuesday.

Hopefully at a time I can do it.

by Funkmon @, Thursday, March 17, 2016, 12:20 (2954 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

- No text -

Oryx

by ProbablyLast, Thursday, March 17, 2016, 12:20 (2954 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

Yeah, I got last minute called in to work. I can only play for about 90 minutes Saturday/Sunday at 8PM EST or late night Monday night. Good luck if you guys try again this weekend.

Oh, that's why you didn't answer. I thought you slept.

by Funkmon @, Thursday, March 17, 2016, 13:02 (2954 days ago) @ ProbablyLast

- No text -

I wish.

by ProbablyLast, Thursday, March 17, 2016, 13:22 (2954 days ago) @ Funkmon

- No text -

Ask and you shall receive.

by BlackstarBSP, Thursday, March 17, 2016, 15:06 (2954 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

Yeah, as you can see, I cleared getting to the sisters platform and landed BEFORE the ship. Then as I hit the ground, I shot up in front of it and got splattered.

If you listen, there are no noises of jump-jets like you hear as I go around the platforms, so no idea of the cause, never happened to me before. :P

But hey, it's funny to watch!

Landed.... then shot up like a bullet.

Ask and you shall receive.

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Thursday, March 17, 2016, 15:14 (2954 days ago) @ BlackstarBSP

Yeah, as you can see, I cleared getting to the sisters platform and landed BEFORE the ship. Then as I hit the ground, I shot up in front of it and got splattered.

If you listen, there are no noises of jump-jets like you hear as I go around the platforms, so no idea of the cause, never happened to me before. :P

But hey, it's funny to watch!

Landed.... then shot up like a bullet.

Looks like some Zanzibar geometry made it into The Kings Fall.

I forgot about that stuff! Used to superbounce all the time!

by Funkmon @, Thursday, March 17, 2016, 16:03 (2954 days ago) @ dogcow

- No text -

I figured out your problem.

by ProbablyLast, Thursday, March 17, 2016, 15:18 (2954 days ago) @ BlackstarBSP

You double jumped again.

I figured out your problem.

by BlackstarBSP, Thursday, March 17, 2016, 18:47 (2954 days ago) @ ProbablyLast

Lol, from just walking forward?

No, by pressing the jump button twice.

by ProbablyLast, Thursday, March 17, 2016, 22:47 (2953 days ago) @ BlackstarBSP

- No text -

Nope. Watch again, you'll see.

by BlackstarBSP, Friday, March 18, 2016, 00:58 (2953 days ago) @ ProbablyLast

Jump to the sisters platform.
Hit my jets to arrest my fall.
Land on sisters platform.
Run straight forward, fall off edge to ground.
Impact ground, instantly bounce up upon touching.
No reason to jump; no button was pressed.
Underpants.
?
Profit!

I agree, no reason to double jump.

by ProbablyLast, Friday, March 18, 2016, 01:00 (2953 days ago) @ BlackstarBSP

But you did, according to the audio and visual indicators that you double jumped.

No audio cue

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Friday, March 18, 2016, 01:13 (2953 days ago) @ ProbablyLast

To be honest, it looks a LOT like the tiny bevel between the golden walkway and the stone floor threw you into a weird "lateral" bounce (like when you bump into the edge of a platform) that happened to also send you upwards.

I assume you are joking.

by ProbablyLast, Friday, March 18, 2016, 01:27 (2953 days ago) @ ZackDark

As there is a clear indicator right after he ascends.

Also the animation makes it obvious.

I'm sorry, but I'm not

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Friday, March 18, 2016, 01:38 (2953 days ago) @ ProbablyLast

For one, I'm trusting Blackstar's claim that he never touched the jump button.

On top of that, I main a Warlock and can confidently say that's how they react to bounces. Hell, that's how everyone reacts to the Tower's giant fan. I believe the animation is tied to the upwards motion. The jump animation is actually slightly different, unless you cancel the jump while still going up.

Eh, my last post on this.

by ProbablyLast, Friday, March 18, 2016, 10:19 (2953 days ago) @ ZackDark

Seriously, at 19ish seconds in the video you can see his feet lift, his character accelerate upward and hear the double jump sound. Maybe he only pressed it once after his character bounced, but that is clearly Glide triggering.

The only reason I saw his post was because someone sent me a message with the link and a comment on how it was an obvious double jump. That person also mains a Warlock and has experience running the relic in this raid. Which doesn't even matter, because it takes maybe an hour of playing with a fully leveled Warlock to understand how the jumps work.

But whatever, this doesn't matter. I'm only responding this last time because of the tone.

Fair enough, it's cool

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Friday, March 18, 2016, 15:22 (2953 days ago) @ ProbablyLast

- No text -

Oryx Event

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Thursday, March 17, 2016, 12:39 (2954 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

I definitely want to try again. I can't tonight, but I'm pretty flexible this weekend.

Oryx Event

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Thursday, March 17, 2016, 12:42 (2954 days ago) @ Kermit

I definitely want to try again. I can't tonight, but I'm pretty flexible this weekend.

Crap, I just remembered I'm going to be out of town this weekend... I might make something for tomorrow night if not then, then probably Sunday or Monday night.

Oryx Event

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Thursday, March 17, 2016, 12:50 (2954 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

Crap, I just remembered I'm going to be out of town this weekend... I might make something for tomorrow night if not then, then probably Sunday or Monday night.

Sunday would be great!

Oryx Event

by squidnh3, Monday, March 21, 2016, 10:30 (2950 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

Are we going to be attempting to get this done before the reset tonight?

Make the event. I can be there after 11.

by Funkmon @, Monday, March 21, 2016, 11:07 (2950 days ago) @ squidnh3

- No text -

Oryx Event

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Monday, March 21, 2016, 11:23 (2950 days ago) @ squidnh3

Are we going to be attempting to get this done before the reset tonight?

I can do it. but it would have to be earlier. I have a hard stop time by 8:45 West coast time as I have to drive my brother (Earendil) to the airport. So you can blame him.

I know that is early for a lot of you guys, but maybe we can get enough?

Oryx Event

by squidnh3, Monday, March 21, 2016, 13:08 (2950 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

I would tend to prefer an earlier time, but to be honest, I don't have any special need to be involved. I'm just willing to help if the people who really wanted to finish Oryx want to do it tonight.

Oryx Event

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Monday, March 21, 2016, 13:13 (2950 days ago) @ squidnh3

I would tend to prefer an earlier time, but to be honest, I don't have any special need to be involved. I'm just willing to help if the people who really wanted to finish Oryx want to do it tonight.

I might just have to call it a wash and restart it this next weekend because I'm going to be doing NOTHING but play games cause I'm going to be alone in my parents house watching a dog...

So I will be free Friday night till Sunday afternoon

Oryx Event

by ProbablyLast, Monday, March 21, 2016, 12:02 (2950 days ago) @ squidnh3

I have Skolas at 1030 EST but can run it after. If you guys get a group earlier, good luck! I can lead a second group with Funk around 11 since I'll still have a checkpoint.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread