Angry Joe Bungie Interview

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Friday, June 21, 2013, 20:14 (3955 days ago)

Angry Joe interviews DeeJ and Eric about Destiny. A little bit of new information in there, for example as far as I know this is the first time they've mentioned branching skill trees for guns.

by MrPadraig08 ⌂ @, Steel City, Friday, June 21, 2013, 21:46 (3955 days ago) @ Xenos

1) I love that urk and deej give the time to someone a bit smaller like Joe. I used to watch a lot of his stuff and bungie retweeting and interviewing him is awesome.

2) I forgot how much Bungie.net as a platform impacted my Halo experience, and hearing them talk about it reminds me just how much I miss it.

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Friday, June 21, 2013, 21:53 (3955 days ago) @ MrPadraig08

1) I love that urk and deej give the time to someone a bit smaller like Joe. I used to watch a lot of his stuff and bungie retweeting and interviewing him is awesome.

2) I forgot how much Bungie.net as a platform impacted my Halo experience, and hearing them talk about it reminds me just how much I miss it.

Yeah Halo Waypoint doesn't quite live up to Halo on Bungie.net

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Friday, June 21, 2013, 22:02 (3955 days ago) @ Xenos

Part of that might have had something to do with it being half broken / not working at the time that Halo 4 came out… Who thinks Bungie.net is going to take months to come fully online after Destiny's release? I forgive 343i for a lot of Halo 4's problems, since they were trying to build a team and continue on a decade long legacy of amazing games, but that part seemed silly.

by uberfoop @, Seattle-ish, Friday, June 21, 2013, 22:14 (3955 days ago) @ Ragashingo

Part of that might have had something to do with it being half broken / not working at the time that Halo 4 came out… Who thinks Bungie.net is going to take months to come fully online after Destiny's release?

I'm not sure when bungie.net is going to feel full-featured again, but I do expect it to:

1-Have an astronomically more coherent interface than Waypoint, and
2-load things much faster than Waypoint.

Otherwise I probably won't feel like using it, like Waypoint.

by MrPadraig08 ⌂ @, Steel City, Saturday, June 22, 2013, 06:29 (3955 days ago) @ uberfoop

The problem I've always had with Waypoint is they went with an almost Flash based app that ran like an early 2000's movie promo site. It was very heavy handed and tried to hard to make everything cool looking.

B.net on the other hand, was mostly plain text and pictures with good placement and color matching. It was very utilitarian and was first and foremost a tool for the player's use.

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Saturday, June 22, 2013, 11:47 (3954 days ago) @ MrPadraig08

Couldn't agree more. Halo Waypoint works fine if you want to sit down and study your stats, but the most common way I used B.net when playing Reach was to look up the last game stats real quick between matches. Most of the time with Waypoint I barely get it loaded before the next game starts.

by Leviathan ⌂, Hotel Zanzibar, Friday, June 21, 2013, 22:34 (3955 days ago) @ MrPadraig08

Totally, that was a nice down-to-earth video. No fancy cameras and flashy crap.

Man, B.Net was my home away from home during Halo 2 and 3 (after HBO of course). It was indispensable in the creation of A Fistful of Arrows.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread