Dr. Banana's Doom Patrol F.A.Q. (Fireteam Builder Events)

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Saturday, May 14, 2016, 01:26 (2901 days ago)
edited by iconicbanana, Saturday, May 14, 2016, 01:36

Dr. Banana's Doom Patrol F.A.Q.

What am I doing here?

Christ it's early in this conversation for existential subjects. Are you lost? Do you abuse substances? Where are you going, where have you been?If the answer to question two was yes, you're in the right place. Also pm me your mailing address.

What is 'the Doom Patrol'?

Either I've been gone a while or you're new around here. The Doom Patrol was born out of a crucible fireteam builder event for the DBO xbox360 clan, and cemented in that group's steaktacular victory over the forces of this forum's admins:

Revel in that sweet glory! The 360 community has since fled to more modern environs, but we still get together sometimes and tryhard all over solo-stacks.

Sounds exclusive. Am I welcome?

Do you play defender titan? Just kidding, nice try Raga. We welcome all, scrubs and pros alike. Beard will carry you. Just don't push him off any cliffs. It was North, Beard. It was totally North.

Is Raga welcome?

I don't know, is he?

What if I really suck at crucible?

Git gud. The threshold of our patience is the extreme limit of your embarrassment.

Why would I want to play with a bunch of washed-up has-beens and stoners?

Hey now, I'm not the only guy on the team! ChaosSociety plays too and he's not washed up.

Do RobotChickens and Rellekh ever join the Doom Patrol?

I don't know, do they?

Do you guys win most of your matches? Aren't the odds stacked in your favor by mostly playing late on weekends against teams of solo players?

Wow, you got us. We're a bunch of assholes. It really depends on the night. We've gone three hours without losing and then there are nights when we play like ZackDark. Usually I suck. Some of these guys are pretty good. It's a toss up.

Hey, on that subject, why do you always play so late?

We're mostly West Coast and I live with my in-laws. They don't understand.

This is stupid, why are you bothering writing this?

This isn't the post you're looking for.

I play on PS4.

See above.

This sounds like something I'm interested in. Where can I sign up?

You got me. I have no idea. It's okay, FTB isn't for everyone. But you should probably read more.

What if you guys have a full fireteam?

We originally called this little shindig 'the Doom Train'. Somebody hops off and you can hop on. The average Doom Train rider is onboard for two stops, maybe. Although more recently people have stuck around longer, so at this point think of it more as a waiting line at the T.S.A. checkpoint. I guess I'm the B.S.A. Show up early? They usually say two hours early is good.

Are we ever going to do another Doom Patrol on xbox360

I dunno, reply to this thread and I'll gauge your interest.

Don't I know you from somewhere? or: Long Time, No See.

I was busy. Also it seems like there are less trolls around here lately. And this game is stupid. I've been really high, for like, 6 months.#legalizedit

Hey, on that subject. Can I bitch about how hard Bungie screwed up the balance issues of this game and how Halo is better in every way?

Goddamnit GV, just buckle down and shoot some scrubs. You're better seen and not heard. You're fine man, never change. But seriously stfu.

by red robber @, Crawfish Country, Saturday, May 14, 2016, 02:29 (2901 days ago) @ iconicbanana

I missed your write-ups B.

Dude, get a haircut and a real job

by Up North 65 @, Saturday, May 14, 2016, 02:29 (2901 days ago) @ iconicbanana
edited by Up North 65, Saturday, May 14, 2016, 02:35

First: I was on Charlie when Beard decided that listening to your constant drivel about some U16 soccer team in Portland was too much and woefully ended his life (guess he forgot about being immortal and such)

Second: Icebreaker was totally awesome and when were winning by 9000 points GV and I can pontificate on the finer things in the bungieverse.

Third: Pocket Infinity is not dead, just like a good classic rock band the mood must be right ie Mayhem Clash with infinite amount of special ammo to melt your opponents faces off and shower in their tears. Khovostov works as well.

Fourth: I believe you connoisseurs of the hippie lettuce should be able to consume as much as you wish without public backlash, but some of us depend on jobs where they collect urine samples for weird fettishes.

Fifth: Marvel is totally better than DC, but can I be the mummy man? We'll make Chaos the chick[image]

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Saturday, May 14, 2016, 04:21 (2901 days ago) @ iconicbanana

Wow, you got us. We're a bunch of assholes. It really depends on the night. We've gone three hours without losing and then there are nights when we play like ZackDark.

So, like, 6 to 8 hours without losing? :D

The start time is 1AM for me, so I'll sign up as tentative. Hopefully, lag won't make me wake my neighbors up with the cursing, but I can't make any promises.

by Robot Chickens, Saturday, May 14, 2016, 14:17 (2900 days ago) @ iconicbanana

Do RobotChickens and Rellekh ever join the Doom Patrol?

I don't know, do they?

We do, but these last two events have occurred when we are already committed. We were very sad to miss this one, but Beard's wife HAD to go and have a birthday today. I hope you all have fun!

Dude..

by Up North 65 @, Saturday, May 14, 2016, 14:39 (2900 days ago) @ Robot Chickens

Bask in my awesome photo editing skills. [image]

Wait...

by Claude Errera @, Saturday, May 14, 2016, 16:51 (2900 days ago) @ Robot Chickens

We do, but these last two events have occurred when we are already committed. We were very sad to miss this one, but Beard's wife HAD to go and have a birthday today. I hope you all have fun!

Beard's wife had a birthday, and HE was still playing? And YOU weren't?

Hmm... something's fishy there.

Beard's already married to her

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Saturday, May 14, 2016, 17:28 (2900 days ago) @ Claude Errera

He doesn't have to pretend to be a cool person to her anymore. ;p

Damnit

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Saturday, May 14, 2016, 23:13 (2900 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Beard's wife had a birthday, and HE was still playing? And YOU weren't?

Hmm... something's fishy there.

Shit, I knew we should have had a question about celebrities.

Does the godfather ever show up?

Do you believe in miracles?

It happened once before

by Up North 65 @, Saturday, May 14, 2016, 23:54 (2900 days ago) @ iconicbanana

Delightful color commentary included.

AsheVeil, my wife, approves of all of this

by BeardFade ⌂, Portland, OR, Sunday, May 15, 2016, 01:50 (2900 days ago) @ Up North 65

- No text -

Red's Doom Patrol Clip of the Night

by red robber @, Crawfish Country, Sunday, May 15, 2016, 05:41 (2900 days ago) @ iconicbanana

Raga came out of retirement to finish this slap and tickle fight.

Red's Doom Patrol Clip of the Night

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Monday, May 16, 2016, 00:52 (2899 days ago) @ red robber

Heh. Yeah. I couldn't see any enemies but they were on radar so I thought I might get one guy. Turned out I got three. I had at least a couple good Supers over at B on Frontier. Later in the night I got a decent Bladedance taking out three across B and the hill overlooking it in that come back win. Somebody got a trio? of Golden Gun kills at C right afterwards for the win. :)

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread