The final day in the ARG has been solved!

by UnrealCh13f @, San Luis Obispo, CA, Sunday, February 17, 2013, 02:56 (4078 days ago)
edited by UnrealCh13f, Sunday, February 17, 2013, 03:20

Just around 2:20 am this morning, ARG participants were treated to a goldmine as they solved the final puzzle in this week's ARG. Check out the reward!

http://alphalupi.bungie.net/ArraySuccessResult.html

How did they do it? Go over to args.bungie.org>Destiny>Resources>Day 7 to find out!

I would hyperlink to it, but the spam filter caught it. :/

Destiny. Music. *NM*

by uberfoop @, Seattle-ish, Sunday, February 17, 2013, 03:06 (4078 days ago) @ UnrealCh13f

Destiny. Music.

by iZac, Shanghai, Sunday, February 17, 2013, 03:26 (4078 days ago) @ uberfoop

The Choir is back!

I sense a Biggy overload in 3...2...1 *NM*

by biggy ⌂ @, Tinseltown, Sunday, February 17, 2013, 04:07 (4078 days ago) @ iZac

The Choir is back!

Destiny. Music.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Sunday, February 17, 2013, 06:18 (4078 days ago) @ iZac

I just found my new wake up alarm for my phone. Glorious.

Destiny. Music.

by breitzen @, Kansas, Sunday, February 17, 2013, 07:30 (4078 days ago) @ Kermit

I'm not finding a way to download it... Maybe I'm just missing something. Ideas? Solutions?

website is smarter than breitzen :(

Destiny. Music.

by Hypertrooper, Germany, Sunday, February 17, 2013, 07:34 (4078 days ago) @ breitzen

I'm not finding a way to download it... Maybe I'm just missing something. Ideas? Solutions?

website is smarter than breitzen :(

Right-click, save link as should help ;)

Thanks!

by breitzen @, Kansas, Sunday, February 17, 2013, 12:10 (4078 days ago) @ Hypertrooper

Wow that was simple. Guess I just thought "link" was referring to the next webpage it played on rather than the file itself! lol

Destiny. Music.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Sunday, February 17, 2013, 08:38 (4078 days ago) @ Kermit

I can't show this (or probably ever repeat it), but I just played "eighth" in iTunes and turned on the visualizer. I was blown away. White spheres figured prominently.

by Hypertrooper, Germany, Sunday, February 17, 2013, 03:14 (4078 days ago) @ UnrealCh13f

Ehmawgerd. The Destiny soundtrack sample sounds awesome. I love the build-up by the choir. It sounds so mysterious, so interesting. Oh I am excited for the reveal later this day.

And that wallpaper is ace.

by iZac, Shanghai, Sunday, February 17, 2013, 03:43 (4078 days ago) @ Hypertrooper
edited by iZac, Sunday, February 17, 2013, 03:51

Ehmawgerd. The Destiny soundtrack sample sounds awesome. I love the build-up by the choir. It sounds so mysterious, so interesting. Oh I am excited for the reveal later this day.

And that wallpaper is ace.

I'm not sure if the awesome "city" wallpaper with it's marathon logo undertones was previously available, but it's the first time I saw it,

anyway, I just did a really quick and dirty version for the iPhone res if anyone wants it

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Sunday, February 17, 2013, 09:50 (4078 days ago) @ iZac

I could alter this one, but has anyone found one for iPhone 4?

iPhone 4 and 5 wallpapers

by thebruce ⌂, Ontario, Canada, Sunday, February 17, 2013, 11:32 (4078 days ago) @ Kermit
edited by thebruce, Sunday, February 17, 2013, 11:39

Just maded a couple ;) Enjoy. They actually look pretty nice in use...

[image]

iPhone 4

iPhone 5

edit: fixed the images a bit

iPhone 4 and 5 wallpapers

by iZac, Shanghai, Sunday, February 17, 2013, 16:28 (4078 days ago) @ thebruce

Just maded a couple ;) Enjoy. They actually look pretty nice in use...

[image]

iPhone 4

iPhone 5

edit: fixed the images a bit

Much more inventive than my bodge! Great stuff

by GauntMkII, Sunday, February 17, 2013, 03:51 (4078 days ago) @ Hypertrooper

The music is brilliant, even though it's just a snippet. I can't wait to hear more of Marty's stuff now that he's working with a completely new thing.

Worth noting:

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Sunday, February 17, 2013, 04:37 (4078 days ago) @ UnrealCh13f

In the bottom right of the page is this tidbit:

Discovery is the vanguard of knowledge.
Your assistance will not go unnoticed.
Records will be kept and bring future reward.
Alert all those who made this possible.

Then there's this:

[Note: Authenticate

Follow

END DATE: 02/23/2013]

"Authenticate" and "Follow" are hyperlinked. Authenticate just goes to Bungie.net, which would seem to indicate we are to sign in to B.Net. Follow goes to the B.net profile for the Alpha Lupi user. I would bet it's a good idea to hit the "follow' button on that profile page once you're signed in...

^Yeah, do that

by RC ⌂, UK, Sunday, February 17, 2013, 07:02 (4078 days ago) @ stabbim

You wouldn't want to miss out now, would you?

Worth noting:

by Hypertrooper, Germany, Sunday, February 17, 2013, 07:36 (4078 days ago) @ stabbim

I did it. Thanks for reminding me. I was curious why the link had lead me to the Bungie page first. I am such stupid boy. haha.

Thanks!

by Beckx, Sunday, February 17, 2013, 08:36 (4078 days ago) @ stabbim

by Jillybean, Sunday, February 17, 2013, 04:56 (4078 days ago) @ UnrealCh13f

Well that's mighty purty.

And mighty spooky too.

by Pyromancy @, discovering fire every week, Sunday, February 17, 2013, 05:07 (4078 days ago) @ UnrealCh13f

[image]

Bungie.net AlphaLupi 'Signal Received' page - Background overlay

[image]
Image credit: Stephen Loftus
Host: Louis Wu - Bungie.org - Thanks

[image]
Image Credit: WikiBruce - Thanks

Many other 'ringcodes' from the past - too many to mention

by thebruce ⌂, Ontario, Canada, Sunday, February 17, 2013, 11:43 (4078 days ago) @ Pyromancy

More ring codes! Argh! There has* to be a translation...

* I really really really hope and want there to be

by Pyromancy @, discovering fire every week, Sunday, February 17, 2013, 14:59 (4078 days ago) @ thebruce

[image]
Source/Host: Marathon.Bungie.org

[image]
Source/Host: Marathon.Bungie.org

Sweet!

by breitzen @, Kansas, Sunday, February 17, 2013, 06:54 (4078 days ago) @ UnrealCh13f

Nice background! And that music... DANG. Only 3 more hours!!!!!!!

I think I just cried a little *NM*

by Mr Daax ⌂ @, aka: SSG Daax, Sunday, February 17, 2013, 07:33 (4078 days ago) @ UnrealCh13f

Bravo Marty

I teared up a bit...

by Grizzlei ⌂ @, Pacific Cloud Zone, Earth, Sunday, February 17, 2013, 07:34 (4078 days ago) @ UnrealCh13f

Amazing work as usual, Marty! :)

This has been such a classy reveal. No blurred out screens, trailers for a trailer, or promotions on Facebook to unlock media. Just enough to tease you into a modest hype and leave you questioning just what the fuck is going to be revealed. This is a fantastic marketing venture and Bungie should be very proud of themselves.

Really nice coincidence that my love and appreciation Bungie began almost 10 years ago this month with Halo: Combat Evolved.

That desktop background is awesome. *NM*

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Sunday, February 17, 2013, 07:43 (4078 days ago) @ UnrealCh13f

A Minor Note* On The Music

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Sunday, February 17, 2013, 08:22 (4078 days ago) @ UnrealCh13f

The title is Eighth, the artists are Martin O'Donnell & Michael Salvatori, Album is Destiny, but in the Comments tag it says © 2013 Bungie Music Publishing, Inc. Is that the first we've ever heard of this Bungie Music Publishing?

*Pun recognized, but not intended. :p

Oh boy, I make a post that's friendly for the spam filter...

by UnrealCh13f @, San Luis Obispo, CA, Sunday, February 17, 2013, 09:25 (4078 days ago) @ UnrealCh13f

And admins accepts the other two posts that included the ABO post. :O

Oh boy, I make a post that's friendly for the spam filter...

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Sunday, February 17, 2013, 09:27 (4078 days ago) @ UnrealCh13f

Hah, I was wondering if that's what happened. :) Thanks for keeping us notified -- work has been insane and I haven't been able to follow the ARG as much as I would have liked.

by UnrealCh13f @, San Luis Obispo, CA, Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 13:12 (4075 days ago) @ UnrealCh13f

Just around 2:20 am this morning, ARG participants were treated to a goldmine as they solved the final puzzle in this week's ARG. Check out the reward!

http://alphalupi.bungie.net/ArraySuccessResult.html

How did they do it? Go over to args.bungie.org>Destiny>Resources>Day 7 to find out!

I would hyperlink to it, but the spam filter caught it. :/

Test if bumping is possible in DBO. Sorry if it does!

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread