Carry me to the Lighthouse this weekend (Recruitment)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, June 23, 2016, 18:35 (2857 days ago)

I'm 318 and so need to be carried.

Who would like to play trials this weekend? Any time of any day but Saturday.

Carry me to the Lighthouse this weekend

by Kahzgul, Thursday, June 23, 2016, 18:37 (2857 days ago) @ Cody Miller

unrelated: Play the hell out of iron banner when it comes around next week and you should get your light level up fairly quickly. Just wear your max light gear the whole time.

Good luck with that

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Thursday, June 23, 2016, 18:46 (2857 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Myself, Ottermack, CruelLegacey, and LaidCleric have been running Trials just about every week in year two... We used to be able to get to the Lighthoise fairly routinely. We haven't made it a single time since the April update. We keep coming close, but it's been quite frustrating to fall just short. Trials matchmaking is now HEAVILY weighted towards your current ticket's win total, and light level disparities seem to matter more than they used to (although that part might just be in my head). 318 is awfully low to be competitive in Trials, even with a ringer or two on your team.

Good luck with that

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Thursday, June 23, 2016, 19:13 (2857 days ago) @ Speedracer513

Myself, Ottermack, CruelLegacey, and LaidCleric have been running Trials just about every week in year two... We used to be able to get to the Lighthoise fairly routinely. We haven't made it a single time since the April update. We keep coming close, but it's been quite frustrating to fall just short. Trials matchmaking is now HEAVILY weighted towards your current ticket's win total, and light level disparities seem to matter more than they used to (although that part might just be in my head). 318 is awfully low to be competitive in Trials, even with a ringer or two on your team.

The one time that I've run Trials in recent memory, we went 8-0 on our second ticket without much trouble before Cruel's daughter went full firehose with vomit, leaving Slycrel and me floundering 2v3, and I was only around 325 light. It should be interesting this weekend with everyone getting used to class re-balancing.

Good luck with that

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Thursday, June 23, 2016, 19:33 (2857 days ago) @ Korny

The one time that I've run Trials in recent memory, we went 8-0 on our second ticket without much trouble before Cruel's daughter went full firehose with vomit, leaving Slycrel and me floundering 2v3, and I was only around 325 light.

I'm still not convinced the enemy team didn't somehow bribe her into doing that. Maybe she's some kind of sleeper agent...

That was pretty tragic all things considered. =)

by slycrel ⌂, Thursday, June 23, 2016, 20:20 (2857 days ago) @ Korny

- No text -

Good luck with that

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, June 23, 2016, 19:14 (2857 days ago) @ Speedracer513

318 is awfully low to be competitive in Trials, even with a ringer or two on your team.

Cruel seemed to indicate otherwise. How much of a difference would it make?

I'm not looking to level up until the fall, so if it really is a problem I guess I'll just not bother.

Good luck with that

by slycrel ⌂, Thursday, June 23, 2016, 20:19 (2857 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Try it anyway. It will still be fun, you'll just not quite do lethal damage with grenades and other "1 shot" kills. If you're prepared you should do at least mediocre.

Good luck with that

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, June 23, 2016, 21:15 (2857 days ago) @ slycrel

Try it anyway. It will still be fun, you'll just not quite do lethal damage with grenades and other "1 shot" kills. If you're prepared you should do at least mediocre.

Like I said I'm free any time but saturday. Who's in and what day and time?

Good luck with that

by slycrel ⌂, Thursday, June 23, 2016, 23:30 (2856 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I'm out Sunday, I'm a maybe later in the evening Friday. Probably 9-9:30 PM pacific, though I'll need to make sure my wife has no plans for the evening.

+1

by peaksutah, Thursday, June 23, 2016, 20:08 (2857 days ago) @ Speedracer513

yep. it's not easy at 7-8 wins now.

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Thursday, June 23, 2016, 19:07 (2857 days ago) @ Cody Miller

[image]

(Light level doesn't matter much, though you should be able to hit 325+ with just a few hours of playtime. Be sure to use the microtransactionable rep boosters for more high-light loot, though.)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Monday, June 27, 2016, 13:29 (2853 days ago) @ Cody Miller

So I need to win a game of elimination for the crucible nightfall level quest before the reset. Elimination is replaced by trials. Anyone want to just make an attempt tonight? I'm at 224.

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Monday, June 27, 2016, 13:31 (2853 days ago) @ Cody Miller

So I need to win a game of elimination for the crucible nightfall level quest before the reset. Elimination is replaced by trials. Anyone want to just make an attempt tonight? I'm at 224.

If you're talking about the weekly crucible bounties, those carry over from week to week. No panic to complete them before the reset.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Monday, June 27, 2016, 15:18 (2853 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

If you're talking about the weekly crucible bounties, those carry over from week to week. No panic to complete them before the reset.

I'm talking about the bounties you get from shaxx himself. They have the timeframe of "in a week" on them. I assumed that expires on the reset given the rewards.

by squidnh3, Monday, June 27, 2016, 15:26 (2853 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Progress on the Shaxx bounties does not reset at the weekly reset. However, you can obviously only complete the 5/5 bounty once per week, so if you want the reward for this week and next week, you would have to get to 5/5 tonight.

I actually often carry these over from week to week, so I usually have 6 or 7 active. Once I get to 5/5 I'll stop turning them in and apply them to the next week's instead.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Monday, June 27, 2016, 16:08 (2853 days ago) @ squidnh3

Progress on the Shaxx bounties does not reset at the weekly reset. However, you can obviously only complete the 5/5 bounty once per week, so if you want the reward for this week and next week, you would have to get to 5/5 tonight.

I actually often carry these over from week to week, so I usually have 6 or 7 active. Once I get to 5/5 I'll stop turning them in and apply them to the next week's instead.

Oh I see. Thanks!

by slycrel ⌂, Monday, June 27, 2016, 14:10 (2853 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I'll be doing trials starting at 9:30 PST with Cruel and Peaks. If you need a 3rd maybe <= 90 minutes or so before then let me know via a PSN message, I'll try to jump online and help out.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread