Rise of Iron Raid (Fireteam Builder Events)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Wednesday, August 03, 2016, 10:49 (2816 days ago)

Opens three days after launch.

Too soon.

What is a good time frame for the PS4 crew? 7 days? 10 days? Let me know so we can do this blind, but at a decent pace.

Not soon enough*

by ProbablyLast, Wednesday, August 03, 2016, 12:42 (2816 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Should open with the expansion release, imo.

Way higher Light level

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Wednesday, August 03, 2016, 12:52 (2816 days ago) @ ProbablyLast

I, for one, agree with Cody on this one. Blind Raiding is a treat. The sooner it launches, the less likely you'll have a group of friends ready to try it, which is more likely that at least one of them will be spoiled.

Way higher Light level

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Wednesday, August 03, 2016, 12:59 (2816 days ago) @ ZackDark
edited by Cody Miller, Wednesday, August 03, 2016, 13:02

I, for one, agree with Cody on this one. Blind Raiding is a treat. The sooner it launches, the less likely you'll have a group of friends ready to try it, which is more likely that at least one of them will be spoiled.

Yeah. I say this only because there is no way the raid will be completable by a group of 335s. Rushing through the game to get strong enough to do the raid just isn't a great time. But everyone has to be super vigilant about being spoiled :-p

I think it would make world's first much more impressive.

by ProbablyLast, Wednesday, August 03, 2016, 15:11 (2816 days ago) @ ZackDark

I'm not doing the raid until even the bad players figure out how to do it so I don't have to get unreasonably angry at everyone.

So...Dec. 31st, 9999?

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Wednesday, August 03, 2016, 15:42 (2816 days ago) @ ProbablyLast

I swear to God, there are 260s and 330s out there that still don't know how to do the Vault.

And for some reason, every single one of them somehow make their way into my fireteam.

Vault is fine, imo.

by ProbablyLast, Wednesday, August 03, 2016, 17:00 (2816 days ago) @ Morpheus

Because two people being dumb can be overcome. King's Fall is one death/missed knight/bad jump from completely eliminating all progress made in the prior 5-8 minutes.

Which is cool, if you can consistently get a group of 6 players who are good at the game. The problem is, I'm in all of my groups so they are automatically down one person.

+1

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Wednesday, August 03, 2016, 18:07 (2816 days ago) @ ProbablyLast

Because two people being dumb can be overcome. King's Fall is one death/missed knight/bad jump from completely eliminating all progress made in the prior 5-8 minutes.

Which is cool, if you can consistently get a group of 6 players who are good at the game. The problem is, I'm in all of my groups so they are automatically down one person.

I do like how you can complete the entire thing with a group of only 4.

I Love It Too.

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Wednesday, August 03, 2016, 20:22 (2816 days ago) @ CyberKN

Yeah, VoG is my favorite raid--with the exception of the Gorgons--but my basic point is that there's ALWAYS going to be dummies who've never played a raid before. The best way to avoid that is to either:

A)Do a raid with the same group of people, around 6-8. A friend of mine does the raid every single day, at least six times a day(don't ask, man).

B) Let people know off the bat--experienced players only.

C) Booting the idiots?

:-)

If I did #3, everyone would hate me even more.

by ProbablyLast, Wednesday, August 03, 2016, 20:48 (2816 days ago) @ Morpheus

As I clearly have an anger problem.

I'd say...

by slycrel ⌂, Wednesday, August 03, 2016, 12:55 (2816 days ago) @ Cody Miller

...plan for 2 weeks, but re-evaluate after a week or so, see where everyone is at.

I am disappointed. The only reason I was prepared last time is I was sick and took 2 days off because of it. Had I not done that there is absolutely no way I'd have been even close to ready for the raid.

I'd say...

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Wednesday, August 03, 2016, 13:00 (2816 days ago) @ slycrel

...plan for 2 weeks, but re-evaluate after a week or so, see where everyone is at.

I am disappointed. The only reason I was prepared last time is I was sick and took 2 days off because of it. Had I not done that there is absolutely no way I'd have been even close to ready for the raid.

14 days would put it at a weekend, where the group could ostensibly spend more time on the raid and not have to worry about the next day. That's what I'm leaning towards, but again you re right tin that it could change when we see the speed of progression.

I'd say...

by bluerunner @, Music City, Wednesday, August 03, 2016, 13:25 (2816 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I plan on playing through the missions and strikes on one character during the week, and just letting natural progression from those happen. After that, I have a bunch of exotic engrams in my vault that I will use to boost my level up for the raid. That said, I also think they should have postponed the start for a week. I would like to savor the appetizers more before having the main course set in front of me.

Ditto.

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Wednesday, August 03, 2016, 13:27 (2816 days ago) @ slycrel

- No text -

Oct. 7

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Wednesday, August 03, 2016, 13:46 (2816 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I like the idea of shooting for starting the night of October 7. (Partially because that's literally one of the only weekends I have free in the next few months).

Oct. 7

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Wednesday, August 03, 2016, 13:50 (2816 days ago) @ Speedracer513

Color me interested.

Oct. 7

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Wednesday, August 03, 2016, 14:01 (2816 days ago) @ Kermit

Color me interested.

Cool! Just make sure you schedule in a nice long nap that afternoon old man ;-)

Oct. 7

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Wednesday, August 03, 2016, 14:06 (2816 days ago) @ Speedracer513

Color me interested.

Cool! Just make sure you schedule in a nice long nap that afternoon old man ;-)

The day will come when I'm caught snoring into my mike. I just know it!

Xboxers, I'm planning on two to three weeks out

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Wednesday, August 03, 2016, 13:50 (2816 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I'd like to do the raid blind again. I'd be tempted to try it on the PS4, but I think I might have trouble filling the roster with unspoiled folks in my time zone. Plus, I haven't played as much on the Xbox the last several months. Miss you all.

You know I'm in!

by breitzen @, Kansas, Wednesday, August 03, 2016, 13:52 (2816 days ago) @ Kermit

- No text -

:)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Wednesday, August 03, 2016, 14:05 (2816 days ago) @ breitzen

- No text -

):

by cheapLEY @, Wednesday, August 03, 2016, 13:57 (2816 days ago) @ Kermit

Anyone know where I can pick up an Xbox One for cheap? :P

In all seriousness, I don't think I'm even going to get this expansion any time soon. Without reliable internet service, there's not much of a point. ):

):

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Wednesday, August 03, 2016, 14:05 (2816 days ago) @ cheapLEY

- No text -

Cheap Xbox one

by BlackstarBSP, Thursday, August 04, 2016, 15:58 (2815 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I found an official Microsoft refurbed Xbox One for $190 (for when Narc visits the states) on dealnews.com (Sold through Ebay.)

Not sure if that is cheap enough, but it was the best one I found a few months ago. So in all likelihood, there are similar deals out there.

(:

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, August 04, 2016, 19:12 (2815 days ago) @ BlackstarBSP

I was just making a stupid joke. I sold my Xbox One a few weeks ago (for $200--I got lucky I was still able to get so much out of it!). (:

I am totally down!

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Wednesday, August 03, 2016, 14:10 (2816 days ago) @ Kermit

- No text -

Count me in

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Wednesday, August 03, 2016, 14:23 (2816 days ago) @ Kermit

I'll have lots of free time this semester, so odds are I'll be quite ready for the Raid by then. Except for Sundays and Wednesday, I expect to be open for really long sessions.

I'd be down as well.

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Wednesday, August 03, 2016, 14:55 (2816 days ago) @ Kermit

- No text -

by squidnh3, Wednesday, August 03, 2016, 15:38 (2816 days ago) @ Kermit

Definitely would be up for a delayed blind raid. The way my Kings Fall experience worked out was too exhausting.

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Wednesday, August 03, 2016, 15:40 (2816 days ago) @ squidnh3

Definitely would be up for a delayed blind raid. The way my Kings Fall experience worked out was too exhausting.

I would totally be up for a blind raid. But you are right, being the correct light level would definitely make it less stressful.

For people who enjoy gameplay, Xbone spoiler raid set up.

by Funkmon @, Wednesday, August 03, 2016, 14:30 (2816 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

+1. I'll link the relevant Reddit guide when available.

by ProbablyLast, Wednesday, August 03, 2016, 15:15 (2816 days ago) @ Funkmon

- No text -

For people who enjoy gameplay, Xbone spoiler raid set up.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Wednesday, August 03, 2016, 17:24 (2816 days ago) @ Funkmon

Are you saying people who want to do the raid spoiler-free don't enjoy gameplay?

He values gameplay higher than figuring out "mechanics".

by ProbablyLast, Wednesday, August 03, 2016, 17:50 (2816 days ago) @ Kermit
edited by ProbablyLast, Wednesday, August 03, 2016, 17:54

Is what I think he was trying to say.

Which is extremely agreeable, King's Fall blind was a miserably long and dull experience. First Vault clear was so much more satisfying.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Wednesday, August 03, 2016, 18:04 (2816 days ago) @ ProbablyLast

King's Fall was more difficult, but it sure felt good when we figured things out. For me it's one of the most unique and satisfying experiences I've had in gaming. Emphasis on "for me."

by ProbablyLast, Wednesday, August 03, 2016, 18:18 (2816 days ago) @ Kermit

Oh for sure. I'm probably the weirdo in that regard. Most people loved running the raid blind, but it really wasn't fun for me at all.

Of course, I'm still not a fan of the raid. So it might just be an issue with King's Fall itself.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Wednesday, August 03, 2016, 19:40 (2816 days ago) @ ProbablyLast

Oh for sure. I'm probably the weirdo in that regard. Most people loved running the raid blind, but it really wasn't fun for me at all.

Of course, I'm still not a fan of the raid. So it might just be an issue with King's Fall itself.

I completely understand.

by cheapLEY @, Wednesday, August 03, 2016, 21:19 (2816 days ago) @ Kermit

King's Fall was more difficult, but it sure felt good when we figured things out. For me it's one of the most unique and satisfying experiences I've had in gaming. Emphasis on "for me."

For me too! Just want to throw in a big thanks for everyone that played with us during that period. It was a long process, but I think I'll always remember that right up there with Halo LANs as one of my favorite gaming experiences. Sad I'll be missing out on the next one.

Rise of Iron Raid

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Thursday, August 04, 2016, 14:31 (2815 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I want to do the blind raid, but I have no idea how to answer this question. I don't know max light level or when I'll be off work or how much there will be to prepare.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread