Dear Lord, thank you for Marty...

by GrimBrother One, Saturday, July 06, 2013, 10:33 (3941 days ago)

"From heaven towards the Seven"

by TTL Demag0gue ⌂ @, Within the shadow of the Traveler, Saturday, July 06, 2013, 10:55 (3941 days ago) @ GrimBrother One

http://www.bungie.net/7_Awakening/en-us/News/News?aid=10866

for ever and ever amen.

I love the poetry from Marty's program notes. Pair it with the title of the track, and there's some thought-provoking stuff in there.

by SigbiasSilva @, West Midlands, England, Saturday, July 06, 2013, 13:42 (3941 days ago) @ GrimBrother One

Ahh, it's fantastic! And slowly our Destiny music collection grows.

Though I was expecting - well, more hoping - a music drop to be the grand finale of Bungie Week. That wish has been fulfilled! Thank you Marty. Thank you very much indeed!

by shiruken ⌂, Austin, TX, Saturday, July 06, 2013, 19:42 (3940 days ago) @ GrimBrother One

Cannot wait for the Music of the Spheres album

by Stephen Laughlin ⌂ @, Long Beach, CA, Sunday, July 07, 2013, 00:18 (3940 days ago) @ GrimBrother One

Beautiful stuff. It was a different experience standing in the center of the Ronut at E3, subwoofers rumbling and wind blasting, but I love it. I just need to add a wind machine to my audio setup.

I'm totally digging the retro synthesizer sounds in combination with the orchestral elements. Cue Blade Runner and Cosmos flashbacks. I can't wait to hear more about Music of the Spheres.

That is a song for an explorer.

by Leviathan ⌂, Hotel Zanzibar, Sunday, July 07, 2013, 10:05 (3940 days ago) @ GrimBrother One

Sometimes it sounded like Nobuo Uematsu and Vangelis had a baby and Marty adopted it and raised it of his own blood. Really excited about the new direction Bungie is heading. Every thirty seconds I was imagining a different world with its own unique species and a new mystery behind every mountain.

Keep this up Marty and team and Destiny might just be better than I'm imagining. :)

by Lurono @, Oklahoma, USA, Sunday, July 07, 2013, 21:59 (3939 days ago) @ Leviathan

Definitely agree on that explorer aspect.

Much of it was surprisingly... lighthearted? Playful? Whatever the best word is, it was much different than what I would have expected if this were another Halo title. It's great to see (hear) Marty and co. doing something a bit different. Awakening seemed a bit more personal to me, much less bombastic, at least until the end.

by Leviathan ⌂, Hotel Zanzibar, Sunday, July 07, 2013, 22:10 (3939 days ago) @ Lurono

Awakening seemed a bit more personal to me, much less bombastic, at least until the end.

I keep imagining myself sitting with my feet off the side of a slow skiff gliding across a terraformed Mars as part of a convoy, zooming in with my rifle's scope just to observe alien fauna hopping through some wild green fields atop red plateaus...

by Lurono @, Oklahoma, USA, Sunday, July 07, 2013, 22:49 (3939 days ago) @ Leviathan

Heh, no matter what I start picturing I always end visualizing the Traveler. Seeing it just hanging there silently, towering over me from any angle, simultaneously protecting me while mocking me with its mysteries.

When Destiny finally ships I'll have to spend some time wandering alone in the city just taking it all in. I don't role play in the sense that I speak/behave/etc. exactly like my character would (D&D night being the exception, of course), but when I play RPGs and RPG-like games, I try to at least feel it. Take in the sights, occasionally stop to smell the proverbial roses.

It's looking like Destiny is going to scratch all kinds of gaming itches I have!

by Mr Daax ⌂ @, aka: SSG Daax, Monday, July 08, 2013, 11:55 (3939 days ago) @ Lurono

It's looking like Destiny is going to scratch all kinds of gaming itches I have!

[image]

Hah!

by Lurono @, Oklahoma, USA, Monday, July 08, 2013, 16:05 (3938 days ago) @ Mr Daax

- No text -

by General Vagueness @, The Vault of Sass, Tuesday, July 09, 2013, 07:16 (3938 days ago) @ Lurono
edited by General Vagueness, Tuesday, July 09, 2013, 07:19

I thought the line "New music heard so deeply that it is not heard at all." sounded very much like a clue, so I listened to it sped up varying amounts, but nothing jumped out at me, and past four times normal speed I couldn't hear anything at all in VLC. I opened it in Notepad++ and searched for "deep" and a few other things but nothing popped up... I just searched for a few more and still nothing.

As for the music itself, I agree with this:

Much of it was surprisingly... lighthearted? Playful? Whatever the best word is, it was much different than what I would have expected if this were another Halo title.

I think it's OK, but not up to the standard of Halo's music (more so the earlier games and ODST).

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread