B.net is full of challenge today

by MrPadraig08 ⌂ @, Steel City, Sunday, July 07, 2013, 10:45 (3917 days ago)

Bungie's Twitter feed will be linking to forum posts all day challenging people in various ways to win loot.

Here's what I made for "What does space magic mean to you?"

[image]

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Sunday, July 07, 2013, 10:57 (3917 days ago) @ MrPadraig08

Nice.

I wasn't feeling Photoshopy today but was excited to see a writing entry. Here's my entry for "Write a short story (less than 100 words) about your favorite moment in playing a Bungie game with your friends."

Back in my sophomore year of high school a group of us pulled together some Xboxes for what we termed Halofest. There was pizza, there were hours long CTF matches, and there were the few Spartans who knew the true power of the Pistol. Then there was a lull between games well after midnight when I started up Pillar of Autumn. And now the next decade+ is history. That’s why these words are extra special to me:

“Cortana, all I need to know is did we lose them?”

“I think we both know the answer to that.”

by Avateur @, Sunday, July 07, 2013, 11:40 (3917 days ago) @ MrPadraig08

I saw yours and loved it. I'm not very great at the image making, but when I saw your post I decided to try doing my own. Here's what I posted:

[image]

OT Reply.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Sunday, July 07, 2013, 12:11 (3917 days ago) @ Avateur
edited by INSANEdrive, Sunday, July 07, 2013, 12:16

I saw yours and loved it. I'm not very great at the image making, but when I saw your post I decided to try doing my own. Here's what I posted:

[image]

That movie sucks. The Freaking dog man... the FREEK'N DOG! D:

BLAM!

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Sunday, July 07, 2013, 12:56 (3917 days ago) @ Avateur

Very nice, if pretty darn subtle. It took me a while to get it.

This is what I did for the fan art challenge

by TDSpiral ⌂ @, TDS Gaming Shack, WA, Sunday, July 07, 2013, 14:46 (3917 days ago) @ MrPadraig08

[image]

I think it turned out alright :)

This is what I did for the fan art challenge

by Avateur @, Sunday, July 07, 2013, 15:07 (3917 days ago) @ TDSpiral

That's awesome. Good luck in the contest!

It's fantastic. Good luck!

by SigbiasSilva @, West Midlands, England, Sunday, July 07, 2013, 15:44 (3917 days ago) @ TDSpiral

- No text -

TDSpiral made it :D

by Avateur @, Tuesday, July 09, 2013, 18:14 (3915 days ago) @ TDSpiral

You're in the finals! :D

Swag attack

by tarehart, Seattle, Sunday, July 07, 2013, 22:48 (3917 days ago) @ MrPadraig08

[image]

Haha.

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Sunday, July 07, 2013, 22:54 (3917 days ago) @ tarehart

- No text -

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, July 08, 2013, 12:55 (3916 days ago) @ MrPadraig08

I told a story involving me, Levi, Loftus, and Ibeechu.

http://www.bungie.net/en-us/Forum/Post?id=61064856&path=1

by Avateur @, Monday, July 08, 2013, 19:00 (3916 days ago) @ Kermit

Great job with that one. I really wanted to enter that contest, but I couldn't pick out any one thing. It was like the opposite of writer's block I guess. I had too many things to write and couldn't figure out which to go with. Probably shoulda gone with the Big Time Warthogs thing I wrote-up a while back at HBO, but in the end I decided to sit back and read what everyone else had to say. There's a lot of fun stuff in that thread. :D

hahaha I had a similar thought as you

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Monday, July 08, 2013, 23:58 (3916 days ago) @ Avateur

Great job with that one. I really wanted to enter that contest, but I couldn't pick out any one thing. It was like the opposite of writer's block I guess. I had too many things to write and couldn't figure out which to go with. Probably shoulda gone with the Big Time Warthogs thing I wrote-up a while back at HBO, but in the end I decided to sit back and read what everyone else had to say. There's a lot of fun stuff in that thread. :D

my post echoes your sentiment. I'm pretty sure it didn't fit the brief, but I felt so good writing it.

hahaha I had a similar thought as you

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Tuesday, July 09, 2013, 05:04 (3915 days ago) @ kidtsunami

Oh! I liked yours. I'd include the first time I saw a head rolling down a hill in Myth. I really loved the physics in that game.

Holy Cow!

by breitzen @, Kansas, Tuesday, July 09, 2013, 12:12 (3915 days ago) @ MrPadraig08

My Bill Nye submission made it to the finals! lol

Congrats to everyone else (especially you other DBO'rs) that made it to the finals! Good luck there are a lot of good entries!

Awesome!

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Tuesday, July 09, 2013, 12:23 (3915 days ago) @ breitzen

- No text -

Holy Cow!

by Stephen Laughlin ⌂ @, Long Beach, CA, Tuesday, July 09, 2013, 12:58 (3915 days ago) @ breitzen

Congrats to everyone else (especially you other DBO'rs) that made it to the finals! Good luck there are a lot of good entries!

Haha yes! Congrats, man. The Bill Nye is hilarious. Lot of good stuff in there. I can't believe my Peter Dinklage made it in the same category.

I did a few Photohops as well that didn't get through.

[image]

[image]

[image] (Game of Thrones reference)

Holy Cow!

by breitzen @, Kansas, Tuesday, July 09, 2013, 18:32 (3915 days ago) @ Stephen Laughlin

Thanks! Dang with all those great submissions you were sure to get in on one category!

The best of luck to you too!

Holy Cow!

by Pyromancy @, discovering fire every week, Tuesday, July 09, 2013, 16:47 (3915 days ago) @ breitzen
edited by Pyromancy, Tuesday, July 09, 2013, 16:57

Nice, that was one of the good ones I saw. Good luck to you all that made the finals.

I'm really sad I didn't make the cut in the 'Swag Attack' category. Admittedly I have no Photo editing skills, but I spent alot more time than I'd like to admit working on my submission using stupid pixlr. :( It is subtle, but better than the majority of the other ideas I noticed.

Best seen when you view the full sized image on the left
I also created a variant for fun (sorry Marty)!
O'Donnellvan, Ruler of the Ronut on the right

[image]

[image]

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread