Imago Loop Farming? (Fireteam Builder Events)

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Friday, August 26, 2016, 15:29 (2793 days ago)

Anyone want to farm for the Imago Loop this weekend? Thinking about trying this method out.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/4zp43a/how_to_imago_loop_farming_without_a_fireteam_of/

I'm not sure I understand

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Friday, August 26, 2016, 15:34 (2793 days ago) @ unoudid

He keeps saying not to kill the boss, so what are those numbers for?

by Claude Errera @, Friday, August 26, 2016, 16:16 (2793 days ago) @ ZackDark

The method requires getting very close to killing the boss, but NOT killing him (with shots). Once he's down to under 1000 points, the Titans commit suicide, and the Hunter gets really close and kills himself with Dragon's Breath. He dies, the boss dies a few seconds later from the flames. Loot drops, but the game respawns you as though you failed.

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Saturday, August 27, 2016, 12:31 (2792 days ago) @ Claude Errera

The method requires getting very close to killing the boss, but NOT killing him (with shots). Once he's down to under 1000 points, the Titans commit suicide, and the Hunter gets really close and kills himself with Dragon's Breath. He dies, the boss dies a few seconds later from the flames. Loot drops, but the game respawns you as though you failed.

Ah, it's a method for getting the kill-yourself timing as efficient as possible. Got it. Thanks :)

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Friday, August 26, 2016, 16:16 (2793 days ago) @ ZackDark

If I understand correctly, here's how you do it:
1- burn the boss down
2- everyone but 1 kill themselves
3- the last guardian alive runs up to the boss & fire dragons breath at their feet (and the bosses feet)
4- the last guardian dies
5- the boss dies during the "darkness consumed you" countdown timer,
6- boss drops loot
7- countdown timer finishes & everyone picks up the loots & starts over at #1.

Isn't just the same thing Draksis farming was?

by cheapLEY @, Friday, August 26, 2016, 16:20 (2793 days ago) @ ZackDark

- No text -

Yup, but players have to be dead first now.

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Friday, August 26, 2016, 16:34 (2793 days ago) @ cheapLEY

- No text -

Imago Loop Farming?

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Friday, August 26, 2016, 15:39 (2793 days ago) @ unoudid

I think I'm just going to wait until skeleton keys before doing any strike gear farming.

I'd be up for this on PS4 if anyone wants to give it a shot.

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Friday, August 26, 2016, 16:04 (2793 days ago) @ unoudid

- No text -

I'd be up for this on PS4 if anyone wants to give it a shot.

by DestroyoBoy, Greenville, SC, Friday, August 26, 2016, 16:25 (2793 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Hit me up Cruel, I'll be around.

Imago Loop Farming?

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Friday, August 26, 2016, 16:30 (2793 days ago) @ unoudid

Holy shit that sounds incredibly tedious.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread