Different modes

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Sunday, February 17, 2013, 10:09 (4079 days ago)

From destinythegame.com:

Unprecedented variety of FPS gameplay, including story, cooperative and competitive multiplayer modes combined with public and social activities.

So those worried about no competitive can rejoice!

Competitive? Ugh...

by Grizzlei ⌂ @, Pacific Cloud Zone, Earth, Sunday, February 17, 2013, 10:12 (4079 days ago) @ Xenos

I honestly just wanted to have virtual tea with friends and take long peaceful strolls in the Last City. Not buying. End of discussion.

IKR???

by Jillybean, Sunday, February 17, 2013, 10:15 (4079 days ago) @ Grizzlei

What is it with Americans and their hatred of tea?

IKR???

by mnemesis, Sunday, February 17, 2013, 10:19 (4079 days ago) @ Jillybean

The problem is that's it's not coffee.

IKR???

by bluerunner @, Music City, Sunday, February 17, 2013, 10:30 (4079 days ago) @ Jillybean

If it's cold and sweet it's all good.

IKR???

by kapowaz, Sunday, February 17, 2013, 14:43 (4079 days ago) @ bluerunner

If it's cold and sweet it's all good.

That's just not cricket.

IKR???

by Jabberwok, Sunday, February 17, 2013, 22:49 (4079 days ago) @ Jillybean

I'm American and I love tea and coffee.

IKR???

by Jillybean, Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 10:26 (4077 days ago) @ Jabberwok

Not possible. You must choose.

IKR???

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 10:38 (4077 days ago) @ Jillybean

Not possible. You must choose.

I choose Mountain Dew.

IKR???

by Jillybean, Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 11:27 (4077 days ago) @ Xenos

You chose . . . poorly.

Competitive? Ugh...

by Atsumi ⌂, Jefferson City, MO, Sunday, February 17, 2013, 10:15 (4079 days ago) @ Grizzlei

We can still do that, by the sounds of it.

"You can socialize and sit and watch the sun" -IGN

Competitive? Ugh...

by Kalamari @, Waiting for Ghorn, FB, and BH, Sunday, February 17, 2013, 10:21 (4079 days ago) @ Atsumi

Meh, I can socialize and sit in the sun in that other MMO, Real Life.

Competitive? Ugh...

by Grizzlei ⌂ @, Pacific Cloud Zone, Earth, Sunday, February 17, 2013, 10:23 (4079 days ago) @ Kalamari

Real Life has an active player disease/depression progression system. DO NOT WANT.

Real Life MMO

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Sunday, February 17, 2013, 10:25 (4079 days ago) @ Grizzlei

Real Life has an active player disease/depression progression system. DO NOT WANT.

Yeah but Real Life has the best romantic and social options of any MMO I've played.

Real Life MMO

by Grizzlei ⌂ @, Pacific Cloud Zone, Earth, Sunday, February 17, 2013, 10:26 (4079 days ago) @ Xenos

Yeah but Real Life has the best romantic and social options of any MMO I've played.

That is true. The sex feature is quite entertaining but they need to patch my...ehhh, this is getting weird. :P

What stood out to me

by MrPadraig08 ⌂ @, Steel City, Sunday, February 17, 2013, 10:24 (4079 days ago) @ Kalamari

"Venus looks good tonight, wanna meet there?"

"My body is ready."

What stood out to me

by Leviathan ⌂, Hotel Zanzibar, Sunday, February 17, 2013, 10:27 (4079 days ago) @ MrPadraig08

"Venus looks good tonight, wanna meet there?"

"My body is ready."

I look forward to having this conversation with you in the future, Padraig.

What stood out to me

by Kalamari @, Waiting for Ghorn, FB, and BH, Sunday, February 17, 2013, 10:40 (4079 days ago) @ MrPadraig08

Oh, god, cannot stop thinking of Uranus jokes!

Competitive? Ugh...

by General Vagueness @, The Vault of Sass, Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 17:40 (4077 days ago) @ Kalamari

yeah but then you'll have to get replacement eyes, and that feature hasn't been implemented yet

Competitive? Ugh...

by Leviathan ⌂, Hotel Zanzibar, Sunday, February 17, 2013, 10:35 (4079 days ago) @ Atsumi

We can still do that, by the sounds of it.

"You can socialize and sit and watch the sun" -IGN

Somehow I already know I'm going to be terrible at this game.

"Leviathan, what are you looking at? Bogies incoming?"

"What? No, look at this skybox. You see that ship over there, that's a variation of the Mark II Phoenix-class----"

BANG

And repeat!

GPOY *NM*

by Grizzlei ⌂ @, Pacific Cloud Zone, Earth, Sunday, February 17, 2013, 10:38 (4079 days ago) @ Leviathan

BANG

Competitive? Ugh...

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Sunday, February 17, 2013, 11:28 (4079 days ago) @ Leviathan

I'm imagining a co-op game with you, me, and Loftus. Let's hope there's a gawker character class.

Competitive? Ugh...

by LostSpartan, Sunday, February 17, 2013, 11:52 (4079 days ago) @ Kermit

Gawker class, complete with camera and journal for all your environment appreciation needs. Honestly, even as a joke, that sounds pretty awesome.

Competitive? Ugh...

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Sunday, February 17, 2013, 12:39 (4079 days ago) @ LostSpartan

Gawker class, complete with camera and journal for all your environment appreciation needs. Honestly, even as a joke, that sounds pretty awesome.

Hedge would be a general, of course.

(Is it too early to hope for film and screenshot features?)

Competitive? Ugh...

by Leviathan ⌂, Hotel Zanzibar, Sunday, February 17, 2013, 22:54 (4079 days ago) @ Kermit

Hedge would be a general, of course.

Seriously though - what about a scout class or a spy class? Hell, can I just be a cartographer? Me and Loftus can sell maps and scale models out of our pixel-hut on Venus.

Biggest gameplay choice?

by Jillybean, Sunday, February 17, 2013, 10:32 (4079 days ago) @ Xenos

Judging from the concept art, our biggest gameplay choice is going to be how raggedy our capes are . . .

Biggest gameplay choice?

by Grizzlei ⌂ @, Pacific Cloud Zone, Earth, Sunday, February 17, 2013, 10:34 (4079 days ago) @ Jillybean

Judging from the concept art, our biggest gameplay choice is going to be how raggedy our capes are

[image]

Heh. *NM*

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Sunday, February 17, 2013, 10:48 (4079 days ago) @ Grizzlei

Biggest gameplay choice?

by Onyx, Sunday, February 17, 2013, 12:44 (4079 days ago) @ Jillybean

Judging from the concept art, our biggest gameplay choice is going to be how raggedy our capes are . . .

So, burned or shredded?

Biggest gameplay choice?

by uberfoop @, Seattle-ish, Sunday, February 17, 2013, 13:08 (4079 days ago) @ Onyx

So, burned or shredded?

There will be exactly two pull-down menus in the settings UI.

One will be "cape."
The other will be "what you do to your enemies."

Each will feature the same two choices.

Persistent world == persistent cape damage

by scarab @, Sunday, February 17, 2013, 13:27 (4079 days ago) @ Jillybean

It's like the Batman games crossed with decal splatters, each rent is caused by actual weapons hits.

There is an iPhone app for mending capes, darning socks, etc. You can earn game currency by buffing other players' armor and polishing their weapons.

Persistent world == persistent cape damage

by Jillybean, Sunday, February 17, 2013, 13:40 (4079 days ago) @ scarab

The Seamstress class will be well received.

Discworld readers can't help but be disappointed.

Seamster, thank you. *NM*

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Sunday, February 17, 2013, 13:44 (4079 days ago) @ Jillybean

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread