Alpha Lupi / Music of the Spheres! *OMG IMGs*

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Friday, July 12, 2013, 23:22 (3912 days ago)

I was randomly browsing the images in my dropbox folder when I came across the (low quality version) of the upcoming Music of the Spheres disc art.

[image]

For some reason the thing that I had overlooked a dozen times hit me square in the forehead. Remember the big Alpha Lupi desktop background with the mysterious writings?

Well watch this:

[image]
[image]

[image]
[image]

[image]
[image]

[image]
[image]

[image]
[image]

[image]
[image]

Yeah. They match up. But we've got some stuff left over! Two of the songs and one of the writings from Alpha Lupi don't match up, or at least not as obviously.

[image][image] [image]

Very interesting stuff!

Nice catch!

by ncsuDuncan @, Saturday, July 13, 2013, 00:00 (3912 days ago) @ Ragashingo

- No text -

But what does it MEAN?!?

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Saturday, July 13, 2013, 00:27 (3912 days ago) @ Ragashingo

- No text -

RUIN

by Stephen Laughlin ⌂ @, Long Beach, CA, Saturday, July 13, 2013, 01:25 (3912 days ago) @ Ragashingo

[image]
[image]

This reminds me, somewhat related...I'm sure someone's found this already, but Marty's program notes that went along with the Awakening track that was released last week form an obvious acrostic:

Repeating patterns and signals enfold us day and night and in all ages.
Unmoved mover that moves all others.
Inclining from heaven towards the Seven.
New music heard so deeply that it is not heard at all.

RUIN

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Saturday, July 13, 2013, 09:50 (3912 days ago) @ Stephen Laughlin

He was probably sitting there going: "Hint hint!"

Wow, great finds!

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Saturday, July 13, 2013, 14:06 (3911 days ago) @ Stephen Laughlin

You guys make it look so easy! ;) It's like Bungie has been smacking us in the face with these all along. I picture DeeJ sitting at his desk, head in his hands, trying not to cry at our obtuseness.

by Pyromancy @, discovering fire every week, Saturday, July 13, 2013, 03:58 (3912 days ago) @ Ragashingo

Thank You, I've been banging my head on the wall trying to draw the connection between these two. It seems so simple/obvious now that you have noticed it.

I still cannot believe only 1,000 or so people have 'followed' Alpha Lupi on Bnet

by Claude Errera @, Saturday, July 13, 2013, 16:25 (3911 days ago) @ Ragashingo

Huh. So the transmission from the Success page is an excerpt from Hope...?

I definitely hear Joy building. :)

by roland ⌂ @, Sunday, July 14, 2013, 09:53 (3911 days ago) @ Ragashingo
edited by roland, Sunday, July 14, 2013, 10:31

Perhaps this has been obvious to everyone all along or came out of the Alpha Lupi analysis, but Ragashingo's post made something very clear to me...

Before I begin though, you should watch the Ronut video. If you have not, the summary of the Ronut video is that it shows the Traveler infusing all the worlds in our solar system with "Space Magic", effectively turning them from the worlds we know in real life into the worlds we will get to know in Destiny (magically altered to support life, oceans, etc.).

I was randomly browsing the images in my dropbox folder when I came across the (low quality version) of the upcoming Music of the Spheres disc art.

[image]

For some reason the thing that I had overlooked a dozen times hit me square in the forehead. Remember the big Alpha Lupi desktop background with the mysterious writings?

Well watch this:

[image]
[image]

This is either referencing the Traveler or our Sun ... it's unclear to me. The Sun could be seen as the "voice" of our solar system, moving " ... inside larger winds" which could refer to solar wind. The statement that "Only the trusted few can absorb what is necessary" sounds like it is in reference to the Traveler though, and reminds me of the Warlock harnessing the power of the Traveler.

[image]
[image]

This is clearly referencing the planet Mercury. "One side is blistered, the other plunged into a brutal chill..."

It's really interesting that this text is referencing hot oceans and nourishing atmosphere as something "you remember". This is definitely not the way we know and love Mercury today. So by giving Mercury these things did the Traveler actually RESTORE it to its former glory? Or is this just what we remember Mercury as being like, post-Traveler infused space magic?

[image]
[image]

This is Venus. "... high acid clouds ... sunlight is starved" As we know Venus today, it has a thick atmosphere of sulphuric acid clouds. The text that precedes this, "You see ruin emerging from where it has always been..." and that follows, "... will this world's second birth be its finest?" strongly implies that Venus was not always the barran and inhospitable world we know today. This suggests the Traveler came and restored Venus to it's original ocean-filled, hospitable state.

[image]
[image]

A rose is typically red. The red rock, dead valleys. This is clearly Mars. Ancient volcanoes, yes, Mars has those in spades. Fossil ocean of ice, check; geysers erupting, check. This is clearly referring to Mars.

[image]
[image]

"Even the largest body...." = Jupiter. "... half-born sun ripped by storms and supersonic wind." = Jupiter. I'm confused by the statement, "You built homes of ocean laid over stone, giant and tiny ... " Does this mean we built homes in the clouds of Jupiter?

[image]
[image]

I think this is Europa, but it could be referring to Jupiter's moon Io (which is being ripped apart by "plasmas and radiation"). Europa has an ocean of water underneath it's surface, which could be the "blaze" sitting "inside a nest of little worlds...." Where the nest of little worlds refers to Jupiters 30+ moons.

Yeah. They match up. But we've got some stuff left over! Two of the songs and one of the writings from Alpha Lupi don't match up, or at least not as obviously.

[image][image] [image]

As the name of the image file shows, this is referring to Saturn.

Very interesting stuff!

Speculative conclusion:

So, the Ronut video showed the Traveler "changing" all of the planets and worlds in our solar system. But when you take that with the statements from the Alpha Lupi ARG that Ragashingo has shown, and the statement about Venus' "ruin returning to where it has always been", it seems that perhaps the Traveler may have actually been restoring all the planets/worlds in our solar system to their original states. Maybe now that the Traveler is no longer the glowy-pulsating ball that we saw him/her as in the Ronut video, all the planets/worlds we will get to play in Destiny are currently reverting back to the states that we know them in (like they are in our real solar system).

The cool thing is that this implies that in the fiction of Destiny, all the planets we play on will be as they originally were. The Traveler "restored" them with space-magic, but now they are back to a state of decay and are turning inhospitable.

EDIT: For clarity...

Part One - Planets as we know 'em
Part Two - Traveler infuses them with space magic, turns them into what we will play in Destiny
Part Three - Traveler goes into hibernation above the City, planets are decaying back to their original state

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Sunday, July 14, 2013, 11:07 (3911 days ago) @ roland

Yep. Good stuff. Very interesting to see just what the traveler did to our planets. One small correction, the one you picked out as Europa, The Hope, is actually the Sun. Pull up the Alpha Lupi desktop and match the dot symbols to these Geomantic Figures.

by Pyromancy @, discovering fire every week, Wednesday, July 24, 2013, 18:47 (3900 days ago) @ Ragashingo
edited by Pyromancy, Wednesday, July 24, 2013, 19:02

I had an observation the other day.
I really liked this photo below, Bungie posted it in the header of the news article for the 'Awakening' track release on 07/06.

[image]
(This is an even smaller sized localized HBO preview)

I set the image (small, only 570 x 286 px) vertically aligned and zoomed as my Mobile wallpaper weeks back. It makes checking my phone so enjoyable, except that it is grainy and pixelated. Has anyone seen a larger/HQ version out there yet?

When compared to the MoTS postcard image, it looks like Jupiter is cut off and we get to see Mercury instead. I also happened to notice the Geomantic figures were different, even when the image is flipped so the suns are in the same relative location. Kinda weird. Are the Geomantic figures there just as 'set dressing'?

[image]

I was also thinking about how cool it would be if the rumored CD release (whenever that happens to be) of MoTS came with a companion DVD video Long Play of the Ronut video source for each movement. Some visual accompaniment that you can pan and scan across while enjoying the auditory experience (plus more)

by MrPadraig08 ⌂ @, Steel City, Sunday, July 14, 2013, 21:45 (3910 days ago) @ roland

And by our gifts from the traveler, we must save these worlds.

by JDQuackers ⌂ @, McMurray, PA, Monday, July 15, 2013, 07:52 (3910 days ago) @ roland

So, the Ronut video showed the Traveler "changing" all of the planets and worlds in our solar system.

And as Bungie has stated, the golden age began with the appearance of the traveler. In fact, checking the official summary of the game page:

Everything changed with the arrival of the Traveler. Long ago, it breathed new life into our system and began our Golden Age. But it did not last.

So it breathed new life (or renewed life maybe, if your theory stands) into our solar system and whether the planets are decaying back to their barren states or simply in a steady state will be interesting to see. I wonder though about whether our technology was good enough to travel the solar system prior to the traveler, or if it did more than simply change the planets' ecosystems allowing us to colonize them.

The colony ships that we see in the E3 demo in Old Russia don't look terribly different from the shuttles of today. That makes me wonder if we were able to use space magic to assist us in settling the entire solar system, or if we were limited to our own technology--which made it a slow and painful process. This might also explain how it would be easy for us to get "wiped out" by some mysterious "thing". It might not need to be a quick assault if we are limited by kinda-current technology in communication and travel.

Renewed? or Awakened?

by MrPadraig08 ⌂ @, Steel City, Monday, July 15, 2013, 08:28 (3910 days ago) @ JDQuackers

Could this be implied that the awakened started to populate the renewed planets as they may have millennia before? Could the awakened have been awoken with their mother planets?

Very interesting.

Oh, my--I like that idea. Very much, yes

by JDQuackers ⌂ @, McMurray, PA, Monday, July 15, 2013, 09:38 (3910 days ago) @ MrPadraig08

- No text -

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Monday, July 15, 2013, 08:45 (3910 days ago) @ JDQuackers

So, the Ronut video showed the Traveler "changing" all of the planets and worlds in our solar system.

And as Bungie has stated, the golden age began with the appearance of the traveler. In fact, checking the official summary of the game page:

Everything changed with the arrival of the Traveler. Long ago, it breathed new life into our system and began our Golden Age. But it did not last.

So it breathed new life (or renewed life maybe, if your theory stands) into our solar system and whether the planets are decaying back to their barren states or simply in a steady state will be interesting to see. I wonder though about whether our technology was good enough to travel the solar system prior to the traveler, or if it did more than simply change the planets' ecosystems allowing us to colonize them.

The colony ships that we see in the E3 demo in Old Russia don't look terribly different from the shuttles of today. That makes me wonder if we were able to use space magic to assist us in settling the entire solar system, or if we were limited to our own technology--which made it a slow and painful process. This might also explain how it would be easy for us to get "wiped out" by some mysterious "thing". It might not need to be a quick assault if we are limited by kinda-current technology in communication and travel.

Yep. I'm very curious to learn what level of technology Humanity was at pre-Traveler, during the Golden age, and what technolgy we have, or have left "now".

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread