Owl Sector - ARG (Destiny)

by Old Fire Thief @, Silverton, OR, Friday, September 16, 2016, 01:45 (2750 days ago)

So iit seems like the ARG mentioned in the splendor post below is official. For those who need a TL:DR for the posts below essentially doing different game activites throughoutdestiny can grant a player with temporary buffs which provide bonus xp. These can be transferred by shooting an "infected" player, or resing their ghost in pve.

On owlsector.bungie.net it appears that they are tracking the number of instances, for some end TBD (not crota).

My question is has anyone found a coorelation between game activity and infected particles? It seems to me that the pie chart on owlsector.bungie.net shows (5) buffs and their relative percentages "infected" in the game universe over time. This leads me to believe there are (5) different methods for getting infected. Each with a separate strain, some obviously more popular than others. This could be (5) playable spaces, earth, moon, venus, mars, dreadnought, but that would seem to balanced (if they were crucible maps also).

My guess is each strain relates to one of the five activites on the director (crucible weekly playlist, crucible type, daily mission, heroic strike, nightfall). That would account for the vast discrepency in infection types, as well as the general trend over time. Can anyone remember being a patient zero for any infection (didnt get it from someone) and where they were?

Thoughts?

Owl Sector - ARG

by Harmanimus @, Friday, September 16, 2016, 02:09 (2750 days ago) @ Old Fire Thief

Thus far I was only successful in a single contraction, and I don't actually know from what during the Dust Palace strike, from the director. So not from one of the "Front Page" activities.

And it looks like the ARG page is updating with some notable frequency. Now two from some group of the city (Whatever the ruling council is? I don't recognize the names given off hand.) and a line of discussion within the Vanguard.

It's interesting. I'm probably going to stay up later tonight than is otherwise suggestible because this is interesting.

Owl Sector - ARG

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Friday, September 16, 2016, 02:59 (2750 days ago) @ Old Fire Thief

I picked up Hope, Magnificence, and Brilliance from a single game of Rumble on Pantheon. Played several more without picking up either of the other two. I've read rumors that you can only be infected the one time. You can pick up multiple infections at once, but what you get on that first shot is all you're going to get.

-Disciple

I see Splendor in abundance in PvP

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Friday, September 16, 2016, 03:31 (2750 days ago) @ DiscipleN2k

Almost everyone has it, but I've not seen any others except a single Green one and a single pink.

Im very likely seeing different people though, on account of being in the UK.

Owl Sector - ARG

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Friday, September 16, 2016, 03:01 (2750 days ago) @ Old Fire Thief

I've been watching some of the main Destiny Streamers on Twitch pretty much since the ARG started this afternoon. There is obviously a lot to be discovered still, but in reply to some of your conjecture, there are a few things that seem pretty certain so far...

There is no set way to get each infection. They are not tied to locations or gametypes or methods of getting a kill. Any of them can be contracted in the same manner. They seem to be tied to some sort of transfer of light (generally kills) between guardians - whether that is killing an enemy with a super (in which case you contract the infection(s) that guardian had), or picking up orbs from one of your teammate's kills, or getting a melee kill.

Once you have contracted one (or more) infections in whatever crucible match or strike you were in when you got it, you will not be able to contract any more (at least not yet). There is some speculation that it is intended that we will be able to contract one more infection per day up until RoI releases - and with five days and five infections, that is a plausible guess. But if you get one in a crucible match, no amount of playing in any gametype will give you another one - at this point at least. (It is possible to get multiples at once - but there is still no proof that you can get another one after you got your initial infection(s)).

There are many people that think (and I tend to agree with this theory) that it is not actually intended that we be able to get more than one per day. Everyone that has gotten multiple infections got them pretty much simultaneously - generally from killing multiple people with one super or picking up a friendly orb that was generated by a super that killed multiple people. So, it might be a "bug" that many people have gotten more than one at a time.

It appears that 'Magnificence' has only been spread on the Xbox so far, while 'Splendor' has only spread on the Playstation. The other three are spreading throughout both systems. (This was the case as of a few hours ago at least, and I believe that hasn't changed yet).

The owlsector.bungie.net website is updating more or less every hour, showing how much each infection is spreading, and text transmissions appear to be unlocking (on the "Owl Sector Records" page) as each infection hits certain pre-determined thresholds.

As of the time of this post, there are posts unlocked under 'Brilliance', 'Splendor', and 'Magnificence' - with 'Brilliance' having had a second post unlocked most recently. If you look closer at the squares next to each infection, it appears that those are loading bars. ('Brilliance' with two posts is currently a thicker bar than either 'Splendor' or 'Magnificence' with one each, and the other two are empty (with no posts as of yet). This leads us to believe that each of the five will eventually have several paragraphs of text unlocked as the infections spread more and more throughout the weekend.

Much of the text unlocked so far refers to specific locations and characters such as Clovis Bray and Rasputin. (Also, it is interesting to note that "OWL" stands for "Orbital Weapon Lancet" and the whole theme of this is very related to Rasputin and the warminds and the advance of SIVA technology). However, even though the text seems to point to in-game locations, after hours and hours of digging in those locations, no one has been able to trigger anything that leads to any additional clues. I am willing to bet that there will be some in-game locations and events unlocking throughout the weekend as part of this.

I think that's about all we know for now...

Teawrex just got all five on one character from someone else

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Friday, September 16, 2016, 03:13 (2750 days ago) @ Speedracer513

Trading super kills in a private match seems to be a guaranteed way to transfer.

Teawrex just got all five on one character from someone else

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Friday, September 16, 2016, 03:15 (2750 days ago) @ CyberKN

Trading super kills in a private match seems to be a guaranteed way to transfer.

Yeah, I've been watching him all night, and of course he does that just minutes after I hit submit on my lengthy post! :-)

So how exactly is any of this an ARG?

by Avateur @, Friday, September 16, 2016, 03:18 (2750 days ago) @ Speedracer513
edited by Avateur, Friday, September 16, 2016, 03:48

This is looking more like viral marketing than anything. I'm open to seeing where this goes, but this doesn't quite pass muster for an ARG.

So how exactly is any of this an ARG?

by Old Fire Thief @, Silverton, OR, Friday, September 16, 2016, 10:07 (2750 days ago) @ Avateur

This is looking more like viral marketing than anything. I'm open to seeing where this goes, but this doesn't quite pass muster for an ARG.

I have to agree with you, but its a good label to understand what is going on.

I have now collected an inordinate number of bee varieties

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Friday, September 16, 2016, 03:56 (2750 days ago) @ Speedracer513

[image]

send help. again.

Owl Sector - ARG

by Up North 65 @, Friday, September 16, 2016, 03:23 (2750 days ago) @ Speedracer513

Glory just updated. And how do we know for sure its a orbital drop weapon? Everything between OWL and the Orbital Drop Lancet of Greg Bear's book seems like speculation.

Owl Sector - ARG

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Friday, September 16, 2016, 03:47 (2750 days ago) @ Up North 65

Glory just updated. And how do we know for sure its a orbital drop weapon? Everything between OWL and the Orbital Drop Lancet of Greg Bear's book seems like speculation.

Sure... but then again everything at this point will be speculation. :-)

It's worth checking out Byf's latest video, especially where he talks about OWL and Rasputin starting at around 7:00 into the video.

Owl sector - spoiler

by Old Fire Thief @, Silverton, OR, Friday, September 16, 2016, 10:04 (2750 days ago) @ Speedracer513

This is some great information. I have a feeling all of this is going to lead;

To the bunker discovered underneath the clovis bray building. There was a guy who was able to glitch down the elevators in the dust palace strike to access a hidden bjnker. There was a SIVA artifact there and a dead ghost. Seemingly the only confirmed new geometry in the game so far

Just how to trigger it...

I've been there! You can go, too!

by Kahzgul, Friday, September 16, 2016, 20:39 (2749 days ago) @ Old Fire Thief

This is some great information. I have a feeling all of this is going to lead;

To the bunker discovered underneath the clovis bray building. There was a guy who was able to glitch down the elevators in the dust palace strike to access a hidden bjnker. There was a SIVA artifact there and a dead ghost. Seemingly the only confirmed new geometry in the game so far

Just how to trigger it...

I went there last night! It's pretty cool, but seems to be more about EXO creation than about SIVA (though there is a siva artifact... it looks just like a shard from TTK, except it's red). Also a new grimoire card from a ghost down there, but not much else to see.

If you want to check it out, go to the dust palace area of mars on patrol. Get all the way to the final area where (if you were in the strike). Once the name of that area appears on your screen, go back into the three level room with the elevator shaft in the middle. Stand on the elevator and kill yourself with a rocket. You should respawn in the new room.

Owl Sector - ARG

by Old Fire Thief @, Silverton, OR, Friday, September 16, 2016, 11:10 (2750 days ago) @ Old Fire Thief

Anyways... I picked up all (5). Ill infect if anyone wants them on Xbone.

At once or in batches?

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Friday, September 16, 2016, 11:18 (2750 days ago) @ Old Fire Thief

I mean, did you pick all five in the same session (match, strike, etc) or did it take multiple sessions?

I hope it's not really limited to a single transmission

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Friday, September 16, 2016, 12:10 (2750 days ago) @ ZackDark

If you can only get all 5 at once, rather than one at a time, that kind of screws those first wave, patient zero players.

+1

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Friday, September 16, 2016, 12:21 (2750 days ago) @ someotherguy

Though "screw" might be an exaggeration

+1

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Friday, September 16, 2016, 12:44 (2750 days ago) @ ZackDark

Well, sure. For all we know having all 5 might do literally nothing. But if it does, I for one will be a little salty.

by Old Fire Thief @, Silverton, OR, Friday, September 16, 2016, 13:56 (2750 days ago) @ someotherguy

Ya, i dunno. I got them from a carrier, but it would be cool to get the "patient zero" experience. I think it made sence to have to pick one up a day, for (5) days, but i just killed a guy who had them all.

by Old Fire Thief @, Silverton, OR, Friday, September 16, 2016, 19:35 (2749 days ago) @ someotherguy

Someone was speculating that there would be the opportunity for one new transfer a day, for each of the (5) days, but i dunno about that. I have not seen anyone getting to "add" an infection, but clean characters can get many at once.

At once or in batches?

by Old Fire Thief @, Silverton, OR, Friday, September 16, 2016, 13:55 (2750 days ago) @ ZackDark

All at once from another guy who had five

Ok

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Friday, September 16, 2016, 15:02 (2750 days ago) @ Old Fire Thief

I was just trying to see if there was the possibility. Still no indication there's a way. :(

Eh, guess my Hunter could get all 5 at once too.

Ok

by Kahzgul, Friday, September 16, 2016, 20:35 (2749 days ago) @ ZackDark

I was just trying to see if there was the possibility. Still no indication there's a way. :(

Eh, guess my Hunter could get all 5 at once too.

There's definitely a way, because how did that other guardian get 5 at once? As far as we know the only way to get them outside of the crucible is in strikes, where you get one at a time. IN the crucible you get all of the ones that were on the guy you killed, assuming you didn't have any at that point.

At some point there was a missing link here, where someone with one buff got a second buff for the very first time. And when someone with two got a third. And so on.

There is definitely a way to do it.

My guess is one transmission per day, per character.

You can get from multiple people within the same session

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Friday, September 16, 2016, 21:14 (2749 days ago) @ Kahzgul

The dude that got 5 of them did it like that. He arranged a Private Match with all the Mites spread out across multiple Guardians and managed to kill/revive/whatever all of them in a way to get all 5 infections.

My body is ready

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Friday, September 16, 2016, 12:05 (2750 days ago) @ Old Fire Thief

- No text -

So Many Bugs!

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Friday, September 16, 2016, 14:47 (2750 days ago) @ Old Fire Thief

This is just three of them.
[image]
I can't imagine the mess a whole swarm of 5 will make :)

-Disciple

So Many Bugs!

by Old Fire Thief @, Silverton, OR, Friday, September 16, 2016, 19:36 (2749 days ago) @ DiscipleN2k

Makes me feel a bit like a walking glitter bomb

I've got 5 on two of my 3 dudes

by Kahzgul, Friday, September 16, 2016, 20:36 (2749 days ago) @ Old Fire Thief

And it looks like I'm wearing a disco ball on my head.

Fun note: When you die to a "disintegration" type attack, such as blade dancer or a fusion rifle, the disco ball sort of bounces off on its own before it eventually fades away.

Owl Sector - ARG

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Friday, September 16, 2016, 12:24 (2750 days ago) @ Old Fire Thief

Magnificence 2.0:
Report of Bypass Authority Berriole, OS-I6 2, for Owl Sector records, assigned to incident TRANSMISSION.

Nothing unusual to report during approach and landing. Standard Cabal and Vex presence, still in conflict, and easily evaded. I was drawn to signs of disturbance in a section marked as unexplored. Following those signs, and unlocking the doors in my path, I climbed five floors to a derelict laboratory with a view of the rosy plains and a computer half buried in dust.

Jackpot.

I love these vintage rigs. So graceful. So elegant. Mementos of a brighter time. They tend to be banged around a bit before I get my hands on them, but this one was pristine. I powered it up, ran a few traces and queries, and brought up the last authentication: one Dr. Shirazi, a scientist, working for Willa Bray. Something secret. The hashed password is twice the average length. I will submit my next report when I have cracked it.

We know from the item description for In Good Temper (a step in a quest but I don't remember which one) that:

"The unique datastatic structure of relic crystals inspired Doctor Willa Bray to develop the first engram matter-encryption techniques during the Golden Age." —Ghost

And Bungie has previously stated that SIVA has a lot to do with engram tech.

Tech Mites

by Pyromancy @, discovering fire every week, Friday, September 16, 2016, 14:39 (2750 days ago) @ Old Fire Thief

From the THAB:

And finally, we are aware of an unauthorized transmission of tech mites in the Crucible. Early reports indicate that this is resulting in increased XP gains, but we have yet to substantiate those claims.

tech vs Tech

by Pyromancy @, discovering fire every week, Friday, September 16, 2016, 20:25 (2749 days ago) @ Pyromancy

In the past we have gathered sensor mites. Any relation to tech mites?
There is not much to go off of here. These were harvested off dead enemies when they were killed and were never characterized by an item or icon I don't believe. The bounty tracker counter just added up the total as you went I think.

[image]

Also in the Destiny world 'Tech' is an often used abbreviation for Techeun. Any relation there? The distinction here may be the lower case 't' used so far in OwlSector/THAB vs. the capital 'T'?

Unrelated: A few days/weeks ago I noticed an image I don't remember ever seeing before on Frank Cap' III's Art Station. It is labeled as Tech Witch's Inter-face.
[image]

Owl Sector - ARG

by Up North 65 @, Friday, September 16, 2016, 15:14 (2750 days ago) @ Old Fire Thief

Played a couple games this morning and didn't receive any new buffs. And there's several new entries up on the owl sector website.

Is it just me....?

by Mid7night ⌂ @, Rocket BSCHSHCSHSHCCHGGH!!!!!!, Friday, September 16, 2016, 18:01 (2749 days ago) @ Old Fire Thief

I just read through all the available text on the Owl Sector site (as of posting), and it appears these Tech Mites are something the Vanguard are concerned about.

I don't think it makes much sense to create something you DON'T want your community to gather/share, but from a story standpoint do you think these actually might be something we want to avoid catching all of? Just spitballing....

Is it just me....?

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Friday, September 16, 2016, 18:13 (2749 days ago) @ Mid7night

I just read through all the available text on the Owl Sector site (as of posting), and it appears these Tech Mites are something the Vanguard are concerned about.

I don't think it makes much sense to create something you DON'T want your community to gather/share, but from a story standpoint do you think these actually might be something we want to avoid catching all of? Just spitballing....

I agree. It goes against promotion strategy. On one hand, if they are good it promotes people playing more (because of the experience bonus) but at the same time the story makes it sound like they are bad for you... I don't really get it myself. It's really contradicting.

Is it just me....?

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Friday, September 16, 2016, 18:24 (2749 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

I agree. It goes against promotion strategy. On one hand, if they are good it promotes people playing more (because of the experience bonus) but at the same time the story makes it sound like they are bad for you... I don't really get it myself. It's really contradicting.

Maybe once ROI comes out you'll have to go through a quest to "cleanse" yourself of these things for some reason we don't know of yet? Perhaps if you don't you can't go near SIVA without the "tech mites" being controlled by the fallen and hurting you or something similar?

Is it just me....?

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Friday, September 16, 2016, 18:32 (2749 days ago) @ Blackt1g3r

Maybe once ROI comes out you'll have to go through a quest to "cleanse" yourself of these things for some reason we don't know of yet? Perhaps if you don't you can't go near SIVA without the "tech mites" being controlled by the fallen and hurting you or something similar?

Or maybe this is from Charlemagne and it's actually going to protect us from actual SIVA.

Is it just me....?

by Old Fire Thief @, Silverton, OR, Friday, September 16, 2016, 19:40 (2749 days ago) @ Blackt1g3r

Alternately, these are a good technology which then went rampant and became/ parallel development into SIVA. Kinda like healthy bacteria vs bad bacteria. I DID save one alt to not get infected tho, just for contingency sake.

But what about kinderguardians?

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Friday, September 16, 2016, 19:57 (2749 days ago) @ Blackt1g3r

They're definitely not going to be infected, are they?

I kind of like it

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Friday, September 16, 2016, 18:41 (2749 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

The way its being presented is that the Guardians, being nigh-immortal god-killing murder machines, are kind of lunatic goofballs. The light has fried their brains, they dance all the time, they kill rach other (and themselves) for laughs, and are generally a very useful but very dangerous liability.

They are restricted to the Tower, after all. So narratively, everyone else knows this is a bad thing. But the far-gone lunatics who fear nothing are just happy to have some flashy colourful lights.

I kind of like it

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Friday, September 16, 2016, 18:47 (2749 days ago) @ someotherguy

The way its being presented is that the Guardians, being nigh-immortal god-killing murder machines, are kind of lunatic goofballs. The light has fried their brains, they dance all the time, they kill rach other (and themselves) for laughs, and are generally a very useful but very dangerous liability.

They are restricted to the Tower, after all. So narratively, everyone else knows this is a bad thing. But the far-gone lunatics who fear nothing are just happy to have some flashy colourful lights.

Don't forget they jump on Caydes Table! It was really funny, because when I read that line, there was some background color obscuring it a little bit and I thought it said "They’re not good at staying off my table, either. Strikers." instead of "Stinkers" And I felt bad for a second because I do it ALL the time :-D

I kind of like it

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Friday, September 16, 2016, 19:11 (2749 days ago) @ someotherguy

Right, it sounds like the Vanguard and maybe some of The City's other leadership knows that random glowing tech mites from a Clovis Bray facility are bad news. But to us Guardians? What can they possibly do to us? Kill us? We'd be more concerned if they somehow permanently damaged one of our cloaks or armor shaders.

Now, some of this Guardians being crazy stuff is probably just being played for laughs by Bungie, but there's likely some in-universe truth to it as well. It's probably why the attack on Crota's forces at the moon went so terribly wrong. We sent a force of thousands of immortal superheroes who very quickly found out that they weren't so immortal after all...

I'm still not so sure why Twilight Gap went so badly though. Did the combined Fallen forces have something to permanently kill Guardians at that battle? Similarly, how did Petra manage to accidentally kill some Guardians by ordering an airstrike on a Fallen position?

I kind of like it

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Friday, September 16, 2016, 19:26 (2749 days ago) @ Ragashingo

I'm still not so sure why Twilight Gap went so badly though. Did the combined Fallen forces have something to permanently kill Guardians at that battle? Similarly, how did Petra manage to accidentally kill some Guardians by ordering an airstrike on a Fallen position?

If the Guardian's Ghost is destroyed the Guardian can't be revived. So I imagined when I read it that she used big enough ordnance that their Ghosts were also destroyed. There is obviously some disconnect there from the game since we can respawn at the last checkpoint even in a darkness zone, but the lore seems to imply in a darkness zone if you die, you can only be manually revived, if a team wiped, they're dead for good.

I kind of like it

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Friday, September 16, 2016, 19:48 (2749 days ago) @ Xenos

If the Guardian's Ghost is destroyed the Guardian can't be revived. So I imagined when I read it that she used big enough ordnance that their Ghosts were also destroyed. There is obviously some disconnect there from the game since we can respawn at the last checkpoint even in a darkness zone, but the lore seems to imply in a darkness zone if you die, you can only be manually revived, if a team wiped, they're dead for good.

so what happens lore wise when we revive a dead ghost and it floats away? can he not go find his long-dead guardian and revive him?

I kind of like it

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Friday, September 16, 2016, 19:51 (2749 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

so what happens lore wise when we revive a dead ghost and it floats away? can he not go find his long-dead guardian and revive him?

I actually don't know for sure what the official lore on dead ghosts are, aside from the Grimoire card. I get the impression that we aren't actually fully reviving them, just powering them to get information from them.

I kind of like it

by Harmanimus @, Friday, September 16, 2016, 19:52 (2749 days ago) @ Xenos

Yeah, it always felt like we were putting some of our light into them. And like most folklore around speaking to the dead, it's temporary. Otherwise that Guardian right where we woke up the hive would probably have a lot of information to share, and the event would be much less somber.

I kind of like it

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Friday, September 16, 2016, 19:55 (2749 days ago) @ Xenos

Right. But then how the heck did we get on board the Dreadnought?

I kind of like it

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Friday, September 16, 2016, 19:56 (2749 days ago) @ Ragashingo

Right. But then how the heck did we get on board the Dreadnought?

You mean when Eris's ship was blown up? I don't think we were revived, I think Ghost used the transmat thing he does to get us onto planets to get us there. I assume it has a distance limit, so the ship had to be close enough for him to use it. The Ghost even says something like "That was close!" if I remember correctly.

I kind of like it

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Friday, September 16, 2016, 19:34 (2749 days ago) @ someotherguy

Your characterization makes me smile. Can you imagine the havoc we'd cause if they ever let us have the night off in the City? I, for one, can't wait to visit the City's equivalent of Club Errera.

We are going to be fighting a plague...

by slycrel ⌂, Friday, September 16, 2016, 21:30 (2749 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

...I bet everyone gets it and part of the questline is to cure yourself. Or others. Or find the cure. Something like that.

More on Glory 2.1 and debts to Clovis Bray.

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Saturday, September 17, 2016, 03:55 (2749 days ago) @ Old Fire Thief
edited by Ragashingo, Saturday, September 17, 2016, 04:26

From the (currently newest log added to the Glory 2.1 transcripts:

Owl Sector Debrief to Ikora Rey, OS-I6 4

SHU: Have you seen this?

Z. SHIRAZI CB-PZ-1.5
Patient E, Jun, has been uncooperative. Laughed unpleasantly when I told him he would receive Glory 2.1.

"You're running prototypes in parallel because it's cheaper and faster," he said. "No ethics board on Earth would approve. But I don't have a choice. I’m neck-deep in debt to Clovis Bray."

I wish we had tweaked these elixirs to modify disposition.

IR: You wished to introduce me to your Golden Age analogue?
SHU: Ha. Ha. No, I thought you'd be interested in Jun. This kind of coercion isn't a known Clovis Bray practice.
IR: Not in the books you read, perhaps.
SHU: But it's in the record?
IR: It's in the record.

We in fact do have at least one other record of Clovis Bray coercing someone who is in debt to them. From Cadye-6's notes in Treasure Island:

Afterwards, fuming. Clovis Bray sends me a bill for the hull damage. My fault the target put a blast wall between us. My fault thugs went wrong and we had to let our rifles do the talking.

(Next page)

I tear the packet open. Tattered prices of the envelope drift to the floor.

Surprise. It's not just a bill. There's a job offer tucked in. Seems old Bray's been looking for someone like me. Willing to forgive my debt, and not just for the orbital station.
All of it.

Suddenly, I ain't so mad anymore.

Clovis Bray, the mega corp, and the various members of the Bray family had their hands in a lot of things. Interestingly, their influence seems extend all way from the Golden Age, where Willa Bray helped develope engram technology, to even as recent as the battle of Twilight Gap where Ana Bray fought as a Hunter. Is that just luck or fate, or did the Bray family somehow manage to exert influence beyond the collapse of the Golden Age?

Late observations about Willa Bray and engrams...

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Saturday, September 17, 2016, 04:04 (2749 days ago) @ Ragashingo

I feel a bit dumb for taking so long to notice but:

Glory 2.1 - White - Common
Brilliance 3.2 - Green - Uncommon
Magnificence 2.0 - Blue - Rare
Fortitude 3.1 Purple - Legendary
Splendor 2.6 - Gold - Exotic

Once again, it's been said that SIVA and engrams technology are closely linked and these tech mites just happen to line up with engrams color?!

Wow ripoff tie in confirmed!

by Kahzgul, Saturday, September 17, 2016, 13:47 (2749 days ago) @ Ragashingo

I feel a bit dumb for taking so long to notice but:

Glory 2.1 - White - Common
Brilliance 3.2 - Green - Uncommon
Magnificence 2.0 - Blue - Rare
Fortitude 3.1 Purple - Legendary
Splendor 2.6 - Gold - Exotic

Once again, it's been said that SIVA and engrams technology are closely linked and these tech mites just happen to line up with engrams color?!

So we all know that Destiny (and basically every other loot game ever) completely ripped off World of Warcraft's loot color table, right? Well guess what, WoW had one tier of loot originally planned... Artifacts. and they were RED.

And what color is SIVA? RED!!!11!!1

GET HYPED FOR RED ENGRAMS!

(Also put on your tinfoil hats because we've had no confirmation at all that there would be red engrams)

Regicide has red engrams

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Saturday, September 17, 2016, 13:59 (2749 days ago) @ Kahzgul

Tinfoil confirmed!

*Spinfoil

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Saturday, September 17, 2016, 14:18 (2749 days ago) @ ZackDark

- No text -

Touche

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Saturday, September 17, 2016, 14:25 (2749 days ago) @ someotherguy

- No text -

Jun is starting to lose it now,has he called anyone Mom yet?

by Pyromancy @, discovering fire every week, Sunday, September 18, 2016, 03:11 (2748 days ago) @ Ragashingo

- No text -

Yeah, that was Jorge. Needed to do the joke though

by Pyromancy @, discovering fire every week, Sunday, September 18, 2016, 03:12 (2748 days ago) @ Pyromancy

- No text -

Owl Sector - ARG

by Durandal, Saturday, September 17, 2016, 15:46 (2749 days ago) @ Old Fire Thief

I got them all at once, from another player in a strike randomly. I'm not sure what action triggered it.

Tech mites may be precursors to the SIVA type nanotechnology. Designed for specific tasks like the spin metal colonies, but in this case they seem to increase the player's aggression. So military? A psy-ops type weapon?

Owl Sector - ARG

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Saturday, September 17, 2016, 16:52 (2749 days ago) @ Durandal

From the latest Magnificent 2.0:

I can see them now. Blue beadlike or beelike particles swarming around Patient A's head. I wonder what took me so long.

This effect was not intentional. We directed the nanoparticles to strengthen the subject's immune system, reinforce skeletons, exoskeletons, joints, and musculature, and accelerate synapse and logic board signaling. This should all have been invisible and internal. What does it mean?

And from Splendor 2.6:

Records of the Vanguard, OS-I6 4

Transmitted from Owl Sector's Bypass Authority, Dust Palace, Mars.

Z. SHIRAZI CB-PZ-2.3

Patient C reports yellow artifacts on the edge of her vision but remains excited about the potential of this project. She argued for taking strength and intelligence tests three times a day rather than daily. I saw no harm in this. There were clear improvements in her performance six hours after injection, in line with results from the other conscious patients.

This innovative therapy holds great promise for our colonization program. We can cut years off the construction timetable of a city. We can reduce the decompression and adjustment period of new colonists. This is a world-changing study, and I am glad to have such a motivated subject.

So... some kind of all around nanotechnology booster? But why inject people or whatever? Do Frames or Exos not exist? Maybe not Exos yet (as my theory has them being pushed into development to combat a Vex incursion on Venus later on) but surely Frames by this point.

Why inject on Frames, though?

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Saturday, September 17, 2016, 18:08 (2748 days ago) @ Ragashingo

It seems the effects are meant for people and perhaps animal testing is banned by the Golden Age?

Why inject on Frames, though?

by Up North 65 @, Saturday, September 17, 2016, 21:25 (2748 days ago) @ ZackDark

One of the glory transmissions has a pagient talking about how an earth ethics board wouldn't approve of the experiments. Also in the Drs first log she talks about willing volunteers to test on. Makes this whole experiment feel shady to me.

I like that the aesthetic is similar to in game terminals

by Pyromancy @, discovering fire every week, Saturday, September 17, 2016, 22:53 (2748 days ago) @ Old Fire Thief
edited by Pyromancy, Saturday, September 17, 2016, 22:59

I like that the aesthetic for the Owl Sector backgrounds are similar to the in game Vanguard terminals, but hacked or screen tearing.

This isn't what they are, but the simplest way to describe them is a '00' and '88'. These symbols have been appearing on terminal and computer screen concept art since before the game released.

Not everyone would notice or realize the consistency/stylization guidance utilized

[image]
(credit: Joe Cross - Art Station)

Agreed, feels like we’re in the Tower looking at a report

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Saturday, September 17, 2016, 22:59 (2748 days ago) @ Pyromancy

- No text -

If only it was in the corner of The Tower somewhere...*sigh*

by Pyromancy @, discovering fire every week, Saturday, September 17, 2016, 23:03 (2748 days ago) @ Beorn

- No text -

How cool would that be?!

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Saturday, September 17, 2016, 23:13 (2748 days ago) @ Pyromancy

- No text -

Story/canon wise it might qualify as a Tower breach though?

by Pyromancy @, discovering fire every week, Saturday, September 17, 2016, 23:33 (2748 days ago) @ Beorn

- No text -

Blue bugs can fly???

by Old Fire Thief @, Silverton, OR, Sunday, September 18, 2016, 00:10 (2748 days ago) @ Old Fire Thief

Magnificence 2.0 update:

Report of Bypass Authority Berriole, OS-I6 6, for Owl Sector records, assigned to incident TRANSMISSION.

Shun, Quist, you've gone silent and I don't know why. I am alarmed, but in the absence of updated orders, I am remaining on site to finish extracting the Shirazi logs. I hope that you and the City remain in good health.

Z. SHIRAZI CB-PZ-4.1
Patient A appears to be walking two inches above the ground. It is unclear why this has happened. The soles of her feet have turned blue. She is alarmed and delighted by turn. This of course complicates our strength tests.

Thats officially the only one i want...

Goddamn Chroma fudging everything

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Sunday, September 18, 2016, 08:21 (2748 days ago) @ Old Fire Thief

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread