Customs Night: Destiny edition (Recruitment)

by General Vagueness @, The Vault of Sass, Saturday, October 01, 2016, 21:15 (2734 days ago)

Hello again, DBO. Things have been hectic but I'd like to try this again (or, again again). It's simple: we get in a private match and play whatever we feel like for however long we want and most likely have some idle conversation.

Fireteam event: http://destiny.bungie.org/forum/index.php?mode=fireteambuilder&event=1979
(you can also join on "Gnrl Vagueness" on the Xbox One)

I saw some videos the other day that gave me some ideas for what we can do if standard games (like Clash) and semi-standard games (like "let's all use year 1 gear" or "let's only use abilities") get too boring. My favorites are this:

and this:

and this:

These do involve honor rules, but if you guys are up for them I think they could be really fun. There are a lot of other ideas out there too, and they can get pretty specific, like matches for Hunters, Titans, or Warlocks.

This will hopefully start at 9:00 PM EST-- tonight.

but that's only two hours from now

Like I said, things have been hectic around here-- birthdays, jobs, school, getting sick, etc. If you've had a hectic month too, why not come blow off some steam?

Customs Night: Destiny edition

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Saturday, October 01, 2016, 21:51 (2734 days ago) @ General Vagueness

I saw some videos the other day that gave me some ideas for what we can do if standard games (like Clash) and semi-standard games (like "let's all use year 1 gear" or "let's only use abilities") get too boring. My favorites are this:

Hey, Springboob Squirepin stole my idea!

No HUD matches

by Kahzgul, Monday, October 03, 2016, 22:44 (2732 days ago) @ General Vagueness

I would love to play some custom matches where everyone agrees to play with the HUD turned off. I think it would be great!

No HUD matches

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Monday, October 03, 2016, 22:50 (2732 days ago) @ Kahzgul

We tried that a bit for Kermit's screenshot activity and it was fun but kind of confusing!

No HUD matches

by Kahzgul, Tuesday, October 04, 2016, 15:02 (2731 days ago) @ Blackt1g3r

We tried that a bit for Kermit's screenshot activity and it was fun but kind of confusing!

Just played it last night, no HUD rumble. So fun. The audio cues in the game become incredibly important when there's no radar to look at, and - IMO - they're way more accurate in terms of telling you where the other players are. I got killed while corner camping with my shotgun because my opponent heard me aim my gun. Seriously, when you ADS it makes an audible click.

This is the big thing we learned - everything that makes a sound effect for you when you do it, makes that same sound effect in the game world for everyone else. It makes sense, but it's actually not normal in FPS games. Like in CoD I know ADSing doesn't make a sound, nor does kneeling or lying down, but in Destiny they do (well, lying down means you're dead, but you know what I mean).

No HUD matches

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Tuesday, October 04, 2016, 15:32 (2731 days ago) @ Kahzgul

I got killed while corner camping with my shotgun because my opponent heard me aim my gun. Seriously, when you ADS it makes an audible click.

Nice, I don't have the link at the moment, but I learned last night that you can apparently fire a shotgun shell (1 kill), then immediately shoulder charge (2 kills). If you still have your melee charged you could potentially pick up a triple kill off of that!

No HUD matches

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Tuesday, October 04, 2016, 16:25 (2731 days ago) @ Blackt1g3r

How? Shouldn't firing mean you are no longer running?? I could see Shoulder Charge, Shotgun, Melee.. though really there should be a brief cooldown somewhere in there too...

Because Titans are Broken

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Tuesday, October 04, 2016, 16:44 (2731 days ago) @ Ragashingo

- No text -

No HUD matches

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Tuesday, October 04, 2016, 17:01 (2731 days ago) @ Ragashingo

How? Shouldn't firing mean you are no longer running?? I could see Shoulder Charge, Shotgun, Melee.. though really there should be a brief cooldown somewhere in there too...

Titan Skating.

As long as you don't cancel your sprint, your shoulder charge will remain "charged" while you are gliding in mid-air. So you can sprint, jump, and fire your gun without cancelling your sprint.

No HUD matches

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Tuesday, October 04, 2016, 19:02 (2731 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Titan Skating.

As long as you don't cancel your sprint, your shoulder charge will remain "charged" while you are gliding in mid-air. So you can sprint, jump, and fire your gun without cancelling your sprint.

So what you're saying is that Sprint cancelling as a Titan is user error? Good to know. ;)

No HUD matches

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Tuesday, October 04, 2016, 18:55 (2731 days ago) @ Ragashingo

That's what I assumed, but I watched the guy do it! I guess a shotgun trigger pull doesn't immediately cancel the shoulder charge just like how you can slide without breaking your shoulder charge for a short time period. It might be _really_ short though, I haven't tested it yet.

I can confirm that you cannot do this with fusion rifles though.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread