Next month's Edge magazine (update)

by kapowaz, Thursday, July 18, 2013, 06:05 (3934 days ago)

Edge magazine just released an iPad edition of their very first issue from 20 years ago, and I noticed a little something on the advert page...

[image]

by broony, Thursday, July 18, 2013, 08:00 (3934 days ago) @ kapowaz

Subscribed last month for the two free issues, on the premise that the hint for next month, was for Destiny.

I am a happy free subscriber now. Thanks!

by electricpirate @, Thursday, July 18, 2013, 09:46 (3934 days ago) @ kapowaz

Hopefully it's not just re-contextualizing information from the announcement and E3.

by kapowaz, Thursday, July 18, 2013, 09:52 (3934 days ago) @ electricpirate

Hopefully it's not just re-contextualizing information from the announcement and E3.

Yes, there has been kind of a lot of that, hasn't there?

My suspicion is this is the first of a series of embargoed interviews/media dumps that will gradually introduce new stuff. They've certainly done this before with Edge.

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Thursday, July 18, 2013, 10:01 (3934 days ago) @ kapowaz

Yes, there has been kind of a lot of that, hasn't there?

My suspicion is this is the first of a series of embargoed interviews/media dumps that will gradually introduce new stuff. They've certainly done this before with Edge.

Yeah I'm guessing there hasn't been a lot of post E3 interviews or features. They'll speed up after con season ends I would imagine.

by Risay117, Thursday, July 18, 2013, 10:48 (3934 days ago) @ kapowaz

Likely nothing much.

I expect there to be the same info some interview some little new detail that we can extract but really same old same old. If they did not release it Bungie day, they will not do it now. Plus too soon, maybe in september, or near the vga's

by kapowaz, Thursday, July 18, 2013, 16:33 (3933 days ago) @ Risay117

I expect there to be the same info some interview some little new detail that we can extract but really same old same old. If they did not release it Bungie day, they will not do it now. Plus too soon, maybe in september, or near the vga's

What do you base that on? Are you familiar with previous Edge exclusives for Bungie titles?

by Risay117, Thursday, July 18, 2013, 23:30 (3933 days ago) @ kapowaz

Not really but i have a feeling that bungie is still keeping things underwraps, now after reading other replies i might be wrong, though for now i feel pessimistic. Remember its coming out next year, so what is important is timing of release.

Though now that you mention it, we could see some more info on canon like enemies etc, and then gameplay at around the vga's.

by kapowaz, Friday, July 19, 2013, 04:35 (3933 days ago) @ Risay117

Not really but i have a feeling that bungie is still keeping things underwraps, now after reading other replies i might be wrong, though for now i feel pessimistic.

We can't be certain, of course, but the track record is pretty clear: Bungie have given Edge their first, most-revealing exclusive on Halo 2 (twice), Halo 3 and Halo Reach (sadly no scans for the latter two, it seems). I'm pretty hopeful that this will be a new level of reveal.

by ncsuDuncan @, Friday, July 19, 2013, 08:47 (3933 days ago) @ kapowaz

We can't be certain, of course, but the track record is pretty clear: Bungie have given Edge their first, most-revealing exclusive on Halo 2 (twice), Halo 3 and Halo Reach (sadly no scans for the latter two, it seems). I'm pretty hopeful that this will be a new level of reveal.

Please don't link to magazine scans from unscrupulous sources.

(lol)

by Risay117, Friday, July 19, 2013, 12:28 (3933 days ago) @ kapowaz

Then you may have some meaning to your article.
Might as well say our prayers and hope it comes true.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread