Festival of the Lost: Bungie Store (Destiny)

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Monday, October 24, 2016, 17:05 (2739 days ago)

Papercraft Masks

by Zero @, Florida, Monday, October 24, 2016, 17:17 (2739 days ago) @ unoudid

If you don't want to deal with physical items (or can't), but want the emblem just because it looks so cool. The papercraft masks are only 10 bucks for a download and you get the emblem with it.

Stocking stuffer purchased

by Oholiab @, Monday, October 24, 2016, 17:22 (2739 days ago) @ unoudid

If anyone wants the in-game emblem, I'm happy to give mine away (if that's kosher with the mods). Shoot me a message or somehow contact me.

Festival of the Lost: Bungie Store

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Monday, October 24, 2016, 17:24 (2739 days ago) @ unoudid

I ordered a few items. but at $40 for a blind-box pin set I just can't justify purchasing multiples. Guess I'll be off to ebay for the rares.

Festival of the Lost: Bungie Store

by Chappy, Arlington, VA., Monday, October 24, 2016, 17:41 (2739 days ago) @ unoudid

Bungie really needs to plan inventory better - the Iron Lords Sigil pin is already sold out. :(

Doesn't show as sold out for me.

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Monday, October 24, 2016, 17:44 (2739 days ago) @ Chappy

Only the megablocks are sold out.

Doesn't show as sold out for me.

by Chappy, Arlington, VA., Monday, October 24, 2016, 18:09 (2739 days ago) @ dogcow

It only shows as sold out when you try to check out.

RNG on pin sets? Lmao.

by ProbablyLast, Monday, October 24, 2016, 17:42 (2739 days ago) @ unoudid

- No text -

Activision made them!

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Monday, October 24, 2016, 17:51 (2739 days ago) @ ProbablyLast

- No text -

Stop throwing $$ at them and they'll stop doing it

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Monday, October 24, 2016, 18:00 (2739 days ago) @ ProbablyLast

- No text -

All Proceeds are for Bungie Foundation

by EffortlessFury @, Monday, October 24, 2016, 23:18 (2739 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

- No text -

$10 for a PDF cutout

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Monday, October 24, 2016, 17:56 (2739 days ago) @ unoudid

are you f&*king kidding me!?

$10 for a PDF cutout

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Monday, October 24, 2016, 18:08 (2739 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

I just consider it a $10 donation to The Bungie Foundation.

-Disciple

Great. Give me the PDF and have a donation page

by Funkmon @, Monday, October 24, 2016, 18:12 (2739 days ago) @ DiscipleN2k

This is full blown awful.

Really?

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Monday, October 24, 2016, 19:54 (2739 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

It's not that ridiculous at all, in fact it is actually pretty convenient because all you have to do is fold and glue. And it already has the printed details, in color.

Here is a sample warlock helmet paper craft. $7.

-Then you need to scale it.

-Print it on your own card stock (Let's say a ream is $5)

-Cut it out

-Glue it together

- decorate it.

::Shrug::

IDK. Doesn't seem ridiculous to me at all and I've been in this hobby for several years.

Yes, Really

by Mid7night ⌂ @, Rocket BSCHSHCSHSHCCHGGH!!!!!!, Tuesday, October 25, 2016, 01:16 (2739 days ago) @ Revenant1988

It's not that ridiculous at all, in fact it is actually pretty convenient because all you have to do is fold and glue. And it already has the printed details, in color.

-Cut it out

-Glue it together

- decorate it.

IDK. Doesn't seem ridiculous to me at all and I've been in this hobby for several years.

Yeah, and here is a (much smaller) company who designs RC airplanes and does videos about RC stuff for a living. You can either buy laser-cut Speed Build kits from them for anywhere between $15-$35, OR you can download the build plans for literally EVERY plane they've EVER designed ...for FREE.

So yes. $10 for a PDF of a papercraft project - the unwrapped 3D model for which they ALREADY had to make anyway - is a little stupid.

Yes, Really

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Tuesday, October 25, 2016, 08:57 (2739 days ago) @ Mid7night

-Cut it out

-Glue it together

- decorate it.

Yeah, and here is a (much smaller) company who designs RC airplanes and does videos about RC stuff for a living. You can either buy laser-cut Speed Build kits from them for anywhere between $15-$35, OR you can download the build plans for literally EVERY plane they've EVER designed ...for FREE.

So yes. $10 for a PDF of a papercraft project - the unwrapped 3D model for which they ALREADY had to make anyway - is a little stupid.

I guess it depends on what your time and effort is worth to you. And really, if it is that ridiculous to you, then don't buy it, I guess?

How about spending $10 on in-game silver for stuff you can't even hold tangibly. Is that stupid?

Or sinking hours and hours into a video game? I know plenty of people IRL that think that is stupid.

"Stupid" is relative, man.

::Shurgs::

I've spent $10 on worse. I bought the taken king and felt that was a waste of my money.

Calling it a $10 charity donation or a ridiculous waste of $10 are just two ways to look at it.

It just makes me laugh because no one is making anyone buy it. The knee-jerk reactions to things are just laughable.

Kneejerk

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Tuesday, October 25, 2016, 09:24 (2739 days ago) @ Revenant1988

First of all:

How about spending $10 on in-game silver for stuff you can't even hold tangibly. Is that stupid?

Absolutely. But at least then you get something you couldn't make for yourself.

But to the topoc at hand - I really don't like it when people are accused of kneejerk reactions, as if there's no higher thought going on. I don't think it's unreasonable at all to be surprised/disappointed by that price point. Sure, no one is forcing you to buy it, but an informed argument against a price-point you disagree with when compared to other products is so far from "kneejerk" it's laughable.

Honestly, if this weren't for charity I'd call it taking advantage. As it is, I'd call it severely over-valuing their product.

Kneejerk

by Mid7night ⌂ @, Rocket BSCHSHCSHSHCCHGGH!!!!!!, Tuesday, October 25, 2016, 10:33 (2738 days ago) @ someotherguy

Honestly, if this weren't for charity I'd call it taking advantage. As it is, I'd call it severely over-valuing their product.

....which happens a lot at charity events.

You're not wrong

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Tuesday, October 25, 2016, 11:04 (2738 days ago) @ Mid7night

- No text -

Kneejerk

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Tuesday, October 25, 2016, 12:07 (2738 days ago) @ someotherguy

Tomato - tomahto mate, it's all the same to me.

Rather lacking in nuance though

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Tuesday, October 25, 2016, 12:15 (2738 days ago) @ Revenant1988

As Claude has said on occasion - words mean things.

But eh, Im just being fussy now. We can agree to disagree on the pricing at least, and just enjoy all the other festivities :)

Rather lacking in nuance though

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Tuesday, October 25, 2016, 12:23 (2738 days ago) @ someotherguy

As Claude has said on occasion - words mean things.

But eh, Im just being fussy now. We can agree to disagree on the pricing at least, and just enjoy all the other festivities :)

Yeah, it's too pricey for me so I'm not going to buy it. And I don't care what you people think. So I'm covered on both bases! :D

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread