#ANNOUNCEMENT# DBO Fireteam Tourney – Jan. 28 & 29 (DBO)

by /Sekhmet/ ⌂ @, destiny.bungie.org, Saturday, January 14, 2017, 22:31 (2651 days ago)

//SIG_INT/DAT_STRM_INJECT/COMM.AI.DBO.SEKHMET //MODE/EN
//BEGIN-TX

Guardians! A forgotten cache of swag was recently discovered in the Errera Vault. It is /regrettable/ that there is not enough treasure to distribute evenly among the populace, but after 17E-4 seconds of computation at PROCESSING_MATRIX/ANALYSIS_LEVEL.SUBSTANTIAL, I have decided that there shall be a tournament, and /to the victors go the spoils/.

-----

# When?
Saturday & Sunday, January 28th & 29th
Games begin at 1830 Pacific/2130 Eastern on both days

# Team Formation:
This is a Fireteam-based tournament. Teams will consist of three Guardians. You may form teams on your own, or allow yourself to be match-made with other Guardians at the start of the tournament. Fireteams will be required to have team names, so think of something clever! Teams may designate one additional person as an alternate to cover for potential timing conflicts. Please clearly indicate alternates when signing up.

Here are links to the signup pages:
:: FTB Event for Xbox
:: FTB Event for PlayStation

# Events
Specific events will not be disclosed ahead of time, but know that there will be a mix of serious and not-so-serious game types. Winning particular events will earn points, and teams with the most points at the end will emerge victorious!

# Loot
The prizes are a relatively simple set of items collected over the past few years. Nothing special, but some could be /interesting/. If you win, you must be willing to provide your name and address to The Errera so that he can ship the prizes to you.

# Referees
Certain DBO Administrators will be deputized as referees for the tournament. Right now, Beorn and Xenos will be the primary officiators during the event.

Good hunting, Guardians! Traveler's Light be with you.

//END-TX

===============
:: Current Teams: Xbox
::
:: Team Raga's Fault – Ragashingo, breitzen, ZackDark
===============

===============
:: Current Teams: PlayStation
::
:: 3 of Cs – Cody Miller, Cyber-KN, CruelLEGACEY
:: Three to the Morgue – Kermit, Destroyo, kupkake191
:: The Rocky Mountain High – DogCowMoof, Peaks, Slycrel*
===============

DBO Fireteam Tourney (Jan. 28 & 29)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Saturday, January 14, 2017, 23:02 (2651 days ago) @ /Sekhmet/

I signed up. Who wants to join me? Otter? Cruel? Speedracer? Cyber? Chaos? Anyone?

DBO Fireteam Tourney (Jan. 28 & 29)

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Saturday, January 14, 2017, 23:33 (2651 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I signed up. Who wants to join me? Otter? Cruel? Speedracer? Cyber? Chaos? Anyone?

Damn. I really wish I could, but I'm super busy on the 28th all day (until about 11:30pm CST) :-/

Sounds like fun

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Saturday, January 14, 2017, 23:16 (2651 days ago) @ /Sekhmet/

Now I just need to pull together a team...

I'll be your teammate!

by Funkmon @, Sunday, January 15, 2017, 12:01 (2650 days ago) @ Blackt1g3r

Besides, we'll lose to Zero's team anyway.

Too late

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Sunday, January 15, 2017, 22:25 (2650 days ago) @ Funkmon

Ha, Zero asked me before I saw your message. :P

RIP everyone else on Xbox ;)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Sunday, January 15, 2017, 23:44 (2650 days ago) @ Blackt1g3r

- No text -

So, uh, shipping... Any restrictions?

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Sunday, January 15, 2017, 03:23 (2650 days ago) @ /Sekhmet/

- No text -

It should be noted...

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Monday, January 16, 2017, 20:09 (2649 days ago) @ /Sekhmet/

...that this tournament will not be graded solely on Crucible skill. Light Level will also not matter, however you will be expected to have the full array of options available on your Director (including Rise of Iron).

While competitive, this tournament is designed to be "fun" rather than "pro."

It should be noted...

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Monday, January 16, 2017, 20:59 (2649 days ago) @ Beorn

Great to hear!

Now, to arrange my life such that I can participate. :)

It should be noted...

by Zero @, Florida, Monday, January 16, 2017, 22:07 (2649 days ago) @ Beorn

Good! I figured it wasn't just crucible, it couldn't be. That'd be boring when there's so much to do in this game.

FTFY

by Funkmon @, Tuesday, January 17, 2017, 06:14 (2648 days ago) @ Zero

Good! I figured it wasn't just crucible, it couldn't be. That'd be boring when I'm the only good player.

FTFY

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Tuesday, January 17, 2017, 19:21 (2648 days ago) @ Funkmon

Good! I figured it wasn't just crucible, it couldn't be. That'd be boring when I'm the only good player.

I'm just here to t-bag the first player who dies.

FTFY

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Tuesday, January 17, 2017, 19:24 (2648 days ago) @ unoudid

Do that to me at your own peril... :p

I volunteer as tribute.

by Funkmon @, Wednesday, January 18, 2017, 01:52 (2648 days ago) @ unoudid

[image]

"One & one make two, two & one make three, It was Destiny"

by Pyromancy @, discovering fire every week, Wednesday, January 18, 2017, 11:04 (2647 days ago) @ Funkmon

[image]

*slow clap*

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Wednesday, January 18, 2017, 11:58 (2647 days ago) @ Pyromancy

- No text -

It should be noted...

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Tuesday, January 17, 2017, 00:26 (2649 days ago) @ Beorn

...that this tournament will not be graded solely on Crucible skill.

What about fashion sense?

It should be noted...

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, January 17, 2017, 01:29 (2649 days ago) @ CyberKN

Wear those Thagomizers.

It should be noted...

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Tuesday, January 17, 2017, 13:29 (2648 days ago) @ CyberKN

I've got this in the bag!

the bookies are buzzing...

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Tuesday, January 17, 2017, 18:47 (2648 days ago) @ Beorn

about the PS4 match up.

Your team name legit made me lol :)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Tuesday, January 17, 2017, 20:46 (2648 days ago) @ Kermit

- No text -

If you *cannot* make the 28th/29th, reply here

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Tuesday, January 17, 2017, 02:25 (2649 days ago) @ /Sekhmet/

Just curious, who would be interested in the tournament but can't make it because of the scheduling? I might be able to move this around, but we probably can't accommodate everyone.

by slycrel ⌂, Tuesday, January 17, 2017, 05:06 (2648 days ago) @ Beorn

I likely won't be able to participate the 29th, but I may try to participate on the 28th. Please don't move around anything on my account. =)

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Tuesday, January 17, 2017, 23:45 (2648 days ago) @ Beorn

Just curious, who would be interested in the tournament but can't make it because of the scheduling? I might be able to move this around, but we probably can't accommodate everyone.

I definitely can't make it on the 28th. I might be able to make something work on the evening of the 29th. (In general, though, weeknights are typically easier).

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Wednesday, January 18, 2017, 14:11 (2647 days ago) @ Speedracer513

If this is going to be a multi-day event then perhaps you & slycrel could sub for eachother, Sly covering Saturday and you covering Sunday.

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Wednesday, January 18, 2017, 03:34 (2647 days ago) @ Beorn

Weekends are out of the question for me, I stay up until 3/4 am every weekend closing the store.

Unfortunately, my only free time is during the day. Unless I'm off. I probably will miss it, but I'm hoping someone here will share highlights!

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Thursday, January 19, 2017, 01:35 (2647 days ago) @ Beorn

I can make the 29th but not the 28th

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread