Bungie - The Road Ahead (Destiny)

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Friday, March 03, 2017, 15:05 (2604 days ago)
edited by CyberKN, Friday, March 03, 2017, 15:42

https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/45708/7_The-Road-Ahead

Hey, everyone.

We’re planning to reveal the final live event for the Destiny 1 era next Wednesday. We’re calling it “Age of Triumph,” and we intend for it to be a fun and memorable celebration that will bring the first major chapter of our Destiny adventures to a fitting close. We’ll look back upon the three incredible years we’ve shared as a community, and look ahead to some final challenges and rewards that await you in the weeks ahead.

But first, we want to answer some important questions you’ve been asking about Destiny’s first full sequel.

Sequels represent the start of a new adventure for every player, with new worlds to explore, new stories to tell, new powers to acquire, new loot to earn, and much more. This led us to a decision that would enable us to serve both the game and the player’s best interests: Destiny 1 power, possessions, and Eververse-related items and currency will not carry forward. They will, however, remain accessible to you in Destiny 1.

We know that, just like us, you have grown fond of the Guardians you’ve created, so we do plan to preserve your character personalization. We are going to recognize the dedication and passion you’ve shown for this world. Specifically, the class, race, gender, face, hair, and marking selections for all characters that have achieved Level 20 and completed the Black Garden story mission will carry forward. We also plan to award those veteran accounts with honors that reflect your Destiny 1 accomplishments.

We believe this is the best path forward. It allows us to introduce the major advancements and improvements that all of us expect from a sequel, ensuring it will be the best game we can create, unencumbered by the past. We’re looking forward to sharing more details with you later this year for how we will honor your legacy in the future.

Before we do that, we’re going to deliver “Age of Triumph” at the end of March. To show you what it’s all about, we’re planning a series of livestream showcases. We’ll be reintroducing you to some members of the Live Team, and they’ll be showing you the content and activity updates that they’ve been working on. The dates and times are listed below.

We kick things off next week.

Age of Triumph Reveal
Wednesday, March 8th

[image]

Age of Triumph Weekly Rituals
Wednesday, March 15th

[image]

Age of Triumph Sandbox Update
Wednesday, March 22nd

[image]

Destiny 1 content won't carry over to Destiny 2. I say YAY.

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Friday, March 03, 2017, 15:10 (2604 days ago) @ CyberKN

- No text -

Agreed.

by DEEP_NNN, Friday, March 03, 2017, 15:11 (2604 days ago) @ Korny

- No text -

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Friday, March 03, 2017, 15:14 (2604 days ago) @ Korny

Yeah, I think they kept what was needed to continue your journey. Yes, you can get attached to weapons and gear, but ultimately those are meant to be swappable. Your character's face is not swappable (unless you are one of those weird robot characters).

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Friday, March 03, 2017, 15:54 (2604 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

There are few guns that I would like to carry over, but I'm sure those will have a spiritual successor in D2.

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Friday, March 03, 2017, 16:32 (2604 days ago) @ dogcow

There are few guns that I would like to carry over, but I'm sure those will have a spiritual successor in D2.

Yeah, I mean, I can see a majority of the exotics being revamped for D2. Regular weapons... maybe they will make an ode to them in some way.

Yay! Maybe we'll get good weapons in D2.

by ProbablyLast, Sunday, March 05, 2017, 00:41 (2603 days ago) @ Korny

- No text -

not likely

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Sunday, March 05, 2017, 02:58 (2603 days ago) @ ProbablyLast

- No text -

Bungie - The Road Ahead

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Friday, March 03, 2017, 15:12 (2604 days ago) @ CyberKN

I've been rapidly refreshing waiting for someone to start the thread.

So yesterdays announcement was that today there would be an announcement which was basically, next week we will have more announcements. Awesome.

"We are going to recognize the dedication and passion you’ve shown for this world. Specifically, the class, race, gender, face, hair, and marking selections for all characters..."

I don't care about any of that stuff. Can I keep my armor and color combinations? I FINALLY got my hunter looking the way I want him too...I don't want to spend another 3 years doing this. I also bought a sparrow that matches my colors. Please don't make me use a character I hate for 3 more years!!

Bungie - The Road Ahead

by LostSpartan, Friday, March 03, 2017, 15:24 (2604 days ago) @ ManKitten

Why not just make a new character in Destiny 2 if you don't like your current appearance? Since nothing is coming forward BUT character appearance, and you say you don't like your current one, it should be fairly easy to do this and not miss out on anything.

Bungie - The Road Ahead

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Friday, March 03, 2017, 15:33 (2604 days ago) @ LostSpartan
edited by ManKitten, Friday, March 03, 2017, 15:39

Why not just make a new character in Destiny 2 if you don't like your current appearance? Since nothing is coming forward BUT character appearance, and you say you don't like your current one, it should be fairly easy to do this and not miss out on anything.

[edit] - I DO like my current character (after 3 years of grinding for the right shader) hence I hope I can carry him forward, visually. -[end edit]

This is what I'm asking. All the stuff they mentioned moving forward, is all stuff I can't see. Gender, class, race...who cares. Face? It's 1 of 8 generic faces under a helmet all the time, who cares. Markings? I don't even really know what that is...the face paints? Who cares.

What I do care about, is having a Hunter that is orange, black and white. All of my characters, regardless of the game (and genre) is this color combination. The name "ManKitten" became my nickname yeeaars ago based off of a Cincinnati Bengals QB, hence I have used this color combo on everything.

For the past 3 years, I've had a Orange, white and blue hunter, because it was the closest option. What am I, a Fighting Illini fan? I don't think so!

It's my character, hell...it's me! That's the point of a first person game...I am the character! And if you are going to brag about "all the customization" you can do to your character...but it takes 3 years to be satisfied with how my character looks...that's bullshit.

I'm totally fine with everything starting fresh, I agree with all the comments above. But this shader system is stupid. If they want fancy shaders that glow electric, or sizzle with flames or something fine, but come on, can't I just pick some base colors so my character represents me?

</rant>

ahh my bad!

by LostSpartan, Friday, March 03, 2017, 15:36 (2604 days ago) @ ManKitten

I totally misunderstood your original post. I see what you are saying now. Perhaps since shaders aren't coming forward, they will just let us color our armor whatever we want in the Destiny 2?

Bungie - The Road Ahead

by Schooly D, TSD Gaming Condo, TX, Friday, March 03, 2017, 18:37 (2604 days ago) @ ManKitten

I don't care about any of that stuff. Can I keep my armor and color combinations? I FINALLY got my hunter looking the way I want him too...I don't want to spend another 3 years doing this.

I can think of a few people in Bellevue, WA who have a very, very deep interest in you doing exactly that.

Bungie - The Road Ahead

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Friday, March 03, 2017, 20:13 (2604 days ago) @ Schooly D

I don't care about any of that stuff. Can I keep my armor and color combinations? I FINALLY got my hunter looking the way I want him too...I don't want to spend another 3 years doing this.

I can think of a few people in Bellevue, WA who have a very, very deep interest in you doing exactly that.

hehe...well crap. Touché

Spoiler? Possible VoG 2.0 encounter and loot teased...

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Friday, March 03, 2017, 15:13 (2604 days ago) @ CyberKN

- No text -

If you're going to put the spoiler in the subject line...

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Friday, March 03, 2017, 16:29 (2604 days ago) @ Korny

Why bother saying "spoiler"?

Spoiler was the wrong word anyway. More of a Tease really...

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Friday, March 03, 2017, 16:46 (2604 days ago) @ Kermit

- No text -

Did you just ask Korny why he acted like a troll?

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Friday, March 03, 2017, 17:06 (2604 days ago) @ Kermit

Might as well ask "why do birds fly?" or "why is water wet?"

;p

Good point.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Friday, March 03, 2017, 17:18 (2604 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

- No text -

The PFHAB

by Pyromancy @, discovering fire every week, Friday, March 03, 2017, 15:14 (2604 days ago) @ CyberKN

- No text -

Bungie - The Road Ahead

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Friday, March 03, 2017, 15:18 (2604 days ago) @ CyberKN

Well, not a lot of individual items there, but one answer to a BIG question we've all been asking for a long time (and which, I suspect, Bungie themselves didn't always know the answer to). Generally speaking, most of your "stuff" from Destiny 1 will not carry forward, other than your characters' race/class and hair/markings.

I know not everyone feels the same but...

by LostSpartan, Friday, March 03, 2017, 15:26 (2604 days ago) @ CyberKN

I'm glad my Warlock's appearance will make it into Destiny 2. After spending 42 days (and counting!) playing with her, it would be hard to let her go. Maybe I'm just silly.

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Friday, March 03, 2017, 15:28 (2604 days ago) @ LostSpartan

I've had my option set to helmets always on since they gave us this option. I can't stand looking at my characters face.

by LostSpartan, Friday, March 03, 2017, 15:30 (2604 days ago) @ unoudid

I bet Bungie will have options to modify your appearance in Destiny 2. It has been a much requested feature. I hope so, that way I can get rid of my Hunter's pink hair... it seemed like such a good idea at the time.

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Friday, March 03, 2017, 15:32 (2604 days ago) @ LostSpartan

I bet Bungie will have options to modify your appearance in Destiny 2. It has been a much requested feature. I hope so, that way I can get rid of my Hunter's pink hair... it seemed like such a good idea at the time.

I have a female awoken who vaguely looks like Cortana. I'd love to change up the look at this point.

My first character is a Human Male who looks like a crappy old version of myself.

I dyed my hair pink once.

by Funkmon @, Saturday, March 04, 2017, 14:50 (2603 days ago) @ LostSpartan

[image]

I hate the way my characters look. I kept them for progress.

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Friday, March 03, 2017, 15:26 (2604 days ago) @ CyberKN

Seriously.... I have refrained from deleting characters due to the progress they've made. I really don't want to keep looking at the same character I created on release day since I hastily made them in order to start playing this game.

Oh well.

Hopefully I can change up the look a little in Des2ny

I also hope I can re-visit my choices without real loss.

by slycrel ⌂, Friday, March 03, 2017, 21:40 (2604 days ago) @ unoudid

- No text -

I've deleted at least 40 characters.

by ProbablyLast, Sunday, March 05, 2017, 00:44 (2603 days ago) @ unoudid

Still have my Day 1 Titan, though. <3

Bungie - The Road Ahead

by FyreWulff, Friday, March 03, 2017, 15:45 (2604 days ago) @ CyberKN

"Eververse-related items and currency will not carry forward"

glad i never wasted money on EV items, even for that Fire Wolf mask. What a joke.

Bungie Style Announcements - In other areas of life...

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Friday, March 03, 2017, 16:03 (2604 days ago) @ CyberKN

Wife sends text to husband: "Hurry home, I'm waiting for you XOXO"
Husband gets home, wife says: "Get ready for a wild night...after we cook dinner, bathe the kids, help with homework zzzzzzzzzzz"

Boss to employees: "We are having a big luncheon tomorrow, with exciting news"
Boss at luncheon: "You're all getting a raise!...starting next fiscal year"

Apple: "Stay tuned for a big announcement tomorrow"
Next day: "Introducing the newest iPhone!!, well we have nothing to show you right now...but next week!

Car rental agent: "You're in luck, we have one last car you can rent."
Customer: "Thank you, now we won't miss the wedding."
Car rental agent: "Fantastic. The car is at a different airport though, so you'll need to fly there to get it."

Parents to kids: "Wake up! It's Christmas morning!"
Kids: "Can we open presents!?"
Parents: "Not until grandma and grandpa get here"

Food server to table: "Alright everyone, here's your food"
Food server to me specifically: "Yours will be right out hun"

lol!

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Friday, March 03, 2017, 16:04 (2604 days ago) @ ManKitten

- No text -

I laughed.

by Claude Errera @, Friday, March 03, 2017, 16:05 (2604 days ago) @ ManKitten

- No text -

Thanks, but your princess is in a different castle!

by Mariachi @, Kentucky, Friday, March 03, 2017, 16:56 (2604 days ago) @ ManKitten

- No text -

Hehe perfect

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Friday, March 03, 2017, 22:21 (2604 days ago) @ Mariachi

- No text -

And, where, Oracle, is that?

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Friday, March 03, 2017, 22:35 (2604 days ago) @ Mariachi

- No text -

Trapped In A Place Between This World And The Machine World.

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Saturday, March 04, 2017, 06:40 (2603 days ago) @ Ragashingo

Had to. ;-)

Bungie Style Announcements - In other areas of life...

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Saturday, March 04, 2017, 13:28 (2603 days ago) @ ManKitten

Man, this has been driving me crazy for the entire entertainment industry!

People pass around a 5 second clip followed by "Watch the full reveal, on [insert random date or big event coming up]!"

This has started getting me LESS hyped about stuff at this point!

The one thing I appreciate at least about this announcement is it's letting us know NOW, so when I can't get Y3 Mythoclast I can just forget about it, but the whole "we're letting you know we're going to announce something"... UGH!

Same. I decide to not like things that do this.

by Funkmon @, Saturday, March 04, 2017, 14:55 (2603 days ago) @ Xenos

- No text -

Bungie, please... I beg you...

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Friday, March 03, 2017, 16:03 (2604 days ago) @ CyberKN

I'm glad all our junk is being left behind. I'm hoping D2 will be as far removed from D1 as possible. But Bungie, for the love of god, please DO NOT take the Eververse items from D1 and put them up for sale again in D2. The salt it would cause. So much salt...

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Friday, March 03, 2017, 16:32 (2604 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

I'm glad all our junk is being left behind. I'm hoping D2 will be as far removed from D1 as possible. But Bungie, for the love of god, please DO NOT take the Eververse items from D1 and put them up for sale again in D2. The salt it would cause. So much salt...

They will have all of those items for sale at Eververse as a "Salty Engram"

Dude, they're Cosmetic

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Friday, March 03, 2017, 17:19 (2604 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

;P

Well played :)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Friday, March 03, 2017, 17:31 (2604 days ago) @ CyberKN

- No text -

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Monday, March 06, 2017, 14:11 (2601 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

they will resale them as "vintage" emotes/shaders/sparrows.

I understand not carrying the weapons and armor forward, but why not the sparrows/shaders and emotes?

also, it will be interesting story wise to see how they incorporate this, as our guardians have literally slayed near immortal Gods, only to presumably start over on progression.

How Destiny 2 should start.

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Monday, March 06, 2017, 16:20 (2601 days ago) @ Schedonnardus
edited by Korny, Monday, March 06, 2017, 17:05

also, it will be interesting story wise to see how they incorporate this, as our guardians have literally slayed near immortal Gods, only to presumably start over on progression.

Players (old and new) are in the Tower (your abilities show up as all maxed out, but you can't use them). It's a ceremonial day, so you're wearing fancy garbs instead of your armor, and your weapons are stored in the Vault. You run a few back and forth errands for folks, while chatting with Ghost about the festivities, when Ikora tells you that there are some urgent distress calls that she wants you to check out. You accept and start to head towards the Vault to pick up your gear while Ghost laments that you can never seem to take a day off, "Well, back to the grind" he quips.

Cutscene:
Shouting is heard as you walk up the steps. Cabal ships suddenly arrive and attack the Tower, bringing down a portion of the Wall, and blowing up the Vault (and all of your D1 loot), and you barely escape as the Tower is brought down. All of the ships retreat towards the city, and you tell Ghost that you need a weapon. "I've got just the thing" he says, just as the Cabal heavily damage the Traveler, causing it to pulse out a bright light that blinds you (Guardians in the background have been using Golden Gun, Hammers, and Warlock abilities to bring down enemy ships).

Gameplay: Cut back to your guardian as he looks at his hands, the Light visibly fading. You turn to see all of the Guardians no longer using abilities, switching to their guns to continue holding off the Cabal ships. You then spot your Ghost on the floor of the ship. He tells you that his Light is fading, so you pick up a fallen Guardian's Vision of Confluence and put Ghost on the seat behind you. You practice your aim by shooting at Cabal at nearby ships. Once you've brought down a dozen or so, the gun runs out of ammo, and the Cabal's shooting at the ship causes it to catch fire. "We've got to buy some time" you shout to the remaining Guardian on the ship, as you hear a voice behind you, "Like I said, Guardian, I've got just the thing..."
You turn to see your Ghost transmatting a large weapon, Gjallarhorn. You then pump unlimited ammo at passing ships, bringing them all down as the ship starts to lose altitude.

Cutscene: As the ship shakes and falls apart, you get thrown back, tossing Gjallarhorn aside to grab for Ghost. You look at his fading light, and brace for impact. "Stand by for revive, Ghost" you say, causing him to light up brightly, "just in case." The ship crashes.

First-person cutscene:
*black screen*
"Eyes up, Guardian."
You open your eyes, focusing on Ghost lying in front of you. "It worked... You're alive..." You stand up.
"Thank you, Ghost. What happened?"
"The attack has been repelled... for the moment... No word from the Vanguard... Too much chatter. Something happened to the Traveler."
You hear nearby gunfire, Cabal stragglers.
"I've kept something for you Guardian... it's not much... but it'll help..."
With his last bits of strength, Ghost transmats an old beat up rifle, the Khvostov 7G-02.
You pick Ghost up, his light dimming and flickering. "Hang in there, Little Light."
You put him in your bag, pick up the rifle, and start heading towards the City.

A+ ... would play.

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Monday, March 06, 2017, 16:28 (2601 days ago) @ Korny

- No text -

Spoiler!^^^

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, March 06, 2017, 16:40 (2601 days ago) @ Korny

I hope!

"you told me there wouldn't be any cameras" ;)

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Monday, March 06, 2017, 18:59 (2601 days ago) @ Korny

and you told me you'd wear something nice, so smile guardian while we still have something to smile about.

How Destiny 2 should start.

by Avateur @, Tuesday, March 07, 2017, 02:51 (2601 days ago) @ Korny

This. All this. That's the urgency and having things at stake that I've been asking for for years. I hope we get to type #kornywasright to start off Destiny 2.

٩◔̯◔۶ Please, no more awful future writing like this: *VID*

by Pyromancy @, discovering fire every week, Tuesday, March 07, 2017, 04:44 (2600 days ago) @ Korny
edited by Pyromancy, Tuesday, March 07, 2017, 04:49

eyeroll dongers

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread