Exotic Concept: Strange Aeons. (Fan Creations)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Monday, March 20, 2017, 04:29 (2566 days ago)
edited by Korny, Monday, March 20, 2017, 05:24

Strange Aeons
[image]
"...and the life of the single candle will not be shortened... once we work out all the kinks."

Exotic Perk:
The Eternal Lie- Shooting a downed teammate's Ghost will instantly revive them once the revive timer hits zero.
Shooting Orbs generated by Supers will cause them to detonate, damaging minions of the Darkness and creating a temporary healing zone for teammates.
Every shot fired reduces user's health by 30% for 14 seconds.

Magazine:
0-4 (Regenerates one round every seven seconds)

<--The result of a collaboration between Omolon and Warlock scientists, this modified Defiance of Yasmin has the effect of restoring Light rather than draining it (surely the Hive will not approve). Guardians must take care when firing the weapon, as it uses the operator's own Light as fuel for the shots.-->

--------------------

D1: Guaranteed 400 Light drop from completing all Challenges in a single run of King's Fall (Weekly Raid).

D2: (Special Hive questline).

I wanted to have a weapon that is truly exotic. In this case, one that restores life (but as it's clearly a prototype, it can end up costing the life of the user if they're not careful). Tired of hearing "Yeah, that's a wipe" because of a careless death in a Hard mode raid? Having a player equipped with one of these can undo some of those costly mistakes for a price.
Want to revive someone in Crucible without exposing yourself? If you're okay with giving up a secondary, and you are willing to have greatly reduced health for a fair amount of time, you now have an option.
Are there far too many orbs for you to use, but you want to deter enemies and heal teammates? Could be useful in a pinch (L2 platform during Oryx fight, anyone?).
Once hit, downed players will have a swirling light around their orb, alerting enemy players of the weapon's effect (and informing them that an enemy player has reduced health).

This seems pretty cool!

by Claude Errera @, Monday, March 20, 2017, 14:38 (2565 days ago) @ Korny

Can't think of any real downsides right now (though I haven't put a lot of time into it) - I like it!

This seems pretty cool!

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Monday, March 20, 2017, 17:51 (2565 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Can't think of any real downsides right now (though I haven't put a lot of time into it) - I like it!

I can imagine LFG groups requiring its usage in hard mode raids…

Exotic Concept: Strange Aeons.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, March 20, 2017, 14:50 (2565 days ago) @ Korny

Strange Aeons
[image]
"...and the life of the single candle will not be shortened... once we work out all the kinks."

Exotic Perk:
The Eternal Lie- Shooting a downed teammate's Ghost will instantly revive them once the revive timer hits zero.
Shooting Orbs generated by Supers will cause them to detonate, damaging minions of the Darkness and creating a temporary healing zone for teammates.
Every shot fired reduces user's health by 30% for 14 seconds.

Magazine:
0-4 (Regenerates one round every seven seconds)

<--The result of a collaboration between Omolon and Warlock scientists, this modified Defiance of Yasmin has the effect of restoring Light rather than draining it (surely the Hive will not approve). Guardians must take care when firing the weapon, as it uses the operator's own Light as fuel for the shots.-->

--------------------

D1: Guaranteed 400 Light drop from completing all Challenges in a single run of King's Fall (Weekly Raid).

D2: (Special Hive questline).

I wanted to have a weapon that is truly exotic. In this case, one that restores life (but as it's clearly a prototype, it can end up costing the life of the user if they're not careful). Tired of hearing "Yeah, that's a wipe" because of a careless death in a Hard mode raid? Having a player equipped with one of these can undo some of those costly mistakes for a price.
Want to revive someone in Crucible without exposing yourself? If you're okay with giving up a secondary, and you are willing to have greatly reduced health for a fair amount of time, you now have an option.
Are there far too many orbs for you to use, but you want to deter enemies and heal teammates? Could be useful in a pinch (L2 platform during Oryx fight, anyone?).
Once hit, downed players will have a swirling light around their orb, alerting enemy players of the weapon's effect (and informing them that an enemy player has reduced health).

Nice concept, Korny. The perk would come in handier than the shoot ammo perk ever did, IMHO. It might break Trials--I can't really speak to that.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread