Des2ny Official (Destiny)

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Monday, March 27, 2017, 15:05 (2559 days ago)
edited by unoudid, Monday, March 27, 2017, 15:12

AKA burn the last city to the ground

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Monday, March 27, 2017, 15:12 (2559 days ago) @ unoudid

- No text -

they're gonna need Virgil

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Monday, March 27, 2017, 15:42 (2559 days ago) @ unoudid

[image]

Rasputin is rampant Virgil

by squidnh3, Monday, March 27, 2017, 15:46 (2559 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

- No text -

Vergil, otherwise +1

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, March 27, 2017, 16:05 (2559 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

- No text -

Terrible name

by Grizzlei ⌂ @, Pacific Cloud Zone, Earth, Monday, March 27, 2017, 15:14 (2559 days ago) @ unoudid

+1

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Monday, March 27, 2017, 15:18 (2559 days ago) @ Grizzlei

Destiny's Child would have been epic

Terrible name

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Monday, March 27, 2017, 15:24 (2559 days ago) @ Grizzlei

[image]

" Welcome to our Crib... And... this is it."

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Monday, March 27, 2017, 15:34 (2559 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

- No text -

Yes!

by breitzen @, Kansas, Monday, March 27, 2017, 15:25 (2559 days ago) @ Grizzlei

- No text -

Des2ny: The Tale of Two Travelers

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Monday, March 27, 2017, 15:32 (2559 days ago) @ unoudid

[image]

2 Travelers 2 Furious

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Monday, March 27, 2017, 16:24 (2559 days ago) @ unoudid

- No text -

2 Travelers 1 Cayde

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Monday, March 27, 2017, 16:25 (2559 days ago) @ unoudid

- No text -

Destiny 2: After the Armageddon

by BlackstarBSP, Monday, March 27, 2017, 18:03 (2559 days ago) @ unoudid

[image]

Destiny 2: Electric Boogaloo

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Monday, March 27, 2017, 15:44 (2559 days ago) @ unoudid

- No text -

2 Destiny 2 Frabjous

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Monday, March 27, 2017, 16:17 (2559 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

- No text -

Destiny 2: Titan Slam - O.P.

by BlackstarBSP, Monday, March 27, 2017, 18:04 (2559 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

- No text -

That image looks familiar...

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Monday, March 27, 2017, 15:53 (2559 days ago) @ unoudid

Called it.

#ManKitten is Canon

Woah.

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Monday, March 27, 2017, 16:01 (2559 days ago) @ ManKitten

- No text -

Weird.

by Funkmon @, Monday, March 27, 2017, 16:07 (2559 days ago) @ ManKitten

Didn't see that post either. Great image.

And in case you're wondering how it got that way...

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Monday, March 27, 2017, 16:28 (2559 days ago) @ ManKitten

Called it.

#ManKitten is Canon

Will Korny be Canon too?

(I noticed that during that entire post of mine, I never say the word "dropship", but hopefully that was understood.)

The ManKorny combo is strong.

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Monday, March 27, 2017, 18:02 (2559 days ago) @ Korny

- No text -

Destiny 2: The Destining

by bluerunner @, Music City, Monday, March 27, 2017, 15:56 (2559 days ago) @ unoudid

I hope Destiny 2 is a lot like Destiny 1 only it's Destiny 1 on fire, going 130 miles per hour through a hospital zone, being chased by helicopters and ninjas, and the ninjas are all on fire too.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, March 27, 2017, 16:13 (2559 days ago) @ bluerunner

I hope Destiny 2 is a lot like Destiny 1 only it's Destiny 1 on fire, going 130 miles per hour through a hospital zone, being chased by helicopters and ninjas, and the ninjas are all on fire too.

This.

Let's hope that you don't mean that it has a truncated overly ambitious story where major events are described via voiceover during gameplay because they ran out of time to actually put them into the game.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Monday, March 27, 2017, 16:15 (2559 days ago) @ Kermit

This.

Let's hope that you don't mean that it has a truncated overly ambitious story where major events are described via voiceover during gameplay because they ran out of time to actually put them into the game.

That would be an improvement, because that would mean Des2ny actually has a story!

by bluerunner @, Music City, Monday, March 27, 2017, 16:47 (2559 days ago) @ Kermit

This.

I meant it has a truncated overly ambitious level design that has to be scrapped and the third act of the game has to be moved to Destiny 3 because they had to start all over and ran out of time.

Oh, okay. That's different.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, March 27, 2017, 16:53 (2559 days ago) @ bluerunner

- No text -

+2

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Monday, March 27, 2017, 17:23 (2559 days ago) @ Kermit

- No text -

by MartyTheElder, Tuesday, March 28, 2017, 15:46 (2558 days ago) @ bluerunner

Little known fact: that quote was written by Jaime Griesemer when we asked him for a "Jason Jones" PR statement regarding Halo 2.

Although first time it was "through a school zone".

I'll wait for an actual announcement. Might not be real. :|

by Funkmon @, Monday, March 27, 2017, 16:08 (2559 days ago) @ unoudid

- No text -

They announced it 4 realz yo

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Monday, March 27, 2017, 16:10 (2559 days ago) @ Funkmon

- No text -

I'll wait for an actual announcement. Might not be real. :|

by EffortlessFury @, Monday, March 27, 2017, 16:11 (2559 days ago) @ Funkmon

Very unlikely that it isn't. This is their official twitter. Simultaneously, physical Gamestop pre-order bonuses have turned up this morning as well.

The fact that posters started leaking last week means they were being distributed last week, implying (to me, at least) that there was global prep for some sort of announcement.

Yeah I know. Waiting for press release.

by Funkmon @, Monday, March 27, 2017, 18:05 (2559 days ago) @ EffortlessFury

- No text -

2 Des 2 Tiny

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Monday, March 27, 2017, 16:30 (2559 days ago) @ unoudid

Destiny: SRL Drift

Deuxstiny

by Schooly D, TSD Gaming Condo, TX, Monday, March 27, 2017, 17:30 (2559 days ago) @ unoudid

Deucetiny
Dostiny
Dorjtiny

Deuxstiny

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Monday, March 27, 2017, 19:25 (2558 days ago) @ Schooly D

Deucetiny Douchetiny

Oh the Salinity!

by Pyromancy @, discovering fire every week, Monday, March 27, 2017, 19:36 (2558 days ago) @ unoudid

[image]

Deej Correction: No 2nd Traveler

by Zero @, Florida, Monday, March 27, 2017, 18:40 (2559 days ago) @ unoudid

[image]

Wat?

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Monday, March 27, 2017, 18:50 (2559 days ago) @ Zero

- No text -

Wat?

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Monday, March 27, 2017, 18:54 (2559 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

The original image had what looked like a 2nd Traveler in the background, faintly poking out from behind the main one. Many people were speculating that it was just a photo-shop error, which it turns out is the case.

Wat?

by Pyromancy @, discovering fire every week, Monday, March 27, 2017, 19:47 (2558 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

The original image had what looked like a 2nd Traveler in the background, faintly poking out from behind the main one. Many people were speculating that it was just a photo-shop error, which it turns out is the case.

Did the artist just paint over an older existing piece of art, and the removal of the old Traveller somehow fell through the cracks?

This might be fun, can we identify the older image and match it up/overlay it with the error?

Wat?

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Monday, March 27, 2017, 23:26 (2558 days ago) @ Pyromancy

Did the artist just paint over an older existing piece of art, and the removal of the old Traveller somehow fell through the cracks?

This might be fun, can we identify the older image and match it up/overlay it with the error?

A possible source was posted to the Reddit MegaThread (check the last image). Looks like they used the Tower skybox and made some minor changes.

-Disciple

Seizure warning *IMG* Its like Club Errera in here

by Pyromancy @, discovering fire every week, Tuesday, March 28, 2017, 02:26 (2558 days ago) @ DiscipleN2k
edited by Pyromancy, Tuesday, March 28, 2017, 02:34

A possible source was posted to the Reddit MegaThread (check the last image). Looks like they used the Tower skybox and made some minor changes.

Wish I could find exactly what you are talking about. 3000+ post mega thread, with little to no info/details to try go off of, not cool!

This was the closest thing I could find over there

Seizure warning:
http://i.imgur.com/ijYsFvs.gifv

[image]

Seizure warning *IMG* Its like Club Errera in here

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Tuesday, March 28, 2017, 02:36 (2558 days ago) @ Pyromancy

It was in the gif section of the original post, but the imgur link is now dead for some reason.

-Disciple

nevermind, i see now IMGs

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Monday, March 27, 2017, 18:55 (2558 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

original
[image]

updated:
[image]

Tower Thoughts:

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Monday, March 27, 2017, 19:17 (2558 days ago) @ unoudid

I really hope that we get to experience a little of the last city before it fully burns to the ground. looking out over it for 3 years has me wondering what's actually down there.

Would be excited for an Outskirts/Metropolis level.

by Funkmon @, Monday, March 27, 2017, 22:42 (2558 days ago) @ unoudid

- No text -

Well. Here we go.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Monday, March 27, 2017, 19:30 (2558 days ago) @ unoudid

Note to self. Do not board the hype train. DON'T. do. it.

*Be Strong*

HHnnGGGGGGGG. >_<

Now I just need to do this for 8 or so months, includeing E3.

I'll be fine. Really. Yep. No problem. Not... even worried. One bit. Mmm-hm.

Yep.

Well. Here we go.

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Monday, March 27, 2017, 19:48 (2558 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Personally, I've never been let down by any of Bungie's hype. And I've been built up with some pretty high expectations.

I think the biggest hype/letdown game I've ever played was The Division. It was 2 years of buildup resulting in me playing the beta and thinking "well...I think I've seen everything the game has to offer."...and being right.

I'm standing by the tracks with all my bags packed. This will be a short trip of 6 months with some good detours on the way. Blow the whistle, WOO WOO!!

AoT is going to be fun, and once I complete all I can, Destiny 1 is going into a boat that gets pushed into the ocean as I fire flaming arrows at it.

Well. Here we go.

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Monday, March 27, 2017, 19:50 (2558 days ago) @ ManKitten

I think the biggest hype/letdown game I've ever played was The Division. It was 2 years of buildup resulting in me playing the beta and thinking "well...I think I've seen everything the game has to offer."...and being right.

I think i have Battered Agent Syndrome, b/c i keep going back to the Division, despite the train wreck that it is. I'm playing Ghost Recon Wildlands right now, and it's pretty good. I don't foresee much replayability with it though.

8 months? Try less than 6 months!

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Monday, March 27, 2017, 21:03 (2558 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

[image]

pretty sure that's gibberish

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Monday, March 27, 2017, 21:07 (2558 days ago) @ Xenos

As a good 'murican I refuse to acknowledge any other language besides the officially unofficial English language. I can only see Destiny 2 in that picture. who actually knows when it will be released.

pretty sure that's gibberish

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Monday, March 27, 2017, 21:09 (2558 days ago) @ unoudid

As a good 'murican I refuse to acknowledge any other language besides the officially unofficial English language. I can only see Destiny 2 in that picture. who actually knows when it will be released.

Good point, how can we as Americans even know that says September?

Fun fact about Italians

by Funkmon @, Monday, March 27, 2017, 22:47 (2558 days ago) @ Xenos

They don't like words to end in a consonant and are extremely averse to syllables with consonant clusters at the coda. Italian has these exceptionally rarely, so when speaking foreign languages they often unconsciously insert a vowel to solve this problem.

That leads to the most distinctive part of an Italian accent, the schwa at the end of words. It'sa me, Mario!

They're not wrong, though

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Tuesday, March 28, 2017, 01:52 (2558 days ago) @ Funkmon

They make it all sound so much better

Conventionally true, but...

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Tuesday, March 28, 2017, 14:45 (2558 days ago) @ Xenos

[image]

You didn't consider the effects to Hype Train Space-Time. The faster it gets, the longer the wait feels. It's science.

Duh. :P

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, March 28, 2017, 15:04 (2558 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

[image]

You didn't consider the effects to Hype Train Space-Time. The faster it gets, the longer the wait feels. It's science.

Technically the faster you go the less you wait…

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Tuesday, March 28, 2017, 15:52 (2558 days ago) @ Cody Miller

[image]

Hence "Hype Train Space-Time". It is it's own reality. (It is it's? Does that work? Well here is does! Mu-HAHAHAHA!)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, March 28, 2017, 16:47 (2558 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

[image]

Hence "Hype Train Space-Time". It is it's own reality. (It is it's? Does that work? Well here is does! Mu-HAHAHAHA!)

Its. No apostrophe. It's means "it is". Its means possessive.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread