Raid Clinic (Crota on PS4 Edition) (Fireteam Builder Events)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, April 24, 2017, 21:21 (2552 days ago)
edited by Kermit, Monday, April 24, 2017, 21:34

CruelLEGACEY and I discovered that we were thinking the same thing at the precisely same time. There are key raid positions that some of us are uncomfortable taking during a raid. I confess that I AM ONE OF THOSE PEOPLE. We seldom get to practice in a low-pressure environment.

The idea of raid clinics is to provide that environment, and also provide guidance from a skilled player, which in this case is the very skilled CruelLEGACEY.

This week's focus is on swordbearing. We'll try to have a checkpoint ready, but if not we'll just speed thru. Once at Crota, we'll rotate and try to give everyone who signs up a chance to practice, maybe even with different characters.

We're thinking 9-11 EDT Thursday. Sign up here.

Thanks for your interest, and happy raiding.

Kermit & Cruel

P.S. I think I've mentioned this idea to a few of you on the Xbox side of things. Waiting for an instructor to commit. :)

Original said Wed. Meant Thurs. Now fixed.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, April 24, 2017, 21:34 (2552 days ago) @ Kermit

- No text -

Raid Clinic (Crota on PS4 Edition)

by Dame117 @, Missouri, Monday, April 24, 2017, 21:36 (2552 days ago) @ Kermit

Great idea guys :)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Thursday, April 27, 2017, 16:24 (2549 days ago) @ Kermit

I noticed there are a couple "tentatives" for tonight's event who want to join but can't get online until a little later. I can't speak for the rest of the group, but I'd be more than happy to stay on longer so that we can cycle people in and out of the group (time permitting, of course). We'll have to play it by ear, but we'll do our best to give everyone a shot.

We're also planning on streaming it...

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Thursday, April 27, 2017, 17:09 (2549 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

so check back here around 9 EDT for the link.

We're also planning on streaming it... (link)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Thursday, April 27, 2017, 17:13 (2549 days ago) @ Kermit

My twitch channel is here:

https://www.twitch.tv/cruellegacey

We're also planning on streaming it... (link)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Thursday, April 27, 2017, 23:12 (2549 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

My twitch channel is here:

https://www.twitch.tv/cruellegacey

Broadcast is live now.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Friday, April 28, 2017, 15:39 (2548 days ago) @ Kermit

CruelLEGACEY and I discovered that we were thinking the same thing at the precisely same time. There are key raid positions that some of us are uncomfortable taking during a raid. I confess that I AM ONE OF THOSE PEOPLE. We seldom get to practice in a low-pressure environment.

The idea of raid clinics is to provide that environment, and also provide guidance from a skilled player, which in this case is the very skilled CruelLEGACEY.

This week's focus is on swordbearing. We'll try to have a checkpoint ready, but if not we'll just speed thru. Once at Crota, we'll rotate and try to give everyone who signs up a chance to practice, maybe even with different characters.

We're thinking 9-11 EDT Thursday. Sign up here.

Thanks for your interest, and happy raiding.

Kermit & Cruel

P.S. I think I've mentioned this idea to a few of you on the Xbox side of things. Waiting for an instructor to commit. :)

I think that went well. Apologies to those who didn't get to run the sword--especially to Bigarm who I don't think has done it. (We'll probably try again this weekend, so join us if you see us with an empty spot). I kept the sword way too long (think I got into real raid mode--must continue doing this until we beat him!), but I have to say it was satisfying to see him to go down by my own hand.

A lot of the mystique of sword-running has been diminished--it was therapeutic for me, who had built it up into a big thing. Thanks to Cruel for giving fantastic advice all along the way. The last few runs I think I actually began feathering my jump!

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread