Mixed feelings (DBO)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Thursday, June 22, 2017, 15:39 (2497 days ago)

Zero cancelled tonight's VOG raid. Bummer.

I get to play more Horizon: Zero Dawn. Yea!

Yea!

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Thursday, June 22, 2017, 15:42 (2497 days ago) @ Kermit

- No text -

Speaking of things you are playing . . .

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, June 22, 2017, 15:46 (2497 days ago) @ Kermit

Did you start Wolfenstein, yet? You mentioned wanting to start it last Saturday, I think.

Whenever you do, push through the first mission. It suuuuucks. It's bad. The game gets much better in every regard afterwards.

I quit playing halfway through the first mission, but, luckily the Giant Bomb guys talked about that exact thing on this week's podcast, and said it gets much better. I took them at their word and pushed through, and I'm glad I did.

I want to play Horizon again, but I think I'm going to wait until shortly before the DLC drops, so I can play it and then roll right into the DLC.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Thursday, June 22, 2017, 16:03 (2497 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Did you start Wolfenstein, yet? You mentioned wanting to start it last Saturday, I think.

Whenever you do, push through the first mission. It suuuuucks. It's bad. The game gets much better in every regard afterwards.

I quit playing halfway through the first mission, but, luckily the Giant Bomb guys talked about that exact thing on this week's podcast, and said it gets much better. I took them at their word and pushed through, and I'm glad I did.

I did exactly the same thing, but I'd also read not to judge the game by that. I bought it new and I've been wanting to play it but never fit it in. I'll let you know.

I want to play Horizon again, but I think I'm going to wait until shortly before the DLC drops, so I can play it and then roll right into the DLC.

I used my first fast travel pack yesterday. Otherwise, I've been treating it like a real world simulator, roaming around, doing only missions that were convenient to where I was. My latest tactic has been calling my steed and letting him/her/it kill the baddies. (The "animal" behavior in this game is fantastic.) It's been great, but I think it's time to spend some shards, update everything, and get down to business. I've got more flowers and sticks than you can shake a stick at.

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, June 22, 2017, 16:59 (2497 days ago) @ Kermit

I used my first fast travel pack yesterday. Otherwise, I've been treating it like a real world simulator, roaming around, doing only missions that were convenient to where I was. My latest tactic has been calling my steed and letting him/her/it kill the baddies. (The "animal" behavior in this game is fantastic.) It's been great, but I think it's time to spend some shards, update everything, and get down to business. I've got more flowers and sticks than you can shake a stick at.

Just wait until you get some corruption arrows. They're my favorite weapon for sure. Man, I really wanna play HZD.

I've nearly got the Platinum. Just gotta find a few more Grazer dummies.

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Thursday, June 22, 2017, 17:07 (2497 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I'd recommend ditching some of those stick bundles periodically. You tend to have way more stacks than you need, and they constantly fill up, taking up inventory space that could be used on Lenses and Hearts.

Just wait until you get some corruption arrows. They're my favorite weapon for sure. Man, I really wanna play HZD.

I never did get to make use of uncommon elemental arrows. Lots of potential there...

That's the only Trophy that I'm missing, I think.

I just started the game over to play in Spanish (really happy with the voiceovers so far), so this might be a great opportunity to get those dummies.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Thursday, June 22, 2017, 17:22 (2497 days ago) @ Korny

I'd recommend ditching some of those stick bundles periodically. You tend to have way more stacks than you need, and they constantly fill up, taking up inventory space that could be used on Lenses and Hearts.

I never did get to make use of uncommon elemental arrows. Lots of potential there...

I've become a fan of the tear arrows.

That's the only Trophy that I'm missing, I think.

I just started the game over to play in Spanish (really happy with the voiceovers so far), so this might be a great opportunity to get those dummies.

You're supposed to kill them all? Crap. I always feel like a hoodlum doing that.

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, June 22, 2017, 17:32 (2497 days ago) @ Kermit

Tear arrows are definitely great, but I came to rely on them too much and it turned all the fights into easy mode after a while. Corruption arrows do, too, I guess, but it's fun to watch machines fight each other.

You're supposed to kill them all? Crap. I always feel like a hoodlum doing that.

There's a trophy for getting all 23 of them. It's honestly the only one that feels sort of like a chore.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Thursday, June 22, 2017, 17:49 (2497 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Tear arrows are definitely great, but I came to rely on them too much and it turned all the fights into easy mode after a while. Corruption arrows do, too, I guess, but it's fun to watch machines fight each other.

To me that's one of the most amazing things about the game. It's Mutual of Ohama's Wild Post-apocalyptic Robotic Wild Kingdom.

The game also has a way forcing you to respect the animals. What I mean by that is how you can get killed very quickly if you get careless, even by animals you've become less afraid of.

Mixed feelings

by Zero @, Florida, Thursday, June 22, 2017, 16:15 (2497 days ago) @ Kermit

Well, no one really showed up, another raid was scheduled for the exact same time, we've gone through so many runs of VoG recently, and I just need to get out of the house tonight, go somewhere else for once. All this studying for the A+ exam I'm taking next week is driving me nuts.

Mixed feelings

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Thursday, June 22, 2017, 16:38 (2497 days ago) @ Zero

Well, no one really showed up, another raid was scheduled for the exact same time, we've gone through so many runs of VoG recently, and I just need to get out of the house tonight, go somewhere else for once. All this studying for the A+ exam I'm taking next week is driving me nuts.

I showed up!

Seriously, that's great! There's more to life than video games (and studying).

Mixed feelings

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Thursday, June 22, 2017, 17:08 (2497 days ago) @ Kermit

There's more to life than video games.

LIES!!!!!!

Like the computer hardware exam?

by Funkmon @, Friday, June 23, 2017, 15:55 (2496 days ago) @ Zero

Dude don't worry about it. Unless I got hugely lucky, it was a joke to do those tests...back in 2005 when I was A+ and Network+ certified. Of course back then token ring was still on the exam...maybe they're hard now.

Like the computer hardware exam?

by Zero @, Florida, Friday, June 23, 2017, 16:13 (2496 days ago) @ Funkmon
edited by Zero, Friday, June 23, 2017, 16:26

Dude don't worry about it. Unless I got hugely lucky, it was a joke to do those tests...back in 2005 when I was A+ and Network+ certified. Of course back then token ring was still on the exam...maybe they're hard now.

Oh they're 2 different exams now, 901 for hardware and 902 for software. And the software one wants you to know about a dozen different command line codes for windows, mac, and linux. Thankfully though you don't have to take both exams at the same time and I've given myself about a week to study up on the 902 because it's just going to suck.

sudo mkfs.ntfs -f /dev/sda1

by Funkmon @, Saturday, June 24, 2017, 06:50 (2496 days ago) @ Zero

- No text -

O__O

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Monday, June 26, 2017, 06:42 (2494 days ago) @ Funkmon

- No text -

You need'a ditch that Zero and get yourself a... Zero! Dawn!

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Thursday, June 22, 2017, 16:46 (2497 days ago) @ Kermit

- No text -

You need'a ditch that Zero and get yourself a... Zero! Dawn!

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Thursday, June 22, 2017, 17:17 (2497 days ago) @ Korny

Mixed feelings

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, June 22, 2017, 17:56 (2497 days ago) @ Kermit

Zero cancelled tonight's VOG raid. Bummer.

I get to play more Horizon: Zero Dawn. Yea!

Zero huh. Now I want to replay MGS4.

[image]

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread