Gameplay video of D2 social space "The Farm" (Destiny)

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Wednesday, July 05, 2017, 10:03 (2481 days ago)

Spoiler

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Wednesday, July 05, 2017, 10:12 (2481 days ago) @ CyberKN

There are lots of chickens

*SPOILER*

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Wednesday, July 05, 2017, 10:13 (2481 days ago) @ unoudid

RIP Rahool

*SPOILER*

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Wednesday, July 05, 2017, 10:14 (2481 days ago) @ Xenos

RIP Rahool

He had it coming

*SPOILER*

by Claude Errera @, Wednesday, July 05, 2017, 10:14 (2481 days ago) @ Xenos

RIP Rahool

Eh. you don't know that. You just know he's not the Cryptarch in the first social space unveiled.

*SPOILER*

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Wednesday, July 05, 2017, 10:15 (2481 days ago) @ Claude Errera

RIP Rahool

Eh. you don't know that. You just know he's not the Cryptarch in the first social space unveiled.

A man can dream can't he?

*SPOILER*

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Wednesday, July 05, 2017, 10:20 (2481 days ago) @ Claude Errera

RIP Rahool

Louis Wu, The Dream Crusher

Spoiler

by CougRon, Auburn, WA, USA, Wednesday, July 05, 2017, 10:23 (2481 days ago) @ unoudid

Fully functional soccer field. How long until matches are organized on DBO and/or such matches can be set up in the Fireteam Builder?
Plus, 25 people at once in the space

Gameplay video of D2 social space "The Farm"

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Wednesday, July 05, 2017, 10:41 (2481 days ago) @ CyberKN

I had to watch on my phone so it was tough to tell, but...

Did they finally give that welder on the roof a welding hood to wear? It really bugged me during the reveal that the welder had zero ocular or facial PPE.

#SafetyFirst

Gameplay video of D2 social space "The Farm"

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Wednesday, July 05, 2017, 10:51 (2481 days ago) @ ManKitten

I had to watch on my phone so it was tough to tell, but...

Did they finally give that welder on the roof a welding hood to wear? It really bugged me during the reveal that the welder had zero ocular or facial PPE.

#SafetyFirst

#PPETransitionContacts...

Looks cool!

by cheapLEY @, Wednesday, July 05, 2017, 11:18 (2481 days ago) @ CyberKN

I wonder if we'll go to the Shard at some point. Seems like an obvious thing to do, as the Guardians flounder without Light.

Looks cool!

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Wednesday, July 05, 2017, 11:52 (2480 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Looks like just a skybox piece to me, but who knows?

BG2 vibes

by electricpirate @, Wednesday, July 05, 2017, 12:57 (2480 days ago) @ CyberKN

Gives me a Baldurs Gate 2, and setting up your safe place vibe. In BG2 you could add vendors and such to the space.

Also, I think the "tools to call attention to yourself" is a wonderful way to put things, and pretty smart wrt to the social elements of Destiny.

I'm not sure I want to watch these...

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Wednesday, July 05, 2017, 14:32 (2480 days ago) @ CyberKN

is it too early to go dark?

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Wednesday, July 05, 2017, 14:45 (2480 days ago) @ Kermit

is it too early to go dark?

Definitely not. I will say, this is pretty light on spoilers. Mostly what it shows you is just the general layout. It's very quick and doesn't stick around in any area for any extended amount of time. That said, if you want to first see the space in game instead of in a video, I don't blame you.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Wednesday, July 05, 2017, 15:06 (2480 days ago) @ Xenos

That said, if you want to first see the space in game instead of in a video, I don't blame you.

That's exactly what I want. I'd be very surprised if this area isn't in the beta regardless, so it's not like I have long to wait.

Gameplay video of D2 social space "The Farm" *Spoilers*

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Wednesday, July 05, 2017, 18:16 (2480 days ago) @ CyberKN

The space seems cool from a functionality point of view, and it certainly fits thematically with where our guardians are in the story of D2 (on the ropes, trying to rebuild, etc).
I do hope, however, that we get other social spaces fairly soon. All of the spaces in D1 had a certain majestic quality that I really enjoy, and I'm not getting that vibe from this new space at all so far. It's practical, but kinda dull (as one might expect from a farm).

by DEEP_NNN, Wednesday, July 05, 2017, 20:17 (2480 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

My thoughts exactly but I didn't want to be negative right out of the gate.

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Wednesday, July 05, 2017, 20:53 (2480 days ago) @ DEEP_NNN

My thoughts exactly but I didn't want to be negative right out of the gate.

I don't mean to sound negative about what they've shown, because I do like it. It's just missing that sense of awe and wonder that led me to take countless screenshots in the Tower, Lighthouse, and Felwinter's Peak.

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Wednesday, July 05, 2017, 20:51 (2480 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

The space seems cool from a functionality point of view, and it certainly fits thematically with where our guardians are in the story of D2 (on the ropes, trying to rebuild, etc).
I do hope, however, that we get other social spaces fairly soon. All of the spaces in D1 had a certain majestic quality that I really enjoy, and I'm not getting that vibe from this new space at all so far. It's practical, but kinda dull (as one might expect from a farm).

Meh. I never really liked the view from the Vestian Outpost. Always felt like a bunch of nonsensical jumble of ship and station parts all heavily obscured by a nebula that has only its overwhelming purplenessto recommend it. It’s certainly not interesting. Similarly, the ship hovering endlessly at a frustratingly difficult to judge distance adds little, and the fighters flying by are traveling in fairly unimaginative parallel vectors to each other and to the spaceward opening of the Outpost.

Sure, The Farm may not Tower over the last safe city on earth or Peak above a majestic mountain range, but I think it’ll be pretty cool if we’re essentially looking down into the sections of the EDZ that we’ll be exploring. Plus, it just looks that much more dynamic than any of the spaces we’ve seen so far. And if it really grows and changes like the Bungie guy said, even if it’s just getting faction reps / move civilians wandering around or working / members of the Vanguard, I’ll enjoy it all the more.

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Wednesday, July 05, 2017, 20:55 (2480 days ago) @ Ragashingo

Meh. I never really liked the view from the Vestian Outpost. Always felt like a bunch of nonsensical jumble of ship and station parts all heavily obscured by a nebula that has only its overwhelming purplenessto recommend it. It’s certainly not interesting. Similarly, the ship hovering endlessly at a frustratingly difficult to judge distance adds little, and the fighters flying by are traveling in fairly unimaginative parallel vectors to each other and to the spaceward opening of the Outpost.

Sure, The Farm may not Tower over the last safe city on earth or Peak above a majestic mountain range, but I think it’ll be pretty cool if we’re essentially looking down into the sections of the EDZ that we’ll be exploring. Plus, it just looks that much more dynamic than any of the spaces we’ve seen so far. And if it really grows and changes like the Bungie guy said, even if it’s just getting faction reps / move civilians wandering around or working / members of the Vanguard, I’ll enjoy it all the more.

Yeah like I said, all the functionality stuff has me really excited. I just mean from a purely visual point of view, it does nothing to make me want to spend time there.

I fully agree about the Reef, by the way.

by DEEP_NNN, Thursday, July 06, 2017, 08:13 (2480 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

On the plus side, the seemingly endless twisting and turning transiting the Tower's gray corridors will be replaced by more direct trajectories over green grass.

On a bad day, I could get a little nauseous going back and forth between vendors.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, July 06, 2017, 09:16 (2480 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY
edited by Cody Miller, Thursday, July 06, 2017, 09:23

Perhaps majestic isn't appropriate anymore. That was the feeling when under the travelers protection, and looking out over this city which we can only imagine what it's like.

Now we are on the run.

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Thursday, July 06, 2017, 11:28 (2480 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Perhaps majestic isn't appropriate anymore. That was the feeling when under the travelers protection, and looking out over this city which we can only imagine what it's like.

Now we are on the run.

Yep. As I said, it fits thematically. Just not a vibe that does anything for me one way or another.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, July 06, 2017, 12:01 (2479 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Now we are on the run.

Yep. As I said, it fits thematically. Just not a vibe that does anything for me one way or another.

I think the nature of the story and lore is itself going to shift away from 'majestic'. Any other social spaces I feel would lack this quality as well in Des2ny.

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, July 06, 2017, 15:08 (2479 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I hope not. That majestic high fantasy stuff is my favorite stuff about the Destiny universe and design. Don't get my wrong, I love a good underdog story, and good downfall and redemption stories, but I think abandoning that majesty would be a huge mistake. Destiny is nothing if not grandiose, and I'd be disappointed if we don't get more of that.

by bluerunner @, Music City, Thursday, July 06, 2017, 14:46 (2479 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

It's practical, but kinda dull (as one might expect from a farm).

It's season 2 of The Walking Dead.

New NPC Dialogue

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, July 06, 2017, 10:12 (2480 days ago) @ CyberKN

NPC: [Says something in a weird accent]
Guardian: "Your accent is weird, I can't understand you"
NPC: "Get used to it. Out in the wild, this is how we talk"

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread