Clan Migration Discussion Thread (DBO)

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Wednesday, August 16, 2017, 12:40 (2437 days ago)

This is the discussion thread for the D2 Clan Migration and DBO Community Guidelines sticky post. If you haven't yet, go read it, then come back here! Have questions about how we're handling the Clans for D2? This is the place to ask 'em!

I signed up for PC

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Wednesday, August 16, 2017, 12:49 (2437 days ago) @ Beorn

Don't read too much into that. I'm PC-curious.

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Wednesday, August 16, 2017, 13:12 (2437 days ago) @ Kermit

I need you to sign up for PSN too. There are only four of us at the moment, and one of them is kinda fake anyway!

Seriously though - and for everyone else that is wondering - the idea is that if you play on multiple platforms, you should join the clans for all of the platforms you will actually play with us on - and then "enable" each clan as the clan for that respective platform.

I.e. - you should join the "DestinyBungieOrg PSN" clan and enable it as your PSN clan, and also the "DestinyBungieOrg XBL" clan and enable it as your XBL clan.

What you should *not* do is join one clan and then try to enable it as your clan for multiple platforms.
(lookin at you Korny!)

Oh, don't worry. I did.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Wednesday, August 16, 2017, 14:54 (2437 days ago) @ Speedracer513

- No text -

Oh, don't worry. I did.

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Wednesday, August 16, 2017, 14:56 (2437 days ago) @ Kermit

I see that.... BUT, you haven't taken the next step of clicking "Set as my PlayStation Clan" on the group page yet!

(That goes for most of you that I've approved for the group so far -- don't forget the extra step!)

Oh, don't worry. I did.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Wednesday, August 16, 2017, 15:33 (2437 days ago) @ Speedracer513

I see that.... BUT, you haven't taken the next step of clicking "Set as my PlayStation Clan" on the group page yet!

(That goes for most of you that I've approved for the group so far -- don't forget the extra step!)

I have a job you know. :)

DONE.

(Can't do it for the PC group, but I assume that's because I haven't set up a Battle.net account.)

Oh, don't worry. I did.

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Wednesday, August 16, 2017, 15:35 (2437 days ago) @ Kermit

(Can't do it for the PC group, but I assume that's because I haven't set up a Battle.net account.)

Actually, it's not an option at all for the PC side yet. We're thinking it'll probably open up next week when all the other clan migration happens.

Oh, don't worry. I did.

by cheapLEY @, Wednesday, August 16, 2017, 16:32 (2437 days ago) @ Speedracer513

Just did, thanks!

Go Kermit go! Go for the Triple Crown!

by Pyromancy @, discovering fire every week, Wednesday, August 16, 2017, 18:38 (2437 days ago) @ Kermit

- No text -

Joining group for PS4 but staying in my old clan

by Kahzgul, Wednesday, August 16, 2017, 13:22 (2437 days ago) @ Beorn

That's cool, right? I like to be able to hang out with you guys, but my IRL friends come first. I'm sure you understand.

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Wednesday, August 16, 2017, 13:58 (2437 days ago) @ Kahzgul

That's cool, right? I like to be able to hang out with you guys, but my IRL friends come first. I'm sure you understand.

Sure.... but know that next week you will probably be auto-removed from the group when Bungie's actual clan migration occurs. From Bungie's FAQ:

What will happen to non-Clan members of Groups that choose the "Upgrade Clan" option? Added 8/3/2017

Groups that choose the "Upgrade Clan" option will have all of their non-Clan members removed when the Group is deleted on August 23.

by Kahzgul, Wednesday, August 16, 2017, 23:57 (2437 days ago) @ Speedracer513

Well that's disappointing.

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Wednesday, August 16, 2017, 14:01 (2437 days ago) @ Kahzgul

Uhhhh... Okay.

by Kahzgul, Wednesday, August 16, 2017, 23:56 (2437 days ago) @ stabbim

- No text -

*Invite Sent!*

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Wednesday, August 16, 2017, 14:09 (2437 days ago) @ Beorn
edited by INSANEdrive, Wednesday, August 16, 2017, 14:51

Just in case. My heart is currently at battle in the emperors main hall.

Not even 30 Sec. Edit: Xenos... are you a robot? That was way too quick. Why doesn't the spam filer catch you?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Edit 2: May I also suggest that instead of "Ne cede malis" (yield not to misfortunes) we have instead "Multa paucis" (say much in few words).

Why? Well the other two clans are front page based...so. This works with the theme I think.

*Invite Sent!*

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Wednesday, August 16, 2017, 14:43 (2437 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Just in case. My heart is currently at battle in the emperors main hall.

Not even 30 Sec. Edit: Xenos... are you a robot? That was way too quick. Why doesn't the spam filer catch you?

Because I am not a robot. Logically I couldn't be with such anthropomorphic verbalization. HA HA HA HA HA.

Vortech already gave us a solution to this.

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Wednesday, August 16, 2017, 14:47 (2437 days ago) @ Xenos

Because I am not a robot.

I think that's for someone else to decide. Specifically, via Vortec:

Robot or Not - John Siracusa classifies different things as either being a Robot, or not. (and then the show expands after that to other issues of classification)

Oh. I see. You got the latest Bungie *wink* update.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Wednesday, August 16, 2017, 14:53 (2437 days ago) @ Xenos

- No text -

Two words

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Wednesday, August 16, 2017, 14:44 (2437 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Not even 30 Sec. Edit: Xenos... are you a robot? That was way too quick.

"mobile notifications"

SwiftBungieOrg

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Wednesday, August 16, 2017, 18:05 (2437 days ago) @ Beorn

- No text -

SwiftBungieOrg

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Thursday, August 17, 2017, 09:20 (2436 days ago) @ unoudid

OK, I finally gave in to you bastards.

Gooble gobble

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Thursday, August 17, 2017, 11:06 (2436 days ago) @ Vortech

- No text -

SwiftBungieOrg

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Thursday, August 17, 2017, 11:05 (2436 days ago) @ unoudid

Unfortunately, there were never enough simultaneous users in that group to qualify as a clan, because some people lacked commitment.

SwiftBungieOrg

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, August 17, 2017, 11:16 (2436 days ago) @ stabbim

I just basically never got to B.net. I joined the group and then never went back to it. ):

Signing up for the new DBO PS4 group was the first time I've visited B.net in like six months.

Your disloyalty and lack of motivation has been noted

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Thursday, August 17, 2017, 12:21 (2436 days ago) @ cheapLEY

- No text -

So this is our Fall migration. How do we get back in Spring?

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Thursday, August 17, 2017, 10:52 (2436 days ago) @ Beorn

- No text -

*Oholiab chuckles

by Oholiab @, Thursday, August 17, 2017, 14:09 (2436 days ago) @ Ragashingo

- No text -

Just checked the leaderboards. How is this possible Wu?

by Robot Chickens, Thursday, August 17, 2017, 13:05 (2436 days ago) @ Beorn

[image]

At first I thought it was an ordering glitch and that somehow you ended up ahead of chapman's 11 minutes and 35 seconds. 11 Hours and 3 minutes in one crucible game? Damn, that's impressive.

Anyone else spot fun stats on the leaderboard?

by Claude Errera @, Thursday, August 17, 2017, 13:28 (2436 days ago) @ Robot Chickens

[image]

At first I thought it was an ordering glitch and that somehow you ended up ahead of chapman's 11 minutes and 35 seconds. 11 Hours and 3 minutes in one crucible game? Damn, that's impressive.

Hmm. There was a game I joined in progress; it had had more than a thousand players before me, and I have no clue how many after me. Things were broken. It's possible that part of its broken-ness was not logging me out when I quit.

(I can't remember all the details. 11 hours DOES seem a little excessive.)

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Thursday, August 17, 2017, 14:36 (2436 days ago) @ Robot Chickens

I reckon since the roster is still limited, I'm #1 at precision kills in raids! And considering I never play raids, this is amazing!

[image]

by bluerunner @, Music City, Thursday, August 17, 2017, 15:37 (2436 days ago) @ Robot Chickens

Rellekh had an epic 6 hour Prison of Elders game.

I want to know what jchapman did to go on a 54 kill spree.

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Thursday, August 17, 2017, 17:44 (2436 days ago) @ bluerunner

I want to know what jchapman did to go on a 54 kill spree.

he kept "quickly" explaining what to do in the next section and people kept killing themselves.

totally kidding chappy, I love you and your explanations :P

I don't have time 2 explain why I don't have time to explain

by Chappy, Arlington, VA., Thursday, August 17, 2017, 20:29 (2436 days ago) @ ManKitten

- No text -

Was it a game of warsong gulch? Seems short.

by Kahzgul, Thursday, August 17, 2017, 19:54 (2436 days ago) @ Robot Chickens

- No text -

For those interested in Banner Options

by Zero @, Florida, Thursday, August 24, 2017, 14:18 (2429 days ago) @ Beorn

Here's a full list of all currently available clan banner options for those interested in how these banners are put together: http://imgur.com/a/cyHI0

From Reddit of course: https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/6vtei9/clan_banner_options/

Recommendation

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Thursday, August 24, 2017, 14:24 (2429 days ago) @ Zero

I expect this to occur any way, but just in case, since it's very likely that only Clan Admins can make a banner, I hope that we all can make a vote on the options.

Too late.

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Thursday, August 24, 2017, 14:29 (2429 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

See below.

We liked this one because the three birds flying in formation are like our three Clans – separate but still together. The front bird is colored to match the platform that it represents. The background is a nice dark neutral that works with all of the colors. And it's pretty. And we wanted to stay away from icons that were tied too closely to classes.

We'll see how these appear in-game. And if we end up getting more Emblem/Detail options as we complete tasks, then we'll have to revisit.

[image]

I like it!

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Thursday, August 24, 2017, 14:53 (2429 days ago) @ Beorn

- No text -

Well. Uh. It's obvous you've gone mad with power and stuff.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Thursday, August 24, 2017, 15:06 (2429 days ago) @ Beorn
edited by INSANEdrive, Thursday, August 24, 2017, 15:18

Wu please nerf.

[image]

DBO: WE'RE BIRDS! SQUAWK!

ok whatever./s

Edit: Added sarcasm tag. Because internet.

lol

by Claude Errera @, Thursday, August 24, 2017, 16:57 (2429 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Wu please nerf.

I'm pretty sure he could shut my internet down.

Uh oh! LOL.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Thursday, August 24, 2017, 17:13 (2429 days ago) @ Claude Errera

- No text -

Coup confirmed

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Thursday, August 24, 2017, 17:56 (2429 days ago) @ Claude Errera

#freeWu

Coup confirmed

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Thursday, August 24, 2017, 18:42 (2429 days ago) @ ZackDark

[image]

+10 for effort. -100 for Comic Sans.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Thursday, August 24, 2017, 19:26 (2429 days ago) @ Ragashingo

- No text -

-1000 for not knowing your fonts.

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Thursday, August 24, 2017, 20:03 (2429 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

[image]

Install this font

by Pyromancy @, discovering fire every week, Thursday, August 24, 2017, 20:55 (2429 days ago) @ Ragashingo
edited by Pyromancy, Thursday, August 24, 2017, 21:07

OOoO WingDings!

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Thursday, August 24, 2017, 23:19 (2429 days ago) @ Pyromancy

- No text -

ಠ_ಠ

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Thursday, August 24, 2017, 23:15 (2429 days ago) @ Ragashingo

I admit, I not being a Mac user,-resists urge to make a Mac joke-, I have never heard of Chalkboard SE, or if I ever have, completely forgot about it due to it's highly rare use case, much like Comic Sans should have been. That's fine. Prehapts I am simply todays lucky 10,000.

That said, while it might not be Comic Sans, you still choose a font with highly similar characteristics. It has the same casual (to the point of childlike), sans-serif, non-connecting, off angled, rounded, script appearance which blatantly denotes it's highly informal intent. That means designs related to comic books or cartoons, not posters calling out to SAVE OUR BELOVED WU-FATHER! You have so many sans-serif options! Like the always excellent Helvetica, or Futura, or Optima! Shoot if you wanted to keep the look for some reason, you could have gone with the Slab-serif typeface Courier! Not as rounded, but far more professional. I wouldn't recommend Courier for this, but it's an option!

So yes, technically by name alone, plus some very subtle differences which I actually did see and did a quick check on before I posted, it is not comic sans. If I see a snake that looks venomous I'll call it out all the same. In the end I have no regrets. It's not my design.

I wasn't the one who chose the font that looks highly similar to comic sans. ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ

Your point deduction stands. X2 for struggling.

+1

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Thursday, August 24, 2017, 15:15 (2429 days ago) @ Beorn

- No text -

Too late.

by bluerunner @, Music City, Thursday, August 24, 2017, 17:34 (2429 days ago) @ Beorn

Not enough snakes.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread