Xbox Blind Raid (Fireteam Builder Events)

by Mr Daax ⌂ @, aka: SSG Daax, Monday, September 04, 2017, 19:51 (2397 days ago)
edited by Mr Daax, Monday, September 04, 2017, 19:55

I'm looking to put together an Xbox blind raid crew. This crew would be committed to playing the raid solely with each other until completion without the aid of any spoilers or walkthroughs. Timeframe would be from about 7:30-10:30 pm PST. My available evenings are when my wife works (varies week by week) after I have put our son to bed.

Sound like something that might interest you? Let me know! RaichuKFM, DiscipleN2k, and FaerieFire have already expressed interest. If it gets to the point where we have too many guardians interested to fill the 6 slots, we'll just go by a first come first serve basis and I would be happy to help organize a second raid crew at that point.

Edit: I'm also trying to pull some folks in from my group of friends. A few interested but no definite commitments yet.

Xbox Blind Raid

by bluerunner @, Music City, Tuesday, September 05, 2017, 04:23 (2396 days ago) @ Mr Daax

I'm interested, but are you trying to do it next week? What days of the week? I've set up a fireteam event that fits your time of day, but I was planning on waiting an extra week.

You best bet is to use the fireteam builder.

Xbox Blind Raid

by Mr Daax ⌂ @, aka: SSG Daax, Tuesday, September 05, 2017, 05:27 (2396 days ago) @ bluerunner

I'm not familiar with the fireteam builder but will give it a shot. And I am in no rush to start the raid. Whenever the group is ready is good with me. I don't think I could pull off 5pm though. 7:30 PST, maybe 7, is about the earliest I could start because of my son.

"Blind"

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Tuesday, September 05, 2017, 07:27 (2396 days ago) @ bluerunner

Heh. Remember that time we ran King's Fall "blind" but got stuck and had to regroup later in the week? And then you made a "Spoilers OK" FTB event so I started a thread to see if there were any more people who were still interested in finishing blind? But then you hijacked the thread to tell me, "No, my event is still toootally a blind raid (lol)," but you decided to watch streams of the raid that week so when I showed up for raid time you told me that if I still wanted to run it blind, I could fuck off and find my own raid group? Except I didn't have my own raid group because you hijacked the thread where I was trying to find one to tell me I didn't need one? That was fun.

Ah, good times. Good times.

-Disciple

"Blind"

by bluerunner @, Music City, Tuesday, September 05, 2017, 07:46 (2396 days ago) @ DiscipleN2k

I could fuck off

Words bluerunner never uses.

Schedules and blind raids are very hard to arrange. That one didn't go very well and everybody, including me, was frustrated in how long it was taking to complete it. I'm not sure why you're being bitter at me 2 years later though.

Seeing how this has probably poisoned my event, I'll should probably just drop it now. :(

"Blind"

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Tuesday, September 05, 2017, 08:31 (2396 days ago) @ bluerunner

I could fuck off

Words bluerunner never uses.

No, you're right. You certainly used much nicer words to let me know that you had strung me along telling me that we were running blind until the last possible second, but if I didn't want the answers handed to me, that I was welcome to try and find five more people who wanted to try to run a blind raid that night. Good luck!

Schedules and blind raids are very hard to arrange. That one didn't go very well and everybody, including me, was frustrated in how long it was taking to complete it.

What? Blind raiding is difficult? I'm sorry, man. It never dawned on me that getting six people through several hours of the most challenging content in the game would turn out to be difficult. You're right, man. You are totally justified in screwing over half of your team so you could just get it done.

You had the choice to stick to the plan to do it blind, or take the easy way out.

You had the choice to inform your team that you were changing plans, or leave us hanging on raid day.

You made the choices that worked best for you.

I'm not sure why you're being bitter at me 2 years later though.

Why am I still bitter? Because when I finally found four more people willing to go in blind, our 6th's idea of "letting us figure it out for ourselves" was asking us questions with binary answers and telling us whether we were right or wrong. I'm bitter because I missed out on figuring out one of the most unique mechanics in any of the raids because you wanted to make sure you had your 6 people at start time instead of giving the few of us who still wanted to finish blind even a few hours to find a new team. I'm bitter because every raid since, I've had to be overly cautious about who I'm pulling into that first raid because, of all of the people I would have expected to screw over their team to score an easy win, you were pretty much at the bottom of the list.

I'm not just bitter at you for an event from two years ago. I'm now bitter at everyone I interact with leading up to every major event that requires that I trust more than one person in this game, and I get to stay bitter from the time the planning starts until the first time that final boss falls, because if you're capable of pulling that shit with your team, then everyone is.

-Disciple

"Blind"

by bluerunner @, Music City, Tuesday, September 05, 2017, 08:51 (2396 days ago) @ DiscipleN2k

I would like to publically apologize for that then. I didn't realize I had ruined it for you and that was never my intent. I'm usually pretty impatient when I can't complete something and I let that impatience get the better of me.

I always enjoy playing with you, and whenever I make it back out your way I hope we get a chance to hang out.

I'm kinda up in the air on how to do this one blind, or if it's going to be possible for me. I pretty much need to do it in one weekend, and they are releasing it too early for me. By the end of September I was hoping to get one campout with the kids and one solo backcountry hike in the Smokies. Plus I've got a little side business I'm trying to get going. Bungie needs to hold this raid off until October.

Man, and it was getting good...

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Tuesday, September 05, 2017, 09:04 (2396 days ago) @ bluerunner

- No text -

Man, and it was getting good...

by bluerunner @, Music City, Tuesday, September 05, 2017, 09:18 (2396 days ago) @ Korny

The final boss on the new raid is beaten by completing a Husky Raid dance routine.

"Blind"

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Tuesday, September 05, 2017, 12:53 (2396 days ago) @ bluerunner

Much appreciated, man. I've always enjoyed having you on my fireteam, as well (just, maybe not on that first raid attempt :p ). And I get being impatient. Raiding may just be the one area where I have any patience whatsoever. I'm cool with spending a month hacking away at a raid if it means finishing as a group and solving everything for ourselves. And I get that not everyone is cool with that, just as long as everyone's intentions are known far enough out to plan accordingly.

And I'm sorry for throwing you under the bus on the forums. Honestly, I probably would have just quietly avoided future blind raid events with you without ever mentioning the King's Fall event, but I think there was some déjà vu here that struck a nerve (someone is excited about blind raiding and trying to find a team; Blue drops in to steer them toward his FTB event). Still, whatever my reason for doing so, it was a shitty thing to do.

If you're cool with waiting forever and potentially taking forever, I've got two IRL buddies who are going to take it pretty slow and probably won't be raid-ready until October. The plan is get together and LAN some Saturday morning and see what we can knock out in one day. But if Mr. Daax & co. are ready before we are and their schedule works out better, then best of luck to all of you!

-Disciple

That raid was the least fun I have ever had in Destiny.

by Funkmon @, Tuesday, September 05, 2017, 13:03 (2396 days ago) @ DiscipleN2k

What was the problem we were having on the ships? We didn't notice the plates and it took us like 3 hours or something?

Did you get to do WOTM blind?

That raid was the least fun I have ever had in Destiny.

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Tuesday, September 05, 2017, 13:06 (2396 days ago) @ Funkmon

Did you get to do WOTM blind?

99% blind with one unwelcome "hint" right after telling someone I was avoiding spoilers.

-Disciple

Boy I hope it was Zero. Who was it?

by Funkmon @, Tuesday, September 05, 2017, 20:04 (2396 days ago) @ DiscipleN2k

- No text -

Boy I hope it was Zero. Who was it?

by Zero @, Florida, Tuesday, September 05, 2017, 20:25 (2396 days ago) @ Funkmon

Although that sounds like something you would do Funk, if I did it, I do apologize, and I also don't even remember it. I barely remember what I did this weekend let alone a year ago.

"Blind"

by bluerunner @, Music City, Tuesday, September 05, 2017, 13:11 (2396 days ago) @ DiscipleN2k

If I don't get to do it with Daax I'll be up for waiting on a group. I wish these things happened in bad weather and not in prime outdoors weather. My only thing on my schedule for October is the Knob Creek MG Shoot on the 14th. Bungie needs to get on my schedule.

<3 u bby

by ProbablyLast, Tuesday, September 05, 2017, 09:13 (2396 days ago) @ DiscipleN2k

- No text -

Sounds great

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Tuesday, September 05, 2017, 06:59 (2396 days ago) @ Mr Daax

That time slot works pretty well for me, and I absolutely want to do the raid blind. I don't mind if it takes us several days, or even through the reset; it'd be fun to figure out the puzzles as we go.

Make an FTB event when you think you've got a start date figured out, and I'll sign up!

Sounds great

by Mr Daax ⌂ @, aka: SSG Daax, Tuesday, September 05, 2017, 16:01 (2396 days ago) @ Beorn

That time slot works pretty well for me, and I absolutely want to do the raid blind. I don't mind if it takes us several days, or even through the reset; it'd be fun to figure out the puzzles as we go.

Make an FTB event when you think you've got a start date figured out, and I'll sign up!

One is up and we have openings!

Xbox Blind Raid

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Tuesday, September 05, 2017, 07:54 (2396 days ago) @ Mr Daax

I love my spoilers, but I'd like to try out this blind thing maybe. Count me in until I say otherwise, please. :)

Xbox Blind Raid

by Mr Daax ⌂ @, aka: SSG Daax, Tuesday, September 05, 2017, 16:02 (2396 days ago) @ Ragashingo
edited by Mr Daax, Tuesday, September 05, 2017, 16:05

We had a few step down. Your still want in?

There is an FTB event posted if you would like to sign up

Xbox Blind Raid

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Tuesday, September 05, 2017, 08:13 (2396 days ago) @ Mr Daax

I'm looking to put together an Xbox blind raid crew. This crew would be committed to playing the raid solely with each other until completion without the aid of any spoilers or walkthroughs. Timeframe would be from about 7:30-10:30 pm PST. My available evenings are when my wife works (varies week by week) after I have put our son to bed.

Sound like something that might interest you? Let me know! RaichuKFM, DiscipleN2k, and FaerieFire have already expressed interest. If it gets to the point where we have too many guardians interested to fill the 6 slots, we'll just go by a first come first serve basis and I would be happy to help organize a second raid crew at that point.

um, yeah

Fireteam builder event created

by Mr Daax ⌂ @, aka: SSG Daax, Tuesday, September 05, 2017, 08:43 (2396 days ago) @ Mr Daax

- No text -

Xbox Blind Raid

by RaichuKFM @, Northeastern Ohio, Tuesday, September 05, 2017, 09:31 (2396 days ago) @ Mr Daax

Still interested here!

I'll keep my schedule posted, as I get it. Hopefully that all can work out, relatively easily.

Full crew

by Mr Daax ⌂ @, aka: SSG Daax, Tuesday, September 05, 2017, 10:43 (2396 days ago) @ Mr Daax

So the fireteam builder filled up. We have myself, my friend Amity, bluerunner, RaichuKFM, rellekh, and UpNorth 65.

Is there any chance that you guys use discord? I would like to have some way to group chat and keep in touch. Texting and emailing works as well. Just let me know what works for you guys.

As for any others who sign(ed) up, I could put you down as an ALT or I would be happy to help you organize another group.

I do have a Discord, actually

by RaichuKFM @, Northeastern Ohio, Tuesday, September 05, 2017, 11:22 (2396 days ago) @ Mr Daax

It's RaichuKFM#3312 if anybody else has one. I wouldn't mind keeping up with another method, or just the forum thread.

Also, as for the extra people, if scheduling works out so that it would be easier to roll with somebody else in my stead, I won't mind at all.

I do have a Discord, actually

by Mr Daax ⌂ @, aka: SSG Daax, Tuesday, September 05, 2017, 12:07 (2396 days ago) @ RaichuKFM

The reason I ask is so that we have a place where just the raid crew is able to chat as a group, talk any potential strategies, without worrying about posting potential spoilers here and such.

It doesn't have to be discord. Whatever works best for you guys. Heck, even the xbox mobile app has group messages I think.

Full crew

by bluerunner @, Music City, Tuesday, September 05, 2017, 11:51 (2396 days ago) @ Mr Daax

Keep me as a maybe. I don't do discord or anything like that. You can message me through my email here or XBL if you want. I have a promised camping trip for a bunch of kids, but if the hurricane blows rain up my way I'll ditch them to play with you guys. Hopefully I can have my character raid ready by then. I should know for sure by this time next week.

Full crew

by Mr Daax ⌂ @, aka: SSG Daax, Tuesday, September 05, 2017, 12:09 (2396 days ago) @ bluerunner

Don't worry too much about it, Blue. I am not in any rush to get raid ready, and I hope everyone else in the group feels the same way. It's a commitment on everyone's part to play only with each other, even if that means waiting until everyone is ready.

Terribly Sorry! Not a full crew

by Robot Chickens, Tuesday, September 05, 2017, 14:05 (2396 days ago) @ Mr Daax

Please accept my humble apologies. I signed up 3 people tentatively to that timeline because we thought it might work out for us. I tried to communicate that we were interested but not fully committed by using the "tentative" box. In doing so, I fear I've made life harder for you. I have other commitments that take precedent. Again, I'm so sorry to disappoint.

by Mr Daax ⌂ @, aka: SSG Daax, Tuesday, September 05, 2017, 14:43 (2396 days ago) @ Robot Chickens

No worries! Are you saying just you won't be able to make it, or all three of you?

by Robot Chickens, Tuesday, September 05, 2017, 14:47 (2396 days ago) @ Mr Daax

This would be for the three of us.

by Mr Daax ⌂ @, aka: SSG Daax, Tuesday, September 05, 2017, 15:31 (2396 days ago) @ Robot Chickens

Gotcha. Thanks for the update.

Cancelled

by Mr Daax ⌂ @, aka: SSG Daax, Thursday, September 07, 2017, 06:45 (2394 days ago) @ Mr Daax

Ends up this isn't gonna work out for me folks. Sorry everyone. I would still be happy to help you form a group though. There are a few who expressed interest but nobody really committed to it.

Cancelled

by bluerunner @, Music City, Thursday, September 07, 2017, 06:50 (2394 days ago) @ Mr Daax

No problem. The weather is looking good for me so I plan on being outdoors next weekend. Plus I'm enjoying taking my time through the campaign and savoring it.

Xbox Blind Raid

by General Vagueness @, The Vault of Sass, Thursday, September 07, 2017, 14:07 (2394 days ago) @ Mr Daax

I would very much like a blind raid, and I don't see any fireteam events up for it any more
my schedule is unpredictable so I couldn't tell you what days are good, but I'm always home by about 9:15 PM EST at least, usually earlier

Xbox Blind Raid

by Mr Daax ⌂ @, aka: SSG Daax, Thursday, September 07, 2017, 15:31 (2394 days ago) @ General Vagueness

Check with Kermit. I know he is looking for a crew.

Xbox Blind Raid

by General Vagueness @, The Vault of Sass, Thursday, September 07, 2017, 18:12 (2394 days ago) @ Mr Daax

Check with Kermit. I know he is looking for a crew.

I posted in his thread, it was mostly PS4 players
still...
Kermit, you there? are you playing on Xbox at all?

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread