So what happened to the gamertag google doc? (DBO)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, September 11, 2017, 07:17 (2390 days ago)

I was going to remind new members to fill it in.

Is it being updated for PC?

So what happened to the gamertag google doc?

by Schooly D, TSD Gaming Condo, TX, Monday, September 11, 2017, 08:22 (2390 days ago) @ Kermit

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Monday, September 11, 2017, 09:10 (2390 days ago) @ Kermit

We unpinned it because it was extremely outdated. We replaced it with the threads about joining the official DBO clan(s), and I think those clan rosters are a pretty good substitute.

^ This – Please use the Clan rosters

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Monday, September 11, 2017, 09:13 (2390 days ago) @ Speedracer513

Once Bungie settles down with the Clans and API access, I'll see about getting some functionality implemented over here, too.

This will leave out people like me though...

by Mariachi @, Kentucky, Monday, September 11, 2017, 12:02 (2390 days ago) @ Beorn

I am in a clan with a bunch of close friends, but I also enjoy playing with DBO peeps. Previously, I could be in the DBO b.net group and still be in a clan that wasn't DBO related. Since the Clan and groups are merged, I can only participate in one at a time. Granted, I'm not the most active forum participant, but I still enjoy playing with you guys.

^ This – Please use the Clan rosters

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, September 11, 2017, 12:06 (2390 days ago) @ Beorn

Once Bungie settles down with the Clans and API access, I'll see about getting some functionality implemented over here, too.

I guess that will be fine, but in a lot of cases user names here don't line up with gamertags.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Tuesday, September 12, 2017, 07:49 (2389 days ago) @ Speedracer513

We unpinned it because it was extremely outdated. We replaced it with the threads about joining the official DBO clan(s), and I think those clan rosters are a pretty good substitute.

On reflection, I'm not at all convinced the clan rosters are a pretty good substitute. If I want to know what platform a DBOer uses, I have to look at three non-alphabitized lists (if I have access) to find a gamertag that might not even be the same as the user name here.

I take the point that it was outdated, so let's make a new one? What's the harm? Better than taking the old away without comment.

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Tuesday, September 12, 2017, 08:59 (2389 days ago) @ Kermit

Even better, just give us a spot in our profile to indicate our respective platform ids and use that to keep it up to date.

by RaichuKFM @, Northeastern Ohio, Tuesday, September 12, 2017, 11:43 (2389 days ago) @ Blackt1g3r

We could just elect to mention them in the profile box, for now.

I also think a new doc would be nice, though, and it doesn't sound like it would require much work?

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread