Gameplay Issue w/Titan (Destiny)

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Wednesday, September 13, 2017, 12:42 (2388 days ago)

So the lone gripe I have with gameplay at the moment (bear in mind I main Titan and haven't levelled my other classes yet) deals with the Titan's shoulder charge. I'm very pleased that all three subclasses get their own version of a sprint-activated dash attack (especially on the Sentinel) but I keep experiencing the same issue:

Once the attack is primed, I can't activate it in the air if I'm looking up or down at my target and ever expect to connect. Warlocks will floof unbothered overhead, and hunters will dodge behind cover down below, but with all of my furious speed, my dash attack won't connect. It seems to only project me forward on the X-axis. IIRC, in D1 this wasn't an issue, but I haven't played in some time so I may need to go back to verify. I could even understand if it deactivated were I to aim more than a certain angle off the vector of my momentum to either side; but I don't think it too much to expect that if I've dashed and the power is primed, I should be able to jump and angle that power up or down at my target and land the hit.

Anyone else frustrated by this?

~m

Gameplay Issue w/Titan

by Harmanimus @, Wednesday, September 13, 2017, 12:48 (2388 days ago) @ Malagate

I haven't much used it for PvP. But I have run into cases of bouncing onf players. Or otherwise missing a straight shot. There does seem to be something off with either hitboxes or tracking with the should charges.

Gameplay Issue w/Titan

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Wednesday, September 13, 2017, 13:03 (2388 days ago) @ Harmanimus

I haven't much used it for PvP. But I have run into cases of bouncing onf players. Or otherwise missing a straight shot. There does seem to be something off with either hitboxes or tracking with the should charges.

See, I'm cool with it not being an outright kill if my opponent has prioritized resilience in their gear, so bouncing off isn't such a big deal. Happens in PvE plenty of times. It's totally whiffing when I'm in the air, my attack is primed, and my reticle is red, and on my target and I still travel several degrees off of where I'm looking, out into midair.

I'm not even sure I would blame hitboxes. My guess is it's something in how it tracks (or doesn't), as you've said, or something in the very nature of how the attack is executed by the game engine.

~m

Gameplay Issue w/Titan

by Harmanimus @, Wednesday, September 13, 2017, 13:13 (2388 days ago) @ Malagate

I meant bouncing off in the context of not actually hitting them. Like my Guardian hit them but my melee did not. Also generally fine with it not being a OHK, as that makes it more of a tactical decision.

And any tracking will have to do with hitboxes, because that is what you have to be tracking to. They're intertwined. Sorry if my wording there didn't make that clear.

Gameplay Issue w/Titan

by ChrisTheeCrappy, Wednesday, September 13, 2017, 13:15 (2388 days ago) @ Harmanimus

There seems to be a similar bug with the Sentienel shield where a normal bash won't count as a connect.

Gameplay Issue w/Titan

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Wednesday, September 13, 2017, 13:15 (2388 days ago) @ Malagate

No. Glad they ruined it. :-p

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread